Register now to get rid of these ads!

lets see cool shop or automotive clocks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spinzzy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I will try to add some tonight. Do you guys want to add Thermometers to this as well? What do you think Spinzzy, its your thread?

2. a couple more...

[​IMG]

3. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Cool stuff 33Tudor. Does this bubble have white neon back lighting the face? Hard to tell as the inner ring of the bubble doesn't appear lit.

4. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

FWIW - Hey Chris, if/when you're at those flea markets and swap meets - take a peek at those JUNK clocks. Alot of the times you can find that even the "turd clocks" used Synchron movements. With some luck you can get yours running again. Also see if there are any colectors in your area - you might find one with a stash of old parts - alot of the high end guys will pitch parts athat are less than perfect - maybe you could luck out and get some of the other parts you need cheap.

http://www.hansen-motor.com/typeC-movement.php

Chris here's a pic of the movement you may want to be on the look out for.

Attached Files:

5. eye bone

eye bone

When I picked up the 49 Ford Club Coupe in 1989. It had spent most of its life out in the sun in the southwest, mostly Arizona. So most of the rubber was hard, and cracked, & the plastic, and wiring insulation, was powder. Including the stock hands on the dash clock. They had just disintegrated.

So the first Kustom touch I did on the car before anything else was to make these new hands for the clock. It doesn’t work, and I don’t care if it ever dose. To finish it off I will eventually put a convex clock glass on it like I did the Speedo.

Incidentally the second kustom thing I did was to very, very carefully bend & paint the stock pointer on the Speedo to mach. If I ever sell the car, I’m keeping them!

[​IMG]

6. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

My HAMB calendar from a couple of years back....

[​IMG]

7. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  8. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Haha, that's 'cause you have them all! Great collection!!

9. spinzzy

spinzzy
    from indy

Roadkillontheweb those are way cool!!!!!!

10. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

If I remember correctly they are just clocks. They were made to look a lot like the speedometer that was mounted on the other side of the dash. The odometer area used for the buick letters and the trip meter area for the fast and slow adjustment.

My brother in law had a Buick ragtop back in the 80s

11. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Every so often some dumbass on Ebay will be selling a steering wheel clock and will hotlink to one of my images on my website rather than use their own. When they do that I can change the images in their auction and this is what I post in the auction!

It is my daughters princess alarm clock taped to the steering wheel of my old Plymouth UTE.

They tend to contact me for permission real quick or stop the auction! If I do not think they have a clock and are running a scam they get something a little less appropriate in the auction. Granted it does not happen as much since ebay started image hosting

Attached Files:

12. Searcher

Searcher

13. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Thanks. Yes it does, and it works perfect. It's our office night light at the shop. We turn the neon on when we leave in the evening and off in the morning when we open.

14. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I don't think it is a guage, I think it is to set the clock ahead or back when it is not keeping the correct time.

B:)B

15. here's a car clock a friend gave me still new in the box and has fabric over the wires.....

Attached Files:

16. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Not the best pic of the clock, but it's what I have on my computer....good old neon clock..
    [​IMG]

17. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

This is the cheapo clock that you got for free when renewing you HOT ROD subscription last year. This clock and others of the same diminsion fit perfectly when pressed into the early 60's Ford air cleaner housings. Other Ford air cleaner housings too probably, like Mustang maybe?

Attached Files:

18. 5window

5window

But why mess up a nice air cleaner? :)

19. beatcad

beatcad

the clock in the garage, and some in the house.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

for christmas a buddy gave me a little ceramic 32 ford grill shell clock. I think it was made or designed by vern tardel. Had his name on the back anyway. It's not old, but I still thought it was pretty cool.
    Justin
    [​IMG]

21. deuces2

deuces2
    from S.IL.

Lots of cool clocks and stories,I picked this up at a swap meet for 5$ the guy says it lites up but the clock wont work, sure enuf the clock needed pin light batteries
    [​IMG]
    one of my favorite thermometers
    [​IMG]

22. Big Pauly

Big Pauly

Here is the one of the Desotos used in the movie. It still had the camera mounts when we went and picked it up for my buddy Mike, plus it came with a video of the movie. The desoto Hemi was out and it had been replaced with a 4bbl 331.

[​IMG]

23. Rat Rod Roach

Rat Rod Roach
    from Aurora CO.

I dont look at it anymore.......I dont get anything done,
    it moves to fast.:D

Attached Files:

24. WQ59B

WQ59B

My trusty General Electric :

[​IMG]

Used to hang in the back of the local model/hobby shop in a tiny local town- back when cruisin' around in the wee hours- when we wanted to check the time (too poor for wristwatches?, pre-cell-phone, vintage dash clocks always on the fritz), we rolled slow past Twin Pines Hobby shop where this sweetie was always washing the store in a flood of red.
    The little red cousin hums but doesn't currently turn.

This one a buddy got from an old garage, I've had it about 16 years now. Sticker on the back says the patent is from 1956. IIRC, there was a plastic lense over the clock. It lights, and the top triangular bar rotates slowly- or it's supposed to. It needs some work- anyone interested- I'm ready to part with it:

[​IMG]

25. No wonder that you have made over 900 posts, but its a nice watch
    Lars

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  26. metalman

metalman

Damn this thread, I had to go buy this Venall neon clock today. It's in much better shape then I though once I got it home. Clock runs fine, the neon tubes are intact but the transformer is shot. I'll wire in a new transformer Monday and see if the neon is still charged. Maybe I'll get lucky. The Venall decal is peeling preety bad, so I'll probably put so other logo on it. No tags on who made it, is it a Champion?
    IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    The Valley Forge clock is one I rescued from the dumpster at a shop I worked at years ago, hung there forever, the were repainting the place and piched it since the didn't sell Valley Forge products any more.
    IMG_1307.jpg

27. spinzzy

spinzzy
    from indy

thermometers are welcome to the thread 29sedanman that would be a great addtion good idea!

28. spinzzy

spinzzy
    from indy

here's a cool one I have sitting around

Attached Files:

• 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      126.3 KB
      Views:
  29. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Metalman - that Veedol clock is a "Cleveland Clock" that we were discussing earlier made by the Electric Neon Clock Company of Cleveland Ohio - hence the "Cleveland" name. Yours - if I am seeing the picture correctly is a FLAT BUBBLE.

At first blush - I was assuming that the Veedol Sticker (decal) was applied later, but I'm not positive of that. Normally the Cleveland Clocks used their "trademark" clock hands - but you clock has what most "regular" Ad clocks have - makes it easier to see the logo. I would venture a guess that IF the decal is placed OVER the Cleveland decal then it was indeed added at some later point in it's life - however IF the origional decal is still visible then there's a chance that it was Origionally Manufactured that way. No matter what - it's a KILLER CLOCK - enjoy the heck out of it!!!!!!

EDIT: at second glance I see that teh Veedol decal is higher than I origionally thought - making it NOT occupying the space that the Cleveland serial decal normally is placed. SO I guess that means it's anyones guess whether or not it "should" be there. Either way I wouldn't sweat it. The peeling just makes it look like added patina. Can you see if the face is faded - inanotherwords - is the face brighter or whiter where the decal has flaked off??

30. willys1330

willys1330

3 large gallery clocks. The First clock is Big! 38 inches in diameter.

Attached Files: