Register now to get rid of these ads!

Autograph

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60srailjob, Jan 12, 2009.

1. 59 brook

59 brook

don garlits, don prudhomme, tim allen ,steve saleen, mario andretti,al unser, bobby allison,mark martin ,awesome bill from dawsonville ,aj foyt, ricky rudd, sam ard, bodine brother's, elliot sadler, joe amato

2. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

I used to work with a guy that told me how dumb it was to get autographs of my heroes. Maybe it was, maybe not. But a few months ago, I started buying cheap frames and hanging up my autographed pics and posters in my garage. Now everytime I glance at them, I remember the day I met Paul Lemat and Candy Clark. I remember the day I got a whole slew of Ford racers from the '60's to sign a poster because my wife conned the security guard into giving me the last ticket at Laguna Seca that day. There's a bunch of guys who've I've been lucky enough to see and meet over 30 plus years of going to races here on the west coast, who were all nice enough to sign a poster or picture for me. While to someone else they're just scribbles on paper, but to me, they represent a day when I met someone I looked up to, and got a signature. They won't wind up on ebay, although I'm sure some of them are worth quite a bit, but I honestly don't know who'd pay for a signature they didn't get in person. Just like some guys don't know why I'd ask someone I just met for a signature just because he's famous.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Whoa! Maybe I should have pissed in Henry's office.

4. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

:D:D:Dive gotten a few pictures and stuff signed over the years. but here recently its just been the men and women of fthe indianapolis police dept. and a few judges too;);)

5. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Mom & Pops took me to meet Mario and Michael Andretti back in the late 80's at a K-Mart meet and greet.Great guys.Got their autographs on some cards and photos.....still have today.That left a big impression on me.

Looking forward to bringing the kiddos to see the Forces this year.

6. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I have to admit that I have many, many autographed photos of myself with folks as diverse as Alex Xydias, Tony Bennett, Jimmy Shine, Gene Winfield, most of the American Graffiti cast, and on and on.........one of the most cherished ones I have is Barney Navarro driving his old T roadster into the Muroc Reunion in 1996.......he signed it, "To Bruce, Good Racing, Barney Navarro"....a treasure...

But my most cherished autograph is from a man I am proud to call my friend.......Edwin "Bud" Meyer.......who turned 90 this past August........a wonderful man, and a genuine hot rodding hero whom I love to talk to.......his mind is a steel trap with memories of everything from racing exploits to specifications of engines that he's built...just the Best!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CB

7. speed-kings

speed-kings

I got Mario's back when I was a kid. My Dad took a picture of him and I. Thirty years later I took that picture for him to sign. Told him it was of us. He got a big kick out of that.

8. have a lot of drag racers autographes from going to Columbus, Norwalk, Milan and Detroit Dragways. But The most fun I ever had was when I went to Columbus, because Ed Eaton(my old boss from Detroit Dragway) was being honored by NHRA for his work in drag racing. He invited me back to the tower and I sat in the one suite with all the people that were also being honored. Linda Vaughen, Bill Jenkins, Tommy Ivo and a whole bunch of other people wandered in and out all day.
    George

9. boldventure

boldventure

A buddy sent me tickets to the R/M reception in Montery, his "price" was getting his autograph jacket signed.
    I did better that I expected, Barris, Leno and Andretti!
    I cheated a little though, Mario signed the jacket and a picture of mine. I kept the picture.

10. Troublemaker427 ... Here ya go ...

Gas was signing 8x10's @ last year's CHRR ... so after chatting with him, I had him sign one for my son:

Gas Ronda - Autographed 8x10.jpg

Gas Ronda - 2008 CHRR (4) (1).JPG

... and Carroll signed the glove box door of my neighbor's 1969 Shelby GT350 (he didn't have to pay for the autograph either ... just the $$$$ he spent to buy & restore his Mustang :rolleyes:):

Carroll Shelby Autographed glove-box.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  11. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i have quite a few , but the one i always had planned on getting never happened in time , r.i.p. evel knievel !

12. Never bought any & never paid for anyone to sign an autograph. Never chased anyone for an autograph but waited patiently to see a few drivers. Met and got Richard Petty, Davey Allison, Bill Elliott, Mark Martin, Alan Kulwicki, Junior Johnson, Harry Gant, Dale Earnhardt Sr & Richard Childress, Ned Jarrett, Buddy Baker, Bobby Allison, Rusty Wallace, Bob Force, Scott Jeffrion, Jeff Gordon - the list goes on and on, been going to races and meeting drivers for a long time. Most autographs & pics they're on are getting framed and will hang in the garage soon. But the most memorable time all was when my daughter and I had the opportunity to sit at a picnic table with Kyle Petty and just "BS" with him and one of his crew guys. He's a good story teller but also is a good listener.

13. Firefly

Firefly

Well, I didn't ask for his autograph, but I spent time feeding Gene Winfield ice cream during his last visit to New Zealand. Does that count :D

14. metal man

metal man

As far as I'm concerned , what good are any of them if they're not at the bottom of a check ? Sure some of them are cool people , but they're still just people . What's the point ?

15. rick finch

rick finch

Didn't get his autograph, received a Division 6 Comp. Eliminator trophy from Wally Parks. He was a very gracious man, was an honor to have met him!:)

16. Muttley

Muttley

I've got a couple of old (early '60's) invoices signed by Dean Moon.

17. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

From Her Last Run
    at Pomona

Attached Files:

18. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Well i like them. i have 3 of the 4 Beatles John, Paul, Ringo and John's son Julian. I have most of the AG cast on a old poster (need Harrison Ford and Cindy Williams) i have Gean Windfields Jerry Seingfeild Bob Hope (hell of a guy) and some more
    Most i have worked on there houses doing plumbing and they just gave me pic and autographs
    Dave

19. Point is for some of us it's a hobby. We do it because we want to. I collect other stuff and drink beer too. Maybe pointless but sure can be fun!

20. metal man

metal man

21. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I have alot of sigs- but I don't stand in line & I usually don't pay. Some are cool but it's not a hobby or obsession. I usually have them sign one of their books, not too many signed pics.

2 of my favorites.

Dennis signed my book "Up in Flames" for me after he finished flamin' my car. What a guy- and so humble! I should be so lucky!!!
    [​IMG]

I had Bill sign this. I talked to Bill for 45 minutes. He was stuck at the table & I did go over & get him a sandwich & drink (GNRS 08). It's the B&W pic on table signed in blue. There's a guy next to me paying 5 bucks for his sig. Very cool guy.
    [​IMG]

22. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I have never gone out of my way to get an autograph, just been at the right place at the right time. I have Gary Gabelich, Smokey Yunick, Rodger Ward, Vic Edelbrock, Johnny Rutherford & Dean Torrance of Jan & Dean. I also have an original hardback first edition of Hot Rod that is autographed by Henry Gregor Felson. Each one holds a memory.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  23. I,m not one for autographs but it would have been great to have sat with a legend and shared a few cold beers and shot the shit. A cold beer in the hand makes all men equal.....

24. Hemizach

Hemizach

I've got a HEMI Hat signed by Don Garlits.... but thats it though

25. moter

moter

A UT football signed by Earl Campbell from his senior year..
    I have a connecting rod from Don Prudomes(sp?) funny car. Got it during the 80`s during the Gatornationals

26. Somewhere in a box I have Craig Breedlove, Art Pollard and Swede Savage. I also got Linda Vaughn to sign a shirt I was wearing when I was a kid...I just wanted to get real close to her =)

27. WILLY O

WILLY O

It can be Risky getting a autograph! Richard Kiel drove the car Jackie Chan raced in the Cannonball run 2 movie.

He is really a nice guy, this was taken at an automotive film festival near Yosemite.

Attached Files:

28. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Used to be big into Nascar, and have several Richard Petty's autographs.
    Have George Barris, and a picture with Norm Grabowski from the street rod nats in Colombus OH, late 80 eary 90's, I met him the day before and we talked for a few mintues and returned the next day to ask for a pic, and he remembered me...

I had, and need to find, Shirley Muldowney's autograph from the 70's at Lancaster Speedway when she beat the Snake 2 out of 3.

29. Count Scrapula

Count Scrapula
    from Mid TN

Anybody remember in the back of the old Hot Rod mags where you could send off for a signed black and white photo of Isky standing by his T roadster? Man I wish I had taken the time to do that.
    The only one I have is an original Life mag signed by Norm Grabowski. It's the one with him sittin in his T at the drive in chompin on a burger.

30. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Ok now this is funny to me! Ok I am at a Golf tournament and it is hot ass hell
    I am looking at a group that has Arnold Palmer Chichi Rodriguez and Jim Colbert and one other.
    I Take my hat off to poor water on it and wipe my forehead as Arnold goes by. He Grabs my hat and singed it. Not that i wanted him to. I just smiled and said thanks i guess? He smiled and sad that will teach you to take off your hat my be
    Was to funny