Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pinstriping event info please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by builderal, Jan 9, 2009.

1. builderal

builderal

I love to watch pinstripers in action at Hot Rod shows however it is really hard if not impossible to get information on Pinstriping Panel jams or even just finding out if any given show is going to include an area for pinstripers. I know that the San Francisco Rod and Custom show, the Grand National Roadster show in Pomona and the Sacramento Autorama all had panel jams and pinstriping areas last year. I have asked around and been directed to the Pinhead Lounge website and other sites but I can't find any solid up to date information about Pinstriping events. I collect pinstriping panels and have met some of the old and new masters so I realize these folks are pretty laid back and even the larger Hot Rod Shows are pretty loosely organized but these guys must have some way of communicating with each other otherwise they wouldn't know where to show up. Does anyone know if there is an up to date calandar of pinstriping events, or even if there will be Panel jams at the three shows I mentioned above. I feel like I am missing out on some secret message board. Thanks a lot for any help you can give me.

2. patzfab

patzfab
    from Canada

3. Renae

Renae

I know that at the pomona show (Grand National Roadster show) that they will be doing the aution again with all proceeds going to charity. that will be on sat the action starts at 2pm I believe I can find out more info for you....let me know and I can let you know who will be there too.

4. Renae

Renae

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014

5. builderal

builderal

Thanks for the help....I just lost my chance to go to the show...obligations to the wife got in the way. Al

6. skidsteer

skidsteer

You're a newbie, but if you are a dedicated rodder, someday you might get to the Jalopy Showdown. (I made an effort to get to Pleasanton a few years back, so it's not out of the question.) At least one pinstriper was at work there last year.

7. GEET

GEET

keep an eye on this site.... updates often

http://www.letterville.com/events/

Strongly recomend Fred's Meet in OKC
    for anyone that want's to learn.

check out the past event page also....

http://www.letterville.com/meets/

Look-up "brush bash" on google...
    example is in Glendale/Phoenix
    Butchr's (the godfather of pinstriping)
    Brush Bash.

Don't be afraid to call a pinstriper for more info.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009