Register now to get rid of these ads!

Termites and Bowties- Early Chevy Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29bowtie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. rtomss: Any chance that you could send some pics of your carb set up, I am trying to put a Vintage Speed adapter on my small block with two Rochie 2g dueces, and it looks like your car has it. I am interested in the linkage, and if the carbs are run progressive, or linked?

2. I remember checking that thing out at the cheaters show....parked in the street...I like it, where ya from? 32 chevys make me smile....got any extra parts laying around from it? looking for stuff for my 32.

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

Not real sure but I heard that some 29s and early 30s chevys had the vin stamped on the inner firewall. On my 28 it was on the seat frame and that was long gone. Good luck...ghost

4. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Haven't gotten the chance to start on the rest of my car - my hemi was just finished at the tune of just under $20,000... I'm waiting patiently for my buddy to sell his coupe so my project can finally be underway - my original chassis will be strengthened and made heavier to handle the new found power! YES, the '59 buckets from a Thunderbird fit perfectly in my coupe! The rollcage addition should be pretty sweet with those vintage buckets! I'll be sure to send some pics to the HAMB when it begins! Mike

5. 31ratcoach

31ratcoach
    from rolla

misbehaven how far did you chop your top

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Was the top pic taken in Qyon at Frank Wiggins place??

7. modelamac

modelamac

I'm sure you guys are getting tired of seeing it!
    I've shown it here before... but here it is again.

My '33 Coupe, sporting a 454 with a handshaker... it's put together the way they used to do it... 100% real steel and wood!

And believe it or not, it will smoke the tires and get out of shape even on dry pavement! :rolleyes:

Fast, Fun, and gee you don't see a dozen of them in one place like you do those damn fords! haha!

ooops! I shouldn't say that I have a couple of fords also. hahaha!

Attached Files:

EVL401 and mgtstumpy like this.
  8. Ghost28

Ghost28

9. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  10. fordflambe

fordflambe

Great idea. Glad to see all the old "stovebolts".......thought i was all alone.........Had my 31 (w/32 grille) on the road since 73........lots of miles.....all chevy.........a little road rash....acrylic lacquer was sprayed in early 73 and checking all over......Mor-Drop was done back in 70's, drum brakes all around.....SBC with 3 deuces and power nothing.......didnt know better so replaced the wood when i built the car......... This pic was taken in Houma, La. about 6 years ago.

Attached Files:

Knghtcadi likes this.
  11. jerseymike

jerseymike

jalopyrama mike, those pictures look great! is the rear narrowed? are you leaving the top stock height? can't wait to see it done. mike

12. Ghost28

Ghost28

The 36 looks good. I had a friend that had a nice 37 display wagon with the roll up curtains on both sides so they could display there products. I say had cause he wrecked it awhile back what a waste. Keep yours safe...ghost

13. dwayne

dwayne

go to chevy talk and ask around there if nobody here knows. lots of info there as well

14. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for starting up this group. I have the remains of a 29 roadster. That was dug up out of the sand and brush at semor tx and given to me by a family friend. Ihave a 28 frame that i am thinking of useing. Thanks for the photos and inspration.

15. The top is chopped 6 1/2 inches all the way around, and the body is channeled 3, it still leaves plenty of room for a tall person to sit in the back seat. My sons and I were trying it out the other night, and my six year old was pretending we were driving to Disneyland. Gotta love kids!!

16. chevrod

chevrod
    from Finland

Ok, count me in. Thats my 34 from day one and going ahead to who knows what :D

Attached Files:

17. jerseymike

jerseymike

hey chevrod, looks cool. what kind of front suspension crossmember is that? mike

18. chevrod

chevrod
    from Finland

Homemade crossmember of some 3/16" thick scrap laying around my garage.

19. thechopperguy

thechopperguy

rtomss - Wasn't your car in Street Rodder magazine?

20. rtomss

rtomss

It was.....Jan 09'

21. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I guess I will play also.

1935 Chevrolet Master Deluxe.

[​IMG]

Not a Chevy,But still a real nice coupe that I started last year.

1929 Pontiac 6-29 Coupe

[​IMG]

22. rtomss

rtomss

Miss-B-Haven - here's a pic of the motor and carbs. The second comes in around half pedal. The front's the primary, and the second is the dumper!

Attached Files:

23. Tim Morris

Tim Morris

...and a '34 standard

Attached Files:

24. THANK YOU very much!!! It looks like your carbs are backwards on the base plate, to what mine are. Any chance of a pass. side picture, and also is that a Ford grille shell on your car?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  25. rtomss

rtomss

Here's the passenger side... As far as the shell goes.....Shhh!

Attached Files:

26. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Here's a pickup I'm building for a friend from '31 Coach tin.

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  27. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Yeah! I'm in too.

I picked up mine on thanksgiving weekend. It's a '30 2-dr sedan, with a later '36 6-cyl. engine. One website listed the engine block as a '36, 206 c.i. but, I don't know. Maybe a 216.

Yesterday, I picked up complete front & rear ends from a '38 Chevy truck. According to an old Rod & Custom article by Pat Ganahl ('92 I think) the early truck front axles, up to about '57, are pretty much bolt-in. I know this car has a different rear end in it 'cause the axle pads were moved in order to install it. I'm hoping that the '38 brakes will be a bolt-on too for the rear. Then with another pedal assembly, I'll have juice brakes all 'round.

There's a guy on E-bay that will drop these Chevy I-beam axles. Is there anybody here on the HAMB that drops these? An 'Aliance' vender maybe?

I'm looking forward to getting this on the road this summer!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  28. PM 5WBomber or Phone Jordan @(805)350-0433 He should be able to help with the axle drop question.

29. Ghost28

Ghost28

I followed your 28 on a google site. But you have not updated it for some time. Last I remember you were making all the wood and swearing like a sailor. You had recieved an engine from a shop class. And had the frame boxing done, and the front brakes and suspension completed. I think I just bought mine and thought how lucky you were to start with a complete car.Well if you have any more pictures when you get time lets see them...ghost
    here is a few of mine

Attached Files:

30. Dad's Chevy. me on running bd, and mom preg with 2nd kid.

Front page of Houstom Press picture of him in the Chevy getting ready to be the first to drive on N. Shepard when they opened it.
    I think I was conceived in that car. Mom said it happened after he won a drag race.
    It had a 292, 5 carb setup, louvered hood which he did with his own press. Daily driver and raced at Houston Int Dragstrip off 45 south

Mikey
    www.MikeysPinstriping.com
    "Dad did Bad things in that Little Chevy"

Attached Files: