Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Old guy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gcwred, Jan 11, 2009.

1. gcwred

gcwred

Need help ID'ing shell
    I'm still trying to learn how to navigate this form so be pactiate with me. I'm building a hot rod for the first time but have been a car guy all my life, ever sence I was rebulding try-cycles. I am trying to find out the make and model of the grill shell I have. Any help I will greatly appreciate. I am only one month into my build, so I have a long way to go. Getting all my parts from the wrecking yard and friends. GCWRED

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  2. Thumper

Thumper

Is that a VW bug body ?

3. gcwred

gcwred

Ya, I hate to adimite it but it is a VW. I am working with what I have cause it is a cheap build. I chopped the top and the rest of it will be highly modified when I get through. Plan to put a little PU bed on the back. Will have 350 chevy and a 700 R4 trans. Ford rear axle, 8.8 w/3.73 possey. Going to have 1/4 elliptic suspension. I've got a long way to go. GCWRED

4. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Man, I've been all over the internet and can't find a shell like that one. Anyone else have any ideas?

5. gcwred

gcwred

Thanks for checking. It looks like i'm going to need all the help I can get. GCWRED

6. JHZMAN

JHZMAN
    from Florida

What you have there is the top half of a 1934/1935 Chevrolet grille. The Chevy Emblem is in the grille work on these years. 1933 had a Enamel Chevrolet in the center at the top where the grille folds.

7. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Damn it! He's right. I like to pride myself on identifying parts, but the lack of the bow tie threw me off. You win some you lose some :D Here it is in it's natural habitat....

[​IMG]

8. gcwred

gcwred

I want to thank you very much for the info. There is nothing worst than somebody asking you what kind of part you have on your car and all you can say is duu. Thanks again. GCWRED

9. gcwred

gcwred

Thanks for the picture. That sure is a nice rod. I can see I will have to look for the radiator cap now. Thanks for the info. GCWRED