Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. WILLY O

WILLY O

Was that a common color on these? I have seen some doors at the wreckingyard that same color.

2. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

I dont see the yellow as much as I see that light green color.

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

That's a true panel van. Kind of rare.

I've seen green, white, red, and blue, but never yellow. I don't think they came with a lot of color optins being a basic work truck. I think mine was white, but was repainted Earl Schieb blue at some point

4. WILLY O

WILLY O

It looks to be the orignal paint from 1962. It says Goodwill real faint on the rear doors, first I thought it said Goodyear or Goodrich but when I looked real close it does say Goodwill. It also has pipes that run along the roofline inside guess that was to hang clothes on?

5. ray

ray
    from colorado

here's the falcon van i slapped a paint job and wheels on for my girlfriend last winter. nothin fancy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Lucky girl friend! where did you find your interior pannels or were they with the van when you got it?

7. ray

ray
    from colorado

she sure is!:D

the interior trim came with the van when i got it. it also came with a spare set of trim that i don't need, but it'd be a PITA to ship.

8. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

WOW! all of this has been a time warp. Had a 65 Falcon window van many years ago. Got it for $150 and drug it home from the hills. It had a 240 six and three speed and a 9 inch rear. Kept plugging away on it and finally dropped in a built 289, a pretty easy swap. Did up the interior had ghost flames on it, took a couple trophies at some van ins, did a lot of road trips and camping in it. Then some drunk 16 yr old in his buddies 66 Buick came screaming up my street on a Friday afternoon. He put the van into my neighbors yard. That really ruined my day. Wish I had another but with two garages full of current oldies to finish I better not look for more toys.

9. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

If you want to sell it and can come up with some kind of shiping cost send me a PM. I'd love to not have to make all of the interior pieces!:D

10. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

A couple updates. Some of the front end parts back on and a cleaned up set of pizza cutters for the front. It'll have 15x10s on the back. later,Bill
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Might as well throw a couple pics of mine in, thought it was good timing since there is a priceline van thread cookin' right now too. The brotherhood of the van is strong right now...:D:D:D Sold three before I decided this was my keeper, I drive the pure pooh out of this one.

Attached Files:

12. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Dude that thing is awsome!

13. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Thanks man, as is yours....that paint and grill is too cool. I could only budget in the metalflake on my roof and mirrors, can't see it in my pics at all. Will try to post better pics later.

14. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Thank you sir. and please do. What color is your flake? is it white?

15. JohnForLife

JohnForLife
    from NEW JERSEY

heres my 65 i just picked up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Crook that thing is badass I love that I am not the only one with a van anymore lol.............even though I dont have a econoline I still drive mine everywhere

17. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

John, The van looks great! Nice job.

Later,Bill

18. screwball

screwball

would anyone be interested in a Mercury front trim it fits where the FORD letters go but is Canadian Mercury only. First 50.00 takes it will send pics before doing deal so you know what you are getting. P.M. me

19. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

New pair of shoes and some trim on. Spring is coming!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Dude that turned out killer! you need a murel of a spaceship fucking a dragon in a valcano on the side of it now! I love the 70's!

21. Choptop

Choptop

nice.. I saw this one for sale... but if I had bought it I dont think I could have brought myself to paint it.

22. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I think I'll stick to a satin black for now. I think it has that 70's vibe to it.

Later, Bill

23. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Thanks Acrochicken...I've got to get to work on my interior, yours looks awesome!
    Fuzzy Bunny my roof is silver flake.
    Novatattoo I dig it...love the big 'n little slots, I had a set I was gonna' put on mine, but they turned out to be chevy wheels.

24. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

Those rims look sweet

25. 67econoline

67econoline

67 econoline ....in progress

Attached Files:

26. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

I've got a 64 8 door. Sorry only pic I got at work is the one you see. Flat black with red tinted windows. 4" lifted straight axle. 15x4 and 15x8.5 Torque Thrusts. Solid too!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  27. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Dig it Straight Axle Steve!

28. mooneysusa

mooneysusa
    from N/A

I've got 2 and 1/16 Econolines (the 1/16 is just the front end I cut off a rusty one to make a bar out of ;-)

The 2 complete Econolines are for sale in the classifieds section, so take a look if you are looking for one or two :)

One is an "8 Dooor" and the other is a "No Door"

Attached Files:

29. BRENT

BRENT

GOD I love these vans! Im still convinced that these vans are the next big thing! The great thing about them is there is no wrong way to go style wise...........its all cool in a cheesey kind of way, isnt that the fun I guess! VANTASTIC!

BRENT

30. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve