Register now to get rid of these ads!

Feeler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Powerplant, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Feeling out if there is any interest here in what I am building. I have been posting my build on some of the "other" web boards. It's a 36 IH Cab & Grille on a chassis I built myself. I know most folks here are somewhat particular as to how things should be so to say. Keep in mind that it's not done yet. If this is something that doesn't belong here kindly let me know and I will keep it out.

I also threw in a couple pics of the bomber seats I have been turning out. I originally made a pair only for what I was building but had some people interested in them so I have whipped up a couple more and sold some in the meantime.

Attached Files:

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

gorgeous seat

3. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

Those seats are art! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!

4. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

Nice work! How about some tips on how you build those seats?

5. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

How about a pic of the seats in the 36?

6. cretin

cretin

I can't say I'm a fan of your truck, but those seats are great.

7. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

The truck itself is cool and looks great, but as the others have said...those seats are spectacular!

8. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Truck looks good, seats look good too. Have you ever ran out of clecos?

Lucky667

9. Thanks for the compliments.... I figured everyone would like to see the seats. If you look at the details in each pic you will see that I have kind of been going through a learning curve on each set I make. I recently turned out a bunch of dimple dies to flare all the holes which makes them look much better.

I may wait for a little more feedback on the truck before I post any more pics of it though.

10. Ha.... Nope... I have quite a few of them. Once I knew I was making more than just one pair of these I purchased more than enough to hold one seat together.

Here is where I get them...

http://www.cokid.com/standard.htm#

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, that seat is fantastic! That is some great work. Im sorry but the truck just isn't to my taste.
    Doc.

13. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Having some sheet-metal skills and the tools, you have inspired me. I'm going to go get some stock and a rivet supply and build a SEAT!

14. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Personally, I think your truck has potential. Like you stated, it isn't finished yet. The right tire and wheel combo and a smooth paint job and most people on this board would be all for it. The seats are stunning! I wish I had something to put those in. I'd buy a set from you. I just think they'd look funny in my big ol' truck, though. :D

15. Weasel

Weasel

Great metal fab. Those seats are - umm, er - what's the word I'm looking for? - aah yes, riveting....:D

16. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

Different is good, early IH trucks make good rods.
    Lets see some pics of the frame work.

17. Here are a couple

Attached Files:

18. Here ya go... I wish I had another one to throw in there but I am behind in building them... I have one started though and hope to be done before the weekend with it (drilling about 500 holes and filling them with rivets takes some time)

Attached Files:

19. Like the truck AND the seats! Nice!

20. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I like it, not sure them seats would be wide enough for my big ass, but I like it.

21. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

I LOVE the truck, the seats are awesome but being as I have no ass I need more cushion.

22. I may just do that in a tech article. I have never posted one so I will have to read up about how tech weeks works so I get it right.

They are not that tough to build, it's just that it takes forever to build one.

I will try to remember to shoot you a PM once I get it done.

23. I forgot the windshield frame I made from a $25 piece of rectangular tubing. I may have to do a tech article on this one down the road also as I have gotten some complements on this also.

Attached Files:

24. Complete the bodywork to the same level of the chassis and those seats, and you got yerself a really nice truck.

25. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

hell i dig and thanks for posting the frame pictures i like it seats are cool but man thats alotta drilling lol

26. I am sure many on here could use that info.

27. bikersteve

bikersteve

Nice truck, amazing seats!

28. rusty48

rusty48

I love that truck just like it is and would like to see more of it.

29. That's the problem... I have never been any good at body work. Mostly because I just plain don't know enough about it. Although it has come a long way from when I got it.

Attached Files: