Register now to get rid of these ads!

My hangout for fellow rodders during bad weather.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Just need to let you know it doesn't have to be expensive to cool out the shop or rec room. Thanks for the good hamber words on "the Grand Fin-Alley" The angled panels in the room were made from old door blanks I got to ahead of trash pick-up. The metal edging is carpet trim. The 50's cabinets came from Ebay or $99. The bar stools were $20 each at a car meet. The fridge is 50's and works great just to haul it out of a basement. Flea markets and yard sales are good sources. The Buick fender was $20 plus a couple of $1 store rattle cans to paint and flame it. Even the juke box is old door panels, 55 Pontiac hood strips, lumber and plastic scraps, etc. The selector buttons are from a junked kitchen appliance. Music supplied by ipod and a few thousand stored classics. The stars throughout the room are original 50's Pontiac dealer showroom pieces for a few bucks each from a swap meet.

Like Meatball and his cool shop, you need a place to work on the wheels too. Still working on making it cool like his, but the metal shelves along a 24 foot wall were picked up before going to scrap. I do 50's and 60's magic and music on the weekends and need to store that stuff too. That's why it's covered with the backdrop curtain. Hard to keep things uncluttered there as you can see by the stacked new bumpers in the box. But just have to have the tube and music for Pinks, Pass times, Low Life and more in the background.

Thanks again for all the comments and good vibrations. The shop and Grand Fin-Alley will always be open for Hambers.

Attached Files:

2. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

That fridge is too cool! But where's all the beer?

3. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Just set it in the shop. Going to be redone and two tone painted to tie in with the room. Not plugged in yet. Don't want warm beer, do you? lol....... Thanks for the good comment.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Couldn't we have just added this to the other thread?

Maybe put it on the www.garagejournal.com ?
    Those guys would dig it to.

5. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks Zman. Still new and learning the ropes. Guess that's why they came up with the label FNG. Lesson learned. Thanks for the other site. Hadn't heard of that one.

You sound like you have this site all figured out. Is there a way I can drop this thread and repost it to the other as you suggested?

Thanks again..........

6. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Elwood007: It's not my shop, but I have everything I need there to cook, two fridges, sink, and the bath and bedroom and laundry room is in between the hangout and my shop. And everything is to the same theme. I've had people ask me how I expect to sell the house someday? I said I'll advertise it as a soda shop with living quarters. lol...... Thanks for the good words!

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

I love it especially the colors and the floor, beautiful job!!

8. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks! I mixed the paint colors myself. I worry sometimes what others might think because it's not the same ole red and white and black, but it works for me. I've taken some heat for the lavender color of my 55 Olds custom. But when someone sez "cute color" with their pinky in the air, I just say. "Thanks! Your wife likes it too!" And they do............ I had a peach and white 48 Ford coupe recently. More liked it than not. Sometimes you just have to be brave. A little crazy doesn't hurt either........

9. Custom54

Custom54

That is very cool.

10. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Yep, remember stoke for sure. And Krass and Bernie, and even My Mother the Car with Jerry Vandyke! I'm not young, but I ain't old either. Just a combination of chillin and thrillin.........................

11. The Worm

The Worm

very nice. very

12. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

wow. thats pretty sweet. did i see a jukebox?

13. solid

solid

14. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Yep, made the juke box myself. It's in another thread "More hangout pics" Thanks!

15. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Still looking for a bumper corner for the Buick fender on the wall. Without cutting up a good (expensive) bumper, anyone have ideas? Thanks!

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Looks very inviting during anytime of the year! If I had the room, I'd do it too!
    Great palce for you and your pals

17. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Nice work!!!

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The perfect place to spend some time with other gearheads without getting greasy like you would in the shop. Well done.

Frank

19. Sir Woosh: this is just too kool...nice work, kool hangout...

FYI: unclescooby here on the HAMB, has some 50's kitchens for sale, check him out,

20. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

How about a southern neighbor from Winc. Va. dropping by ? I have beer in mine also but yours is a lot bigger than mine. Happy New Year

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Only a mod can combine two posts together. Don't sweat the small stuff at this point. In the future if you want to add more photos or anything to any thread all you have to do is reply to that thread. Keeps everything nice and tidy and those that read it can see all the photos in one spot.

The room is cool. Thanks for sharing.

22. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

This count?
    Pontiac Slim

Attached Files:

23. mow too much

mow too much

I'm thinking fries and a malt.

24. drock6570

drock6570

that is an awesome spot

25. ratster

ratster

26. ratster

ratster

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

thats great...
    now you ask what else it out there?????PAGING SCARRY LARRY......LARRY TO THE WHITE COURTESY PHONE PLEASE!!!!

28. at least you got a place to stay when the old lady puts the boots to ya

29. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

very cool!!! did you rob a dinner?

30. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

holy shit..that was alot of work I'm sure..but it's great!