Register now to get rid of these ads!

NE Ohio HAMBERS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Jan 3, 2009.

1. <TABLE id=68647 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#d2d2d2 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ededed><TD class=textdisplay vAlign=top width="45%" bgColor=#acacac>Gene Adamic from Mentor, Ohio USA </TD><TD class=textdisplay vAlign=top width="45%" bgColor=#acacac>2007 - Category: BRACKET, Type: IN, Class: Bracket, Div: 3</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#c8c8c8><TD class=textdisplay vAlign=top>"Gene Adamic" Owned by Gene Adamic from Mentor, Ohio USA </TD><TD class=textdisplay vAlign=top>Crew Chief: Paul Wachhaus</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dcdcdc><TD class=textdisplay colSpan=3>'75 Plymouth Duster by Bill Vitez | Powered by a 426 cubic inch Plymouth by Gellner Engineering with automatic transmission </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[​IMG]

2. uponone

uponone

thanks Don....buying what i can when i can....i have just move3d down from toronto and therefore am starting to build the tool collection from scratch...which really sucks...my uncle in law has given me a couple of things but i am seriously lacking everything....

3. FatFndr

FatFndr

For cruising in the summertime, check the Cruisin' Times magazine ( on the web at http://www.cruisintimes.org/ ) or Big Al's List (also on the web at http://geocities.com/motorcity/show/1111/ ) You'll be AMAZED at all the car shows, swap meets and places to cruise there are. On any given day/evening (including Sunday) you have your pick of 4-5 events if you're willing to drive no more than an hour.

4. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

Columbus here, wait for it to quit snowing. I'm down for HAMB and Eggs, if my comet will take a couple hours on the freeway without vibrating into a pile of hardware.

5. 9SECONDYENKO

9SECONDYENKO
    from usa

I knew Ron Ward for many years he worked with my dad at the gm plant in parma.Man that 57 was bad ass when I was a little kid,after Ron sold the car it was turned into a ihra super stock car.

6. Wildwood

Wildwood
    from NE Ohio

Another Youngstown-area native here. We are fortunate to have many talented car builders in this area as well as many resources such as Snyder's Antique auto parts, Kenny's Rod and Kustom, JPL, and Summit Racing all within close driving distance.

7. Gasser57

Gasser57

Dyce51- Yeah, that was the car, dark green flake and just sick!
    Little John's Henry J was a local icon. Everyone loved that car. I wanted to build one like it from a black Henry J sitting in front of Nordonia Motors for sale with an alligator skin interior. My dad wouldn't let me. And now that someone described Coldwar's Gremlin....yeah, I remember the moon discs, it was neat.
    Anyone remember the 2 a.m. races at 55th onramp to 490, or the W. 65th offramp races in the 90's? I'm a little too young for Manners, too.

8. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Damn that was a long drive by myself.

9. I guess only us old farts would know that the Northfield Rd bridge over Broadway in Bedford is 1/4 mile long. Hmm I wonder what went on there.

10. gassman57

gassman57

Hot Rod City meet and greet:

Any bids on the day and time; hows something like Saturday, Jan.17th?

Just trying to get it happening...

11. A friend of mine got a '62 Dodge Polara 500 out of the building of Nordonia Motors about 3 or 4 years ago. It had been there inside for 20 years. It has a 361 in it but I am trying to talk him into finding a 413.

12. Al Von

Al Von

Hey from the small town of Smithville! At least two of us here!

Hey Ace, was your avatar pic taken out behind the Garage Bar? That's the view I remember!

13. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

No good Saturday the 17th, big Arizona car auctions on that weekend!!!!

How about January 31st instead? I'll call and make sure they will be open and don't have any events planned. Daytime or evening?

14. Gasser57

Gasser57

Heh, heh, I've only heard the stories, but did get pulled over for racing against a Roadrunner by Doggie Dinner in 86. Two Bedford cops stopped and stripped my 57 on the bridge, ticketed me, and left me to put all my stuff back in the car. We usually raced on Chamberlin Rd. in Twinsburg by the Chrysler plant. Bedford was too dangerous.

15. wvenfield

wvenfield

Silhouettes 57 PMed me on some dates. I'm not sure if maybe he was getting something together.

16. gassman57

gassman57

Either is fine with me...

17. c57heaven

c57heaven

He's got it right. Cruisintimes is the bible for events up here.
    From Seven Hills here with a 55 sedan and building a black 57 vert. Cruise nearly every day in summer. Sunday southwest cafe, Monday QuakerSteak in Valley view, tuesday Solon, Thursday grace Church, Friday Mr. Mike's, saturday Mavis Winkles or Brunswick.
    throw in one that isn't a regular stop at anytime. Hoping to make the Dragway 42 event this year too.

18. c57heaven

c57heaven

Didn't hear that about Rock n Race! Hope the buzz is wrong. Car Kulture show is another must attend event in Lakewood. If we only had a longer cruising season! Indoor shows are a good warmup. Autorama and Choppers get the juices flowing again.

Danny; don't forget about a swap meet close to you in Feb. Here's the verbiage off BigAlsList.

Feb 22 Pat O&#8217;Brien Chevrolet Swap Meet by the Northern Ohio Classic Chevy Club in Willoughby Hills, Ohio<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    $ 4 admission: 2810 Bishop Rd / [Bishop Rd. exit on St. Rt. 90] Refreshments provided by the Boy Scouts<o:p></o:p>
    8 to 2

19. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I heard the same thing about the 42 show. Bummer if it is.

20. havent heard about dragway 42 ?
    do they still close Mayfield Road down for that cruise night?

21. Any body got an old radio commercial from dragway 42 ? SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY with that frankenstien song in the background?

22. milorat

milorat
    BANNED

And the beaches are the best.Or is that bitches!

23. c57heaven

c57heaven

Yes they do still have the event at Mayfield.
    Here's a link with pics...

http://www.mayfieldvillage.com/cruise2008.html

24. 61falcon

61falcon

yes, mayfield village still does the cruise where they shut down the road for cruising only.

25. 61falcon

61falcon

so thats why bedford pd is always sitting at the end of the bridge running radar :rolleyes:

26. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

coldwar, i heard the same thing about rock-n-race. i only got to go one day last year and it was still a good time. usually that weekend im at the AMCA meet in Wauseon.

would be a bummer if its no go , i was planing on stayn the whole week end up there.

27. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

Tell me I am not crazy and it was ELO "Fire on high"

28. vwhammer

vwhammer

I am in Athens which is damn close to Nelsonville unless there is another Nelsonville in Ohio.

Sadly all I have by way of cars is a bunch of crap no one on here wants to see.
    However I run with a crew of guys in Zanesville, which is about an hour northwest of here, that have some pretty cool older rides.
    Not quite hot rod old or all that traditional but nice old trucks mostly.

29. Your right ! Im sorry, your not crazy- - too many paint fumes for me I guess, hahah
    So how about a clip of them commercials ?