Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your to big for the car you love ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ragtop49, Jan 8, 2009.

1. You ever go look for your dream car and find out Mom had you and now your over size ! Vertically challenged !Horizontally challenged! Dame, these cars are made for midgets .There should be a sign next to the car you have to be 48" or less to board this ride ..Lets here your stories of woe.

2. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

do some push ups and dont eat so much cake. It is a small price to pay to drive something other than a Cadillac.

3. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

I stick out of my deuce roadster like an Ed Roth character.

4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

At 5'9 and 175, I fit in everything! And look good doing it too! :eek: :D

My buddy is 6'3 and tried to sit in a Miata... that was pretty funny. More like ON it than IN it.

A real 427 Cobra fits me pretty good, I think...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009

5. I'm 240lbs 6'2 and one night i was DD'ing for a buddy and couldent physically drive his honda 2000 home.... and my daily has different seats in it for this reason.....

6. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

HA - I'm 6'3", 200. I drove a Miata for about 5 years, to 215,000 miles. Great daily driver, very reliable, convertible, with a hardtop for winter. Was a great car, and the chicks loved it. :) I modified the seats to be lower.

I tried to buy a CJ5 once, couldn't fit well. Bought a Wrangler.
    I tried to buy an MG Midget, same thing. Bought a "B". More room.

Exercise don't make you shorter. :)
    Pete

7. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I've got the opposite problem as I'm about 5' 3" and 113. When I made seat stands for my '64 Mercury I made sure to make them high enough so I could see the end of the hood. :D Two of my former girlfriends were like 5' 9" / 5' 10". The last one really hated riding in my little daily driver pickup with the bench seat as her knees were in her armpits the whole time. Maybe I should a build a modified.

8. Abomination

Abomination

Only a matter of time before Notebooms chimes in. :D

~Jason

9. Mopar34

Mopar34

I'm 6'1", and 260 lbs (currently trying to get slimmer:D). I can fit in to my 34 Plymouth 2 door sedan nicely even with the 4" chopped lid and raised floor, but it helps to have seats that lounge and no rear passengers. Just enough room side to side when riding with my wife to be comfortable, but our elbows do touch occasionally. But I don't see me getting rid of it because of it's dimensions. I love those body styles too much.

Early 30's cars were not designed for us biggies. I guess all of the biggies back then rode in the rear seat of chauffered 4 doors. I suspect that many of the 2 door sedans were rarely sold to family types.

In my younger, smaller days (19 years old, 200 lbs) I drove a Bugeye Sprite to work everyday. I know it would be a tough fit these days but I sure would like to have one.

10. I am 6'6", and 270 lbs.

I drove almost an hour with money to buy a '58 T-Bird several years back...those of you that have had a square 'bird can do the math on that one...

I barely fit in my '60 F-100...but I plan to ditch the seat track to drop that a few inches for comfort...

My '56 T-Bird is better than a yoga class, I did move the seat back 4-5" which helped...smaller steering wheel on the way...

I would love a Model "A" roadster, but damn are they little in there...

11. And trust me...

Coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, and herbs:eek: don't stunt your growth...when I hit 6'4" I tried everything I could...

even grew another 1/2" after I started college...:eek:

12. lowdynamo

lowdynamo
    from rio rancho

I'm glad somebody else fits the catagory with me! I'm also 5'3" and just to drive my 6'2" 270lb brother crazy i like to throw him in the olds with me and ya know have the bench pushed all the way up so i can reach the pedals. Muahahahahaha teach him to beat the shit outta me when we were kids!

13. BigChief

BigChief

At 6'2 and well carried 325# I feel your pain. I'm gonna be fine in my '48 Tudor sedan but we're already looking at dropped seat pans, toe boxes, low seat tracks and a headliner thats tucked right up against the roof of the '29 A coupe my dad and are building. When I was thin my shoulders were still quite broad so even when I do loose weight this year its gonna be a tight fit.

-Bigchief.

14. BBobb

BBobb

Hell i am only 5.7 and at 190lbs and getting in and out of my Model is like pulling teeth.And when i drive down the road i have my left knee under my chin But oh well it's a panty dropper and all the and the tatooed chicks love it....I can live with it

[​IMG]

15. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Reminds me of a guy local with a primer 57 'birt he's well over 6 foot but i hear he did some chopping on the car just to fit in it

16. Im six foot 280lbs and tryin to drop it,I grew 5 inches after I was 21,that being said I am taking all that into the build of the Piewagon so I dont build a car and not fit..hopefully by then I should be about 220lbs

17. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

18. LongT

LongT

Well I'm 6'4" and 255. I fit in my T-bucket fine but it has an 8" longer body. Would love a 29 Model A closed cab. Sat in one, I THINK that I could drive it OK. Sat in a Lamborghini once. Couldn't get my leg passed the steering wheel/console to get to the pedals. The driver said he had to take his shoes off.

Bill

19. during the mock-up of the bucket I knew I was in trouble finding the right seats

[​IMG]

20. years ago when I 1st got into car audio I did alot of basketball players stereos!,one of which was Kevin Duckworth from the trailblazers...he got in my model A coupe and got stuck solid we had to remove the steering wheel to get him back out,everybody involved was laughin their asses off

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  21. SARGE

SARGE

A picture is worth a thousand words..I love T- buckets buuuttttt!!!!:(

[​IMG]

22. Reminds me of a girl I knew in high school...:p:D:rolleyes:

LOL

23. I wont be chopping my 29 Chevy coach much,and the seat will be mounted quite far back. I'm 6'2",280lbs. A friend of mine sat in another friends Super Comp dragster,one afternoon,but couldn't get out,he's 6'4",275lbs. We had an electric overhead crane lifting him with a sling,had the whole car in the air!:D Yes there were some "refreshments" involved before this happened. Nothing like a bunch of inebriated fat guys trying to perform this rescue mission while laughing our asses off.:D

24. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

I am six foot and let&#8217;s just say I am not a small guy, for those who know me you know how funny that really is. I made sure that when I built my channeled A roadster that I could fit into it. I barely fit in it but I fit. I had the cab stretched 4&#8221; to give more room. I virtually sit on the floor to get my head below the chopped windshield. If you are too big for your dream car, build a bigger version of your dream car. But sometimes it is easier to loose the weight but not as much fun. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

25. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

I'm 6' and 230 and unfortunately I'm kind of relegated to cars newer than 1940. Even my buddies' 40 ford is a little tight to fit in-I'm hunched over when driving it, bit it's worth the next days' back pain:rolleyes:. I felt like I looked like Shaq when I test drove a cobra I was working on a while back. And I'm not fat-I'm just gravitationally challenged:eek:.

Jay

26. Here's a picture of a fat guy standing next to a black car,,,might be me.

27. jfbrink

jfbrink
    from Venice, CA

I fall on the "too little" side: 5'9" (ok, average), 105lbs. (oops, tiny).

Put me in a '50 shoebox & I look like a dirty Q-tip behind the wheel. I was even completely lost in my "compact" '59 Lark.

But, put me & my small wife in a Metropolitan & it looks like we're full-sized folks in a full-sized Nash.

The scale thing keeps me mostly in vintage imports. *Anyone* looks big in a '63 Datsun 320 Pickup, *and* I can carry the engine across the yard.

J.

28. jdubbya

jdubbya

I am 6'-2" and the ideal weight for a person 11'-7", I have always found that it is best to try the cars on first.

29. wayfarer

wayfarer

I'm 6'1" and don't have any trouble fitting in our domestic cars, as they are all '50s rides, but I have a hell of a time in my wife's '64 beetle. I can barely get my feet on the clutch and brake pedals at the same time and everytime I push in the clutch, I turn on the brights. I've recently dropped 45 lbs, but when I was younger you should have seen the time my two friends and I took out my buddy's '37 chevy pickup. Imagine three guys, two 6'1" 220 lbs and one 6'7", 270 lbs in the cab of a 30's truck. Lucky me, I got to ride in the middle with the shifter behind my knee.

30. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I'm 5'9 160 lbs and I fit fine in my Essex. Unfortunately my long legs do not. With the firewall set back the way it was when it was built I have great difficulty being comfortable driving it. Within an hour behind the wheel I am in intense pain. :(
    I plan to replace the slant-6 with some kind of V8 asap so I can move the firewall back to the stock location.