Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey Texans....Minimum height requirement???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

as our spanish speaking neighbors might say...

"ES BASURRA !"

2. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

While it is on the books, it is rarely enforced. The valence is obviously plastic and would cause no damage. Others have stated he was probably looking for something more and used the height issue as an excuse to pull you over....I agree - Last time it was in your modified because of the antique plates - total bullshit! Sounds like you've got a real friend there :D

3. bradslowmodela

bradslowmodela

i wouldnt worry about it, i've gone 3 years without any questions asked...
    dont cut your truck, screw those that dissagree....

4. rixrex

rixrex

Probable cause is practically a game with them these days, be carefull and don't give them anything..Many years ago, I had a regular date with an officer at my girlfriends High School as I picked her up to go home..I had long hair and was driving a 49 Cadillac, He was convinced I was the guy selling dope to the students..My usual ticket was for "impeding traffic" even though I was in line like everybody else..one day they thought they had me for enough to tow my car to impound, I had bought my 49 from the ex District Attorney, he had several cars and had accidently switched the new plates and they didn't match up to the Caddy..While the car was in impound they planted some dope in my glovebox and tried to screw with me about it, I called up Mr. Oliver and he came down to the station and chewed them up and they basically left me alone after that...

5. phukinartie

phukinartie

If the valance is below the rim you are breaking the law. As a judge told me the law and common sense have NOTHING in common :D

6. Anderson

Anderson

Well I'm not anymore....

[​IMG]

and I completely agree with your judge!

7. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Haha, Eric's too short to drive!!! :D :D

8. Who you callin' a Idiot!

;)

9. draggler

draggler

I think he just had a hard on fer ye ! Maybe he just liked your shirt ,then was scared to ask for your # !

10. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

When profiling, which is against federal law, a cop has to notify you of why he pulled you over. For whatever reason he pulled you over, it wasn't legit, so he had to make up something.

The reason he didn't give you a ticket? Probably ain't no such law.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  11. Rusty

Rusty

Man and I was backing up when i left earlier wanting my truck to have that same stance.

Atleast you aint far from the court house. Driver on

Rusty

12. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I would love riding to work with you;)one day..I do not like chicken shit..

13. bigken

bigken

Fill Frank in real good, and let him bring it up at the next city council meeting. hehehehe I think he know's some of those guys.
    I'm gonna pull my baffles, and make a blast by the station, think they'd mind???? HEHEHEHE

14. I got pulled over a while back by a comal county fat ass sheriff for my suburban being too low and tint too dark. (he could barely get out of his car) I told him that I make my living lowering vehicles, besides striping. (job discrimination) I mentioned that I had diabetic neuropathy in my feet and legs and retinopathy in my eyes, thats why it is lowered and tinted. He looked at me like I was nuts. I said if I get too upset, it could be time for a Diabetic incident. He got off my case. Sometimes a real excuse works.

If you think the only are terrorists are in mid east, just say something to a cop that he don't like. Been there, live thru dat shit.

Mikey
    "I do Bad Things To Bad Co%#s..." never mind.

15. 69chevyshort

69chevyshort
    from dfw

All the cities in the DFW area have cops that pull this crap on lowered vehicles mainly hoping to find something else to give you a ticket. The last time I counted I had 47, yes 47 tickets in the dfw area ,and I probably wouldn't have received a single one of them if I wasn't in a lowered vehicle.

Especially in Sachse, a lowered vehicle sticks out like a sore thumb. Just do whatever it takes to get the guy off your back. Just my .02

GOOD LUCK

16. Anderson

Anderson

Well, technically the guy was right and it was illegal. He could have given me a ticket and I would have had no recourse, its on the books. Was it a BS reason to pull me over so he could maybe get me for expired license or insurance? You bet your ass. I show up for work about the same time the high school kids start showing up there (right across the street), so I wouldn't doubt he thought I could have been one of them too...other than he should know the truck by now. Most of those kids deserve what they get, but I wonder how many BS tickets he gets to write them because they don't know any better?

I corrected the "infraction" on the truck, so I guess they'll have to find something new.

If this is such an issue, or an issue at all, why did I pass state inspection like that for the last 2 years? I never once heard about this law when I was inspecting for a living.

17. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I would graciously go to the Chief of Police with an appointment and ask him how you could get past this "harassmant". He'll understand.

18. carkiller

carkiller

We had simular bs in the early 80s. Cops would pull me over for scrub line ,glass height no front plate. Most laws on the books got defunked with the imports of the 60s 70s. Headlite height glass height ect. Makes most import exotics illegal. Thus federal import law takes priority.

19. Brewton

Brewton

Now you can give him the famous Milner line: "Oh, it's regulation height...it's been checked several times - but, you could check it again if you would like"

20. Wheelie

Wheelie
    from Dallas

I have lived Texas mostly Plano area my whole life and I have never heard of nor been harassed about ride height and I have had many cars including daily drivers that are nearly dragging. Sounds like typical Sacshe/Wylie/Lavon/Allen and surrounding cops to me. If I were you and had bags I would drag ass down main street and leave the deepest gouges possible. Most likely he is jealous of your rides and he realizes he is a bitch behind a badge and is not worthy of hot rodderdom.

21. k9racer

k9racer

get 3 or 4 of your friends together and start a PAC or political action committee. just the thought of one scares the shit of of any elected officals and let them know you are a member of one and that you are having a problem. All of the are scared of loosing votes.. I know this works. they love donations. Only problem is if your man looses and goes out of office.. Also the law lybarys are open to the public. The local inspectors just wing it. I proved one wrong in court. Boy was he pissed..

22. Wheelie

Wheelie
    from Dallas

That sounds like some dukes of hazzard shit.

23. 53Heavy

53Heavy

I truly believe in the "pull-em over for a bogus offense" just to find something wrong. I got pulled over in the daily for supposedly doing 77 in a 60, in bumper to bumper work traffic mind you. I didn't have my insurance card with me at the time. He gives me a ticket for the insurance card and DOESN'T issue me a ticket for doing almost 80 in a 60! just warns me. Why on earth, IF I was going this fast, would he not give me ticket for it? ....Because it didn't happen and he knew it. This was a state trooper.

24. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

I know here in Pa. they had the bumper law back in the 70's . I got pulled over for the bumper on the rear of my 65 mustang being to high. Back then everyone had air shocks and will fill them all the way.
    The officer stated that the bumper had to be between ?and ? to be legal. I don't remmber the measurements any more.

I think it cost my $35.00 back then.

25. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

seriously? Is this just for trucks? I'm pretty sure there are several performance cars tht have lights lower than your truck.. wonder how they pass.

26. 53Heavy. Hard to figure him issuing a ticket for no ins. when all ya gotta do is go to the court and show them the ins. card and they throw it out. ????? We used to have to have pc to just stop a car. Cause if you went to court on a ticket issued from that stop the Judge would ask you why you stopped the car. Scrub line was used to check the people in the car. Not so much the car for violations. They are not taught that way in our law enforcement classes. IMHO they are flaunting their power. Always liked old cops better. They rather catch a real bad guy than kid are young person driving a different looking car. UNLESS THEIR BEING DUMB. $0.02 Have a talk with the chief are the patrol captian. If ya know a real cop in that town talk to him cause the bad guy is making life harder for the rest of the cops.

27. Everyone probably doesn't know where your name came from, I can still feel that cop's cold hands frisking me because SOMEONE was FIDGETING in the back seat!!

Sounds like you did the right thing.

No sense in causing drama where you have to work