Register now to get rid of these ads!

bead blasting interior

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crackernutz, Jan 8, 2009.

1. crackernutz

crackernutz
    from tx

Anyone have an tips on bead blasting interior floors? I've never used one and looking for some insight. When i get the floor fixed and rust free and hole-less, i was thinking of using a spray on liner to finish it off.

2. crackernutz

crackernutz
    from tx

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Duct tape every seem on your clothing!!! You will find media in holes you never knew you had! I would maybe consider a different type of media than glass bead as well. That is probably not going to cut as well as you would like. Old steel needs something with more bite to get all the rust. I ended up just having someone do mine and it was welllllll worth it!

4. crackernutz

crackernutz
    from tx

I expect to have it all over me and the front yard by the time i'm finished. what about coating with spray in bed liner?

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get the rust off first or you'll just make your problem worse. If you're worried about it coming back, use something to seal it right away. Maybe paint it or just spray it down with Gibbs. That will do the trick.

6. crackernutz

crackernutz
    from tx

yeah i'm going to bed blast the hell out of it. putting in some patches. then going to coat it with spray in bedliner

7. Reverand Greg

Reverand Greg

Bed liner works well,I have it in A modern car just mask off every thing you dont want covered forever

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool. Gotcha'. Thought you meant just over the rust as a prohibiter. Let me know what you do though. Mine is clean and the panels are in, but there are parts that will need a coating like this as well. Was actually thinking of using a POR15 product and then my sound deadening/insulation type stuff over that.

Keep us posted.

9. crackernutz

crackernutz
    from tx

will do ill post some pics this weekend.