Register now to get rid of these ads!

Al Sharp passing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mr.midnite, Aug 18, 2004.

1. mr.midnite

mr.midnite

I was told Al Sharp passed away this earlier this week. A true legend in the hotrod community

2. 52phantom

52phantom
    from socal

One of the HAMBERs is his grandson, Sorry for your loss,are best is with you.

3. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

i would say so , he and moony developed and sold the first hemi aluminium heads also, ,what a guy
    Al Sharp
    Innovator, businessman, WWII Vet,, machinist, pattern maker, a guy who loves to make things that make you go faster. Like many other pioneers he had his hand in a lot of different things.

Aside from the flathead equipment, he built parts for just about every motor that came down the strip. His manifolds and valve covers graced the mills of the famous Hurst Hairy Olds twin engine car and he helped Craig Breedlove with the Spirit of America record setting run. He and Gene Mooningham built and sold some of the first aluminum heads for the Chrysler Hemi.

Attached Files:

4. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

Bummer, sorry to hear this. May he rest in peace.

5. A friend of mine has a pair of Hemi valve covers that say Mooneyham on the inside. When he asked Gene Mooneyham about them he was told that Al Sharp made the pattern and they made several sets when the Breedlove streamliner was being put together. The patterns ended up with a certain speed equipment manufacturer and are know today as Moon hemi valve covers....

Always wanted to talk to Al Sharp and confirm that story, guess I waited too long.............

6. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

http://www.oilstick.com/rparks/obit/index.htm

this site posts the old racers and hottrodders illnesses and deaths,always current to date, wouldnt hurt to email some good wishes to others listed as ill an nobody remebers them

a good site to bookmark