Register now to get rid of these ads!

found some cars near my house...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Jan 2, 2009.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Found a few cars this fall and today near my house. We're old fashioned enough to still go on long drives for no reason on days off. All are for sale I think...
    coupe of 49 mercs...(decent)
    few big block galaxie convertibles (decent)
    a 53 plymouth convertible with aluminum head, headers, and tattersfield intake (rough)
    International Metro delivery van (decent)
    62 econoline rear engine V8 (decent)
    None were super cheap and given the economy right now I don't know that anything is selling unless it is super cheap. I'll try to get better pictures and more specific prices at the beginning of the week.

The merc convertible and big block convertibles were in the barn with the plymouth and I couldn't get a picture with the phone camera.

Attached Files:

2. henry29

henry29

How much was what was left of that 28-29, or the 2dr merc?

3. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

That Merc loks good. What were some of the prices? Did you ask?

4. barney rubble

barney rubble

I would like to know more about the convertable 63 Galaxie.:)

5. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

The cars ranged anywhere from a couple hundred to $10,000. There were three of four big block convertible galaxies. I think the pair that was sitting outside was either $1 or 2k for both. Surprisingly decent cars actually. The ones inside would be more...406 4-speed.
    The convertible plymouth was $4000
    The caddy was like $1500 I think
    The merc's were $10k for a package of two or three. The convertible I didn't get a price on...cause if I had to ask...

6. Scoob,,
    1: More Pics
    2. You hosting a meet and greet this year?

7. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I'll get pix as soon as I can get out that way again. I gotta remember exactly where the hell I was. It was south of 40 near Carthage about one block east of BFE.

And yes, there is a Indy HAMB Meet and Greet on Sunday, January 18th...although...it MIGHT be held at Bubba's instead of my house this year.

8. The Worm

The Worm

Theres a good find