Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well......the bastard(s) nearly got in!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KeithDyer, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. What???

2. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Fixed it for you.

If you're going to shoot at someone, you'd better mean it, and you'd better not leave anyone to tell "their side" of the story.

In MO, if you kill someone in your house and it is justified as self defense, you cannot be sued by their family or anyone else after the fact. However, if you wound them and they survive, they themselves can sue you for damages and doctor's bills, and whatnot. They probably won't win, but you'll spend time and money defending yourself (again).

Moral of the story: Don't shoot unless you have to, but if you have to, shoot to kill.

3. been to court a dozen times over burglers wanting to sue me after i fucked them up! i haven't had to use the shotgun yet but i have crushed a few collerbones:mad:. sure takes the tough out anyone:eek:. thinking about a nice big can of pepper spray as that shit is of the hook nasty. ask me how i know:rolleyes:. the cell phone dial up seems to be what i would install in my home or shop combined with cameras.

4. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

They call me on the cellphone too if my signal is disrupted for any reason. A car comes everytime even if they call or I call with a false alarm. We have only had one false alarm, because I punched the wrong button and set the in-house motion detector. I walked across the room and set it off. I called them, but they had a car on the way regardless. Just to check. The police are really good around here. They patrol at least twice a night up our street, its gravel in a new subdivision, so I hear the familiar Crown Vic going by at odd times. We had trouble with meth heads in our other area towns stealing construction supplies, so they keep a good presence around our little town. They like my old cars too, even with open exhausts. :D

My lines all come in underground and the interface box is attached directly to the alarm system. If someone opens the box the alarm goes off, or if the phone signal is lost it sets a code that has to cleared at central dispatch.

5. coldwar

coldwar
    BANNED
    from USA

Load up some 12 gauge shells with dimes, if they absolutely must have your money - Otherwise I have it secured as I can, booby traps are non-lethal, yes, remote monitoring alarm too ~ CW

6. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

We keep a "legally short" double barrel 12 ga under the bed loaded with 3" long brass buckshot. My wife see better than I can so she grabs the shotgun, and I go after them barehanded. I can still see shadows,so unless they shoot me they are going to get the shit beat out of them. If they shoot me, my wife will shoot them from behind cover with a very stout weapon. She's a good shot too, I have never seen her miss anything she has shot at. :eek:

7. Have YOU ever killed anyone.................................?

8. Larry T

Larry T

Sounds pretty good, but if I can tell the difference in locking and unlocking a door by feel I'm sure that someone that picks locks can too.

KeithDyer,
    Do you still have your tandem axle dragster?

Larry T

9. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

Weilding the sword is a huge moral responsibility, and its going to stay with you the rest of your days. Justified or not. It haunts you in the deepest levels of your mind and can come back to you at any time. I don't think we are wired to take each others lives without paying a heavy price mentally . Even in war, in a police action, or protecting yourself you can't think twice about the action when you have to do it, but you will bear the scars forever. Make no two ways about it, it will always be there.

10. coldwar

coldwar
    BANNED
    from USA

In my life, its like this: I was told years ago by a cop buddy, 90% of the time, home, or closely held space theft is either by someone you know, or someone setting you up, either on purpose, or by loose drunken talk, as a example. "...hey you should see the collection of stuff such and such has......" and another guy hears this, and off he goes. So shooting for a TV set, or anything may have unintended consequences, not just about lost property.

We live in the country. Not as rural as some, but still fairly isolated. Everyone has guns, everyone shoots, everyone knows it. Many have concealed carry, or carry anyway. The law is occasionally around, not underfoot. It's not like I have to climb a telephone pole to use the phone. I don't want to kill anyone over this or that, but the threat of death is the deterent most effective. That is the literal intent of the second ammendment, either towards a hostile adversary, or perhaps oppresive government, although that will get argued as long as we exist as a nation. I won't know how I will react until that moment arrives. In Ohio, the law has been through the legilature, STK is justified in home invasions. I work towards detering it.

With my remarks considered, I hope I dont get in trouble for posting this:

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

This is no hoax, they want it on the new presidents desk 1-21-09 to sign in to law. I guess in the most basic sense it is a traditional hot rod component. CW

11. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

Truth.

12. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

those were probably some stupid kids.a pro would have gotten in.
    be careful with dogs as a friend of mine had one in his yard the theives gave it meat with some kind of knock out drug and killed it they got away with 3 cars...

13. KeithDyer

KeithDyer

Larry T, how you doin??

Yep, we never get rid of anything. Well nearly anything.

Doc Pirkle told us years back that we need to get the twin rear end deal back up and running, and take it to Bonneville. May be in the works soon.

Can't believe all the great responses to this thread.

Working hard to upgrade the security as best we can.

The new Texas "Castle Law" has plenty of provision for all the things the HAMBers have written of.

We have several nasty touches placed around the property now.

And I have always wanted to hook a truck or train horn to a nitrogen bottle with trip wires and hidden valve!!

14. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

Leave it unlocked light on radio going camera - Now the good part - sign that reads

IF YOU ARE IN HERE AND I AM NOT! CALL 911 AND LOOK FOR MY DAMN SNAKE!!

15. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

C'mon T you know that Native Americans had a swift and permanent cure for thieves that were tribal members.Now stealing from other tribes was just good hunting but from your from your own people there was a 0 tollerence program !

16. 408 AA/D

408 AA/D

I recently setup two Pan, Tilt, Zoom internet security cameras inside a friends shop. If someone breaks in, the video will be recorded, but not on the shop computer, it will be recorded on a seperate computer in a remote location. So if they steal the shop computer or destroy the cameras we still have the video saved. I also set the cams up to send email alerts. The cams can also be viewed via the internet from anywhere in the world at any time. We are also going to install four outside PTZ infrared cameras that will be setup the same way in the next couple of weeks.

Thieves are to damn lazy to work for a living and lower than pond scum.

17. El Gordo

El Gordo

Post the link!!:rolleyes::D

18. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

I just had to chime in here .A few years back a kid from the next doors shop broke in on sunday night .earlier that day the kid was trying to get gas from one of his dads customers cars even asked for some hose to siphen from .i said no and called his dad .he couldnt care less .that night he cut about 5 ft of my garden hose and left it next to the car with gas door open . and the back wall of my shop was cut with tin snips ,this kid sat my mig on the hood then roof and deck of my cuda ruined the paint took the welder and most of my air tools that were laid out on a bench .the next day the cop said i must have hung with same bad folks .i was pizzed but heres were it gets good the kid was cornered on a different deal a year later and shot his own head off at 19 some things just work out ,the cops still around but karma will catch up with him . my point is what goes around comes around .c

19. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Nope, and I don't want to have to.

That said, if it's me or them, the choice is obvious.

I'm not one to want to shoot someone for trying to steal my car or something, but I'm also not one to stand there and watch it happen.

If I go to stop them and they run, fine, my shit is safe, and I'm safe, that's a good night. If they decide they might just as well konk me in the head and steal my shit anyway, that's another matter entirely. If they make that choice and I'm armed at the time, well then that was their bad call, and it will be a bad night.

I am sick to death of all the fools in the world saying "Nothing is worth fighting for!" or "No car is worth killing someone over!" or any one of a hundred other limpwristed sayings that boil down to the basic idea that you have no right to defend you and yours from those who would take by force.

I think that is bullshit. There most certainly ARE things worth fighting over, and while I do not think I'd kill a man over my car, if he decides he's going to kill me over my car, things are going to go poorly.

For decades now we have fostered this false sense that violence never solves anything, and that any use of violence without a badge attached to it is always wrong, but that is wholesale bullshit, and it has lead to a breakdown in the basic fabric that supports our society.

Why work for a living when you can just bully folks and take what they've worked for? They won't fight back, they've been conditioned for years to just give the bad men what they want, and they'll leave you alone. Cower in fear, and hope the bad men go away when they have all you can give.

They never tell you about what happens if the bad guys decide what you have ain't enough. They never tell you what happens when you cower in the corner and the bad guy decides he wants your life. They never tell you what happens when the bad guy decides he likes the way your daughter or your wife smells. They never tell you that bad guys sometimes aren't rational folks that weigh each decision like a normal person would.

They also never tell you that when seconds count, the cops are only minutes (or in my case hours) away.

What people inevitably find out (usually too late) is that no one can protect you but you. No one is legally required to protect you, not even the police (look it up, the supreme court says that cops are not legally required to aid citizens in mortal danger, they can stand there and do nothing if they feel it would endanger their lives to render assistance). No one will stand between you and the bad guys if they some day decide what you have is not enough.

It is up to each of us to defend ourselves however we should deem necessary. Be it pepper spray and an alarm, or a rottweiler and a mean tabby cat, or an 870 and a 1911. It is you and your family's lives, it should be up to you how you defend them. You can choose to do nothing at all, that's your choice, but if you find yourself in a poor situation, you will have no one to blame except yourself.

Luckily, out here in BFE where I live, this is largely an academic discussion, as everyone is heavily armed, and everyone knows it, so home invasions just about don't happen at all, and theft is usually the petty type.

If I lived in some of the places that some of you all live, I'd want a damned automated sentry gun at the corners of my property, each with well defined lanes of fire, and lots of fence, and razor wire, and . . . .

I can't believe the places that some of you guys live in voluntarily. :eek:

20. It is very country where I live and also tropical so my shop has no doors and not to many walls. I my situation I take a real pro active attitude about thieves.The police don't patrol here [private roads]and there responce time can be quite awhile.We have a watch program but they don't want me anymore I am to radical for them. I got a report that some guys were cruzing the area in old red toyota ripping of houses call the cops they shined me on. I told them ok i will call back when i find them. they said sure you do that. Took 3 days of looking and I find the car parked in a driveway has no plates on it just like I was told. I blocked him in called the cops. Told them what I was doing they got there just as the crack babys where walking out with TV ,stereo ,ect. The cops where pissed at me told me I was going to get myself shot. I realize this could happen but I fell better about going after them than waiting for them to rob me. In my shop I have a motion sensor and some pressure pads wired to 1950 flexible fire engine sireen and a few lights. You can hear it 1/2 mile away. I also have a pack of blue healers who think they own my shop,if I ain't there you don't want to be thier I have been here 8 years now only one incident so far and that boy was begging me to call the cops.

21. PoPo

PoPo

..... next post....

22. PoPo

PoPo

Its getting worse, Its always been bad. but the good thing is most of them just want your dewalt drills and such. They most likely wont mess with your vehicles.

they pawn the tools and get cash.

Now to help get your stuff back.

WRITE ALL YOUR SERIALS NUMBERS DOWN ON A PIECE OF PAPER, COPY THAT AND PLACE ONE AT YOUR SHOP/GARAGE AND ONE IN YOUR HOUSE.

THEN IF YOU HAVE STUFF WITHOUT SERIAL NUMBERS. ENGRAVE YOUR ADDRESS OR NAME IN THE TOOL. OR MARK IT SOMEHOW. THE WORST THING FOR YOU IS WHEN THE COPS FIND YOUR STUFF AND THEY CAN'T GIVE IT BACK TO YOU BECAUSE THEY CAN'T GUARANTEE ITS YOURS WITHOUT SERIAL NUMBERS OR A COMMON MARKING.

good luck guys and investing money in security parameters is worth it in my opinion.

23. outlaw256

outlaw256

have you ever killed anyone? yes could you live with it? yes. you threaten me my family, try to steal from me. you are dead. i have no qualms about killin you and going to eat supper after. you made the desision to put yourselt in my path. not me.the sob that decided he wanted to come visiting at 2.00am is now visiting the devil.the only thing that bothered me was the police dont do clean-up work. i had to clean up his brains off my kitchen walls, that i had just painted!been 30yrs and ive not lost one minute of sleep over it.no im not some un educated red neck, ive a good education and a very high i.q.i believe in the death penalty and public hangings.

24. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

Thanks PoPo. I see you are a VFW, you have the staright story of life and death. Thank you for serving.

I'm not going to shoot someone trying to steal a drill to get something to eat. We are going to see a lot of this as times gets worse. My grandma would sight them down with shotgun, ask them their business. If they were starving, she would feed them and send them on their way with a sack lunch for their family. That was during the Great Depression. The best I can do these days is hand the poor dope fiend over to the law and get them the help they need. If its mental illness, drugs or booze they will get the treatment they need, if they are just criminals they will go to jail. If they come back to my place again, seeking revenge, well...

I think a distinction needs to be made in fighting here. If it is property its not worth taking a life for, but it is worth one helluva beating. If its the life of anyone at stake, its worth death. Everything is worth fighting for, but the fight needs to measured to the opponent and his motivation. If he thinks it worth killing me to get a drill, I'll kill him first, but that isn't the first option you have. Good security, and vigilance is what holds this country up.

25. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

I have a friend from South Africa that told me crimes against tribes/communities result in a tire doused with gas is placed over your head then lit on fire.

26. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

You've got a valid point there!!!!!:D
    Gee the damn thing just went off!!!! I don't know how it happend:D

27. GTS225

GTS225

CoolHand has the right thought process on this. The monetary value of your property isn't worth killing over.........but your Constitutionally protected, God-given rights are !!! To allow some asshat thief to get away with taking what's yours gives them the eternal right to do the same thing, at any time.

Now......I seem to recall reading somewhere that an ultra-low frequency will cause the normal human to have extreme nausea, involuntary bowel movements, and in extreme cases, short-term paralysis of the extremities. Sounds like one hell of an alarm device in the shop to me.

Roger

28. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

That's the first thing I asked my alarm guy about.

"Got any alarm sirens that can be tuned down to the Brown Note?"

Anyone who's watched Southpark (before it became too retarded to exist) will know the note of which I speak.

Unfortunately, the alarm guy knew of no such siren.

Probably for the best anyway.

I nearly shit myself the first time I set it off accidentally anyway, with the brown note equipped siren, I would have been heading home in a trash bag to change britches.

:D

29. madjack

madjack

Got sirens, horns, flashing lights and GOOD neighbors around my shop. Been woken up I don't know how many times by the sheriffs dispatcher because my alarms are making such a racket. Got them all powered by a couple of deep cycle 12v batteries hidden in a closet and charged by a trickle charger. I live 2 blocks from the shop so it doesn't take long to get there

30. skidlid

skidlid
    from motor city

Some people are just one beating away from being honest ..too bad you didn't catch them in the act...that would be fun!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.