Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ANYONE Running One Of The NEW SO-CAL Four-Spoke BANJO Steering Wheels???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jan 8, 2009.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

I saw one of them when I was in Scottsdale at the So-Cal shop and liked it, but I wasn't looking at it closely for quality at the time. Does anyone have one? Do you like it? For almost $400 it's a big leap to make without holding one in my hands.

[​IMG]

2. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

Hey KIRK! what's the diameter of the wheel and I'm wondering if it is early steering shaft compatable? I would hate to see it on a gm tilt:mad:.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Here's their description:

SO-CAL 4-Spoke Banjo Steering Wheel

Patterned after those classic banjo wheel, SO-CAL?s new 4-spoke banjo is 16 inches in diameter. It features stainless spokes, chrome dividers, a cast plastic rim that is black but easily paintable and a hub, machined in-house, to adapt to any 3-bolt style column. It?s a great piece that comes complete with the hub and a non-functioning, chrome horn button. The horn button shown in the picture is not incluced, but available on the site.

4. Gerr

Gerr
    from The Shore

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

6. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I guess what they mean is it will fit old-style Grant wheel to shaft adapters, huh?
    Who writes that shit!?
    Copywriting for hotrodders should get in there and say what it is, what is fits and what it costs, not babble about copying the Classics and other such nonsense. JEEEZZZZZZZZZ!

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

Ha ha. That's what I thought too. Yeah, it sounds like it's the standard Grant-style mount.

10. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Hey Kirk,
    I have a buddy running one on his 29 RPU. It is connected to a small "off road quick disconnect" splined collar neck.
    He seems to love it just fine. It was pretty solid when I drove it with no flex.
    I have cosidered one for my 34 but they are a tad pricey.

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

That's just what I was wondering - how much they flex.

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I'm sure it will be fine. I don't notice any flex in my 15" Juliano's '39 banjo wheel. It was stupid expensive (I had mine painted) but it was worth every penny.

13. Roupe

Roupe

I also have one of the Juliano wheels and they are the best I have ever seen. I bought mine unpolished ready for paint, which is a satin black. I left it unpainted, it looks a little more vintage that way . There not cheap but very high quality.