Register now to get rid of these ads!

What your favorite drive in movie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Inline6, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Inline6

Inline6

What's your favorite drive in movie such as Rebel Without a Cause?

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

this thread might just last a little bit.

3. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

One of my childhood memories is sitting in the back of my dads '67 Nova wagon and watching "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" at a drive in. To this day that movie and that wagon hold a special place with me. When my dad retired from the Air Force, my mom convinced him to sell it. He never really got over that.

5. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

Well,,,,, when I went to the drive in, I got rite into the back seat. I guess I missed them all!!

6. I guess the one I was conceived at.

7. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

Hands down - Thunder Road

8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

9. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

The last movie I saw at the drive in was E.T. Still dig that movie.

10. BOHICA

BOHICA

Unfortunately, I've only been to one drive-in movie so far, but it was pretty cool getting to see Twister back in the day.

11. flatford39

flatford39

Don't know if it's my favorite but the last one I saw was "Altered States" with Bill Hurt. Still have thoughts about it today.

Believe me it is not about gas or fuel alteredes.

12. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

anything with Linda Lovelace

13. monsterflake

monsterflake

corpse grinders!

Attached Files:

14. Always remember loading up the car, my mom would pop a big batch of popcorn, we would pick up some pizza or a bucket of the colonel's chicken and head to the drive in...most of the time it was a James Bond flick or Matt Helm (my dad secretly wanted a license to kill).

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

We are fortunate to have a drive in right here in town. I roll in at least once a month. It is a real kick to take in the applause and compliments. Guess modern day movie goers don't see too many customs. Too bad the operator doesn't embrace the hobby.

16. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Night of the Living Dead...there we were, a hot summer night in Houston, high humidity, hot as hell, after five minutes of the show when the corpses started up after the girl, all you could hear was window winders and door locks clicking.
    A Pic mosquito burner isn't so bad when the windows are closed as you might think!

17. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

We had a drive in in my hometown when I was a kid, and I got to see Smokey & the Bandit at the drive in. How cool!

18. ron kramer

ron kramer
    from penna.

We had three drive-ins in our county when I first got my license, now we have none:(. They would have 'all nighters', dusk to dawn movies on holliday weekends. Grab some coolers, grab some girls and go see favorite 'B' flicks like Two Lane Blacktop, Corvette Summer, Vanishing Point, anything with cool cars and hot chicks! Now kids have the DVDs in there cars and amped tunes everyone in town can hear:eek:.

19. carkiller

carkiller

In the early/mid 80s we had rod night once a summer. Your rod/custom got in free, would be rod flicks. My favorite drive in movie FLESh GORDEN or debbie does dallas

20. brewsir

brewsir

Heavy Metal ...but I was usually gettin drunk or laid or both...so who saw the movies?

21. WILLY O

WILLY O

The double feature of The Van & Malibu Beach where the dog kept stealing the bikni tops off the girls that where laying out on the sand. They would always get up and chase after the dog with their ta tas a flopping! Fun times!

22. bear39

bear39

They show movies at those things????????????????????

23. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

broke back mountian

24. John B

John B

I've seen Thunder Road, American Graffiti and Christine at the drive in, all in the last few years to. Hopefully this year we'll show Hollywood Knights.

I go to the the Drive -In a dozen or so times a summer. Of course one of the guys in our club owns the place so that helps quite a bit.

25. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Debbie does dallas

26. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

pretty lame but not a lot of (if any?) drive ins around here in oregon-at least none in the portland area. i remember there was one and i went to it with my parents when i was a kid but it's been probably 15 years since then and i know it's not around anymore.

i wish like hell there were still a drive in around here.

27. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

Attached Files:

28. Zeke

Zeke

I remember watching the 70's T&A movies out the back window of my dad's 63 Fairlane at the twin drive in in Springfield Il while everyone else was watching the Shaggy DA. I was happy to see that the 66 in Springfield was still open last time I was up there.

29. thesupersized

thesupersized

The Running Man!....how does this have anything to do with hotrods and kustoms?

30. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Watched american graffitti and two lane blacktop at the drivein when they first came out. At the Dix drive in, Bordentown N.J.