Register now to get rid of these ads!

best East coast show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Jan 1, 2009.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

sure sounds like everyone is loving the Jalopy Showdown - that is my anniversary weekend - hmmmmmmmmm we will see how mad the wife gets if I am not here

2. skidsteer

skidsteer

The Alter Boys at Ralph's Diner was once unmatched for location and atmosphere. Are any shows still held at that location, or is the adjacent property owner still unfriendly?

3. 31chevymike

31chevymike

So far? BILLET PROOF FLORIDA!!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Billetproof Florida: March 21, 2009
    Billetproof is back in Florida for the 2nd Annual Florida Free for All!! Last year we packed Big Daddy's back yard with over 500 hot rods. Come out this year and see if we can fit a few more on the lawn. We'll have even more live bands, great vendors, and the sickest 64 and prior do-it-yourself traditional rods, kustoms and motorcycles on the planet. Due to the limited space the only the first 600 vehicles to register get in, so register early! This show WILL sell out.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Billetproof Florida 2009
    Big Daddy Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum
    13700 SW 16th Ave
    Ocala, Florida
    [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spectator entrance opens at 9am (Spectators are FREE!!! Buy a Billetproof T-shirt to support the show) [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pinstripe panel jam[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Live bands playing throughout the day! [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our famous trophies awarded in many categories! Including Big Daddy's Pick presented by Don Garlits! [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Plus more stuff to be announced... [/FONT]

Attached Files:

4. 100% Matt

100% Matt

There are two shows at Ralphs now. The 100% Show in May and the "Rumble at Ralphs" presented by Grace Black Vintage and Miltown Tattoo Sept 26th 09. The Alter Boys moved their show to Natick,Mass for need of a larger space.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

orlando rumblers
    "groundhog gala" would'nt miss it.
    billetproof ocala
    500 like minded people and their cars at the "swamp rats" house.
    dan

6. Frist State Hillbilly

Frist State Hillbilly
    from dover de.

Take a look at Harrington Delaware. Should not cost a lot to go. There are a lot of great tin around eastern Pa De Md Vi.

7. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Out of all the shows I've been to the Jalopy Showdown and Jalopy Showdown Drags are my favorites by a longshot, not so much because of the cars but the locations and atmosphere. For me, they are the two can't miss shows of the year.

The Jalopyrama in Glen Burnie, MD is also one of my favorites, although I've heard that this past year was possibly it's last. I really hope that's not the case.

I made the trip up to the KKOA show Gettysburg this past year, and was impressed by the quality of cars in attendance. While there wasn't a huge number of cars there, I still think it was worth the drive. And the Latimore Valley Fairgrounds/ Eastern Museum of Motor Racing (where the Jalopy Showdown is held) isn't too far from there, so it was an added bonus to be able to swing by there after the show.

8. Bring her along. I guarantee it will be an anniversary she'll never forget. Bring a tent, there's camping. And bring boots, tall boots, 'cause there's this neat mud, lots and lots of neat mud:)

9. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Come on guys,dont forget Ty-rods.

10. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Dixie Fried is my Fave. But I really need to get out to more of these shows!!!!!

11. The Karb Kings put on a bad ass show called the Mobtown Greaseball each year somewhere in the Baltimore, MD. area. After a couple years at any given location, they have to move it to a bigger venue. Been moved at least 3 times or so now. It's kinda like a mystery each year trying to find it but always worth the effort. Lot's of great Rockabilly music, easy to look-at ladies, and hundreds of interesting rides.

12. scarylarry

scarylarry

If you con...ahhhh, convince your wife to get to the Showdown,look me up (the guy with the big funny hat, pulling his hair out :) ) and we WILL be sure to get you out on the track. Somebody should have a photo or two to post. :) Thanks for all the kind words/votes. I like to think the show is more about the cars and not so much about the dress up culture thing. I like it that way.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WHAT??!!?? You mean I just bought those new, fashionable, red, knee high, rain/mudd boots for nothing??? DAMM

14. I was going to wear the same boots, Denise, that would have been embarrassing :D

15. I like Larry's Amish Kulture look!

It's Ol Skool

16. scarylarry

scarylarry

You just were lucky enough to catch the muddiest year ever last year. Usually a tad dustier!
    Where else can you go for the bonus mud wrasslin' match thrown in at the end?

17. Tony

Tony

It was a bit damp last year wasn't it..haha
    At that wrasslin' match was the icing on the cake for a great weekend! :)

Oh, BTW....
    The Showdown is NOT to be missed!
    That's my take on the "best east coast shows".

18. alteredimage

alteredimage

So many good shows how do you pick only 2?

19. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

I almost thought no one was going to mention Dixie-fried in atlanta. Not the largest but bands all day, movies all night ,cars and girls all day. One of my favorites.

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Since when is Atlanta in the "east"?:rolleyes:

Folks, Cool Stuff is looking for a couple of events to attend to hawk his traditional theme stuff in an area he has yet to cover, East coast. Think lots of traditional hot rod and customs, lots of spectators, reasonable vendor fees, early enough in the cruzn season so they still have money, etc.

21. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Jalopy Showdown (May in PA)- is a must , awesome show, swap meet, you can camp out .. kid friendly, theres the eastern racing meusuem right there . always a good time

Hotrod Hoedown(sept in PA) - big show, great bands, good swap meet, art show, burlesque show and more

Rumblers (August NY) yes they actually get alot of cars under that bridge(hwy)

22. skunx1964

skunx1964

am i missing the joke? atl is east, southeast, but still east. :confused:

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I guess it's all in a person perspective. I have always considered Atlanta, and anything else south of the Mason Dixon line, "the south".;)

24. skunx1964

skunx1964

25. 61 chevy

61 chevy

run to the sun ,myrtle beach s c ,in march :D

26. Savannah Red

Savannah Red

Hmmm, guess you can consider Atlanta east if you're coming from Texas!!!
    however is not on the coast!!?? The Turkey Run is my favorite, as I live on
    great land of the east coast, :D

27. n1gzd

n1gzd
    from Acton, MA

Hard to say a favorite but next year I won't miss:
    Ty-Rods
    All-Timers Gearhead Gathering
    Gathering Of The Faithful
    Alter Boys

Rebecca

28. Sluggo57

Sluggo57
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rumblers Brooklyn small but roudy, Rumblers Terryville and Hot Rod Fallout I day dream for weeks, Milltown-Cool factor is out the roof.

29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

wow - hotrodladycrsr hit it on the head.......

I am always trying to go to new shows where "the locals" have never seen my stuff.

since I have only done Syracuse NY last year - there really has not been any exposure to East coast.............

and I gotta agree with her - Atlanta is the south

I would LOVE to do the Heavy Rebel Weekender (which is in the South too right?)
    but it is the same weekend as my Annual Godzilla show in Chicago and the Des Moines Good Guys (since I live in Iowa - that show is a must)

I hope to be able to do the Billetproof FL show again this year - if Alan will let me come back!

SO I think I may have to make a few trips back east this year - we will see what the gas prices look like after this winter!

30. gashog

gashog

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009