Register now to get rid of these ads!

coolest sbc alternator bracket?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by original hotrod 32, Jan 6, 2009.

1. original hotrod 32

original hotrod 32
    from england

coolest all star aluminum sbc chevy alternator bracket for driver side of small block chevrolet mounts any gm delco style on driver side clyinder head also for short water pump version who got same one on sbc want one but expensive like see what it look like on engine found on ebay didnt show mount on engine and just display where can buy it from

[​IMG]

2. 2-TONED

2-TONED

YES very cool!
    i was looking at those but i have holeless heads or id have one.

3. Build one that mimics the old cast iron exhaust manifold generator mount using the two front manifold bolt holes. Bring a brace over from the front of the intake for the top of the alternator.

4. I must withold my opinion until I feel that this has been properly accepted as a non billet, traditional, and American type of bracket.
    Oh, what the heck, I'll go out on a limb here, that is a good looking bracket.

5. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

That one looks good but damn $135. plus shipping. :eek:

6. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

Lane automotive in Michigan carries allstar performance stuff and they make that bracket. look on the internet, you can order it and then you dont have to wonder where to get on any more.

7. 2-TONED

2-TONED

that was my plan originally. - i was keeping my generator. i smoothed out my ramshorns for plating then i decided hhmmmmmm i want both manifolds smooth with no brackets so i pitched the left manifold aside & got a bracketless one & started smoothing for chrome plating & now its going to have an alternator hanging low underneath with a cheapo chrome bracket direct from E-gay. :eek:

8. original hotrod 32

original hotrod 32
    from england

thanks check out best price for those $119.99 plus shipping still expensive :mad: nearest similar design is R.H.JONES company own alternator bracket bit slim design cost $65.00 no drill holes best wait it been just came out leave later price should going down hopefully!!!! :rolleyes:

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

dam..you already have to hang an ugly ass alternator on your engine..than go and buy a mount that will draw your eye to it even more...whats the point?
    its too billetry..and modern looking.
    if your going to use an alt. find a way to minimise its exposure..or hide it altogether. or find a nice generator and make some steel brakets to mount it up.

nice part for a streetrod...jmo

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

100 bucks for an alternator bracket? no thanks. I made mine out of a power steering pump bracket and some scrap metal to mount my alternator low. I use the 2 holes next to the timing cover.

cost me about 20 cents worth of argon/CO2 and a couple feet of wire.

11. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

this would look great at the scrap yard in the aluminum pile or being dragged behind my truck! : )

12. 8flat

8flat

Dude....it looks like Tarzan wrote that paragraph...it makes my head hurt trying to read it.

Listen to these other guys, go with something more simple, unless you're building a bling streetrod.

13. 8flat

8flat

Wait.....are you drunk? That's how I talk when I'm shit-hammered....

14. beauishere

beauishere

Thank you.

I'm home sick. I thought it was the Nyquil.

15. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

WAAYYY too street rod

16. 8flat

8flat

Hahahaha