Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Modified Murray - an update, but only a teaser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Damn, all I accomplished over the holidays is driving the newly acquired '65 Riviera and punishing the old liver. Stupid liver, just won't die. Good work my friend.

2. DogTownKustoms

DogTownKustoms

looks really good man, keep us posted.

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words! Watching your builds has been a HUGE influence for me. Especially your bracketry and welding. You and Jimmy and my buddy Jack have REALLY made me eager to learn how to TIG. There is a Syncrowave 200 here and once I get a bottle for it I will be giving myself a crash course. And YES! I can't wait to drive that Hemi!

I will absolutely keep you posted on that! I've seen some really good tech on various ways to do them, but I have an idea that I haven't seen done yet. If it works I'll make you some. By the way man... I mocked up the headlights last night and will be using your mounting cups very soon! Thanks again for the help with those! I have no idea what to do for stands though... HA! Was up most of the night just laying there thinking about what on earth to do. :rolleyes: I need a nap now...

You're so full of sh!t your eyes are brown... and you KNOW it! :D:D HAHA!! Now get back to your mani-pedi and get down to business with some quick changes!

Yes, but you're a professional and we look up to you for it! :D

I got news yesterday that it really doesn't HAVE to be done until July now. That gives me a little bit more time. Still aiming for April, of course though.

Speaking of paint... A lot of people have been asking me about color. The plan is dark blue body and frame with black running gear and drive train. Splash of polished and a few chrome things. Everything will be very understated though. I want to keep the "all business" look as much as possible.

Again, thank you for your comments, all the input and driving motivation to keep going. I have no social life left and may be inserted into a psycho ward when I'm done, but at least it will be done, right?! :D:D

4. -Brent-

-Brent-

Awesome. It's really becoming a beautiful car.

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks man! Oh... your avatar always makes me snicker! :D:D

6. Smallfordsuk

Smallfordsuk
    from Belfast

I had been wondering about this build - been watching out for it - awesome

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay, so I guess the whole "teaser" thing is out the door, so I might as well post progress from last night. I cut down the grille shell and mocked it up so I can start figuring out the headlights and everything else that will need to be in that area (brake lines, wiring, etc.).

[​IMG]

Three inches seem to put the top of the grille shell about 1/4" below the cowl (based on a level line) and still have enough room below for ground clearance and whatever else...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's how it looks on the car...

[​IMG]

Going to take some getting used to after seeing the stock height grille shell on there. Looks like I will need to make an apron to fill the gap between the radiator and the lower shell as well.

And now it looks more like a car with the headlights mocked up...

[​IMG]

Now I'm getting REAL excited seeing it like this!

8. PAPASMURF

PAPASMURF

This is a sick build. If it wasnt for the kids I'd be building one myself instead of the sedan.

9. Car looks mean. I like the headlight stands, but they may scrape on speed bumps.:rolleyes:

10. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

You're so full of sh!t your eyes are brown... and you KNOW it! :D:D HAHA!! Now get back to your mani-pedi and get down to business with some quick changes!

Mani-Pedi?? Can't a guy stay propper for his lady? sheesh.
    My wife won't let me touch her because of the scars and broken nails on my hands and fingers. :D
    I'll email you soon on the design for that 'secret' cover thing we talked about. Then i'll get movin.

11. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

12. rokcrln

rokcrln

Been over a year any updates? Love the look the 5W-ish or Stub sedan body!

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

13. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. seatex

seatex

C'mon, UPDATES! MY GOD MAN!

15. 73RR

73RR

This is a very good instance where the OP should be able to lock his thread....