Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chicago World of Wheels!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Onelow34, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Onelow34

Onelow34

Just wondering who all is going to the world of wheels in chicago in a few weeks? My wife and I are driving from Iowa and hope to have a good time the 4th year in a row. Let me know guys!

2. gotmark73

gotmark73

I am so excited that the WoW in Chicago will be more than "How much can I spend on billet" or look at my POS Escalade on 72" rims. I can't wait, my wife, kids and I are going. Trying to decide Sat evening or Sun daytime.

Mark

3. For the first time In years WOW looks to be a killer show, thanks in part to Kevin aka 'HotRodChassis" on here. The whole '62 rod and custom show idea should be kick ass! I'mgoing either friday night or suturday afternoon.

4. bluestang67

bluestang67

I'll be there on Sunday morning . Just like to look at customs and rods not the music thumpers .

5. The '62 Autorama Rod & Custom show and the Chicago Brushmasters 2nd Annual Charity Art Auction will really bring a specialness to this years Chicago WoW!

There's alot of hardwork and preparation being thrown at this event. Should be a "stone blast" and HAMB friendly.

But, I will say that the success and fun will only be guaranteed if everyone comes out and supports it.

I know we'll have a HAMB "Meet & Greet" sometime there.

Joel

6. mac miller

mac miller
    from INDY

The 1960s style, "rod and custom" displays, started a few years back by Tom Culbertson here in INDY, have spread to almost all of the midwestern World of Wheels shows and is, certainly, the fastest growing and most popular element of these shows.
    Last year, we turned down a feature spot in the "main hall" so that we could be part of the, way more interesting and fun, Culbertson "Motorama '62" display.

Attached Files:

• #98.jpg
      #98.jpg
      File size:
      90.4 KB
      Views:
  7. nickeynova

nickeynova
    from texas.

i will be going on sunday. have to work on saturday. i haven't been there in quite a few years. one can only look at the same huge rims, n the same caprice........... :mad: but from the posts on here about the guys makin it the way it was. i'll be there.:cool:

8. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

So does that mean that we will have a chance to see you in Chicago?

B:DB

9. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

My Son and I will be there all day Saturday.

B:)B

10. Plowboy

Plowboy

I think I am going to go up and visit my unit.

11. maybe they will let you touch your unit and remember how good it was when your right hand was its guide..

12. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I thought you were broke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    B:confused:B

13. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

il be there not sure what day, i would like to see plowboys unit up close ,maybe not haha

14. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Hopefully, your unit will have proper signage close by. Look's like there will be a lot of units being displayed. Are you actually allowed to brag about your unit on the internet?.

Have a safe trip to the city.

15. jonnycola

jonnycola

What's a fella gotta do to visit your unit?

I'll be there with my roadster all weekend I think.

16. Plowboy

Plowboy

I am, but they'll give me a free room! ha ha ha

Now I just have to figure out how many hand jobs I have to perform for beer money...it might just be easier to go up and sell some T-shirts though. ha ha ha

Johnny, I will show you my unit any time!

There is a sign describing my unit in full so it won't be confused with any of the other units.

...and paperdog, I'm a lefty!

17. There is no doubt that the Indy "Motorama '62" is the inspiration for the event at the Chicago WoW. The fact that they're trying to replicate a small part of the specialness of Chicago's first indoor Rod & Custom carshow will be worth the price of admission.

I can't wait to see you and take your picture so I have proof of your continued existence. I'm gonna introduce you to the legendary Art Dexter too. I believe you two are "separated at birth" twins! :D:p;)

Wow, it's amazing how a thread about a carshow can degenerate into idolizing Plowboy's "unit"! Ah, the power of the HAMB! Maybe Plowboy can donate a "HJ" to the charity auction, should raise a few bucks...:D:p;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing all youse guys there...

Joel

18. Onelow34

Onelow34

Anyone know of any good bars downtown? or maybe a hotrod shop?

19. Clutched

Clutched

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Well, we have a shop, but we will be at the show all weekend! :D

The One Night Standards and the After Darks are playing Friday night. Hot Rod Hucksters and the Crown Vics are playing Saturday afternoon.

21. dubbie

dubbie

me and my brother are debating making the trip again....

22. wkendcardude

wkendcardude

23. lefty ?

that proves it another right brainer fo sure!:eek:

24. Onelow34

Onelow34

25. My car was there in "62.I'll be going but the car just isn't ready to show yet.Anybody local (NW side Chicago) looking to trade work for heated work space?;):D

Attached Files:

26. valkokir

valkokir
    from DeKalb, IL

27. valkokir

valkokir
    from DeKalb, IL

As in, you'll work on my stuff for free as long as the space is heated? :)

28. I have a 60 x 25 heated garage.I have space available here if someone needs to work on their car and I would be willing to help someone out if they can help me.;)Not trying to jack the thread or anything.

29. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

i'll be there most of saturday. Chad, make sure to holler if you need any extra hands. i'm doin what i can to get more cars.

30. Does that mean we are going to see you in Indy?

I still have an oil can for you