Register now to get rid of these ads!

What does everyone do for a living???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemizach, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am a retired police helicopter pilot.

MD500E.jpg
    MD 500E

Retired state executive pilot

100FL.JPG
    Beech 300 in Puebla MX

Honduras104b 04.jpg
    Cessna 550 in Honduras

Am now a Tripple Dipper ... :D

2. Screenprinting, Embroidery, Signs, Vinyl Graphics

3. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Mech/Elec engineer type that work for the GOV. I monitor and maintain all the National Air Space systems. So if you fly...I am the guy that makes sure your ground comms/radar is working.
    part time i pose as a adult film star for my wife.

4. that's awesome...Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn would be proud!

5. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

6. squints

squints
    from dallas, TX

im a tattoo artist in dallas and im as poor as the bums here.... i do have a bitchin 61 galaxie though.....

7. jroberts

jroberts

I know what you mean. I taught school for 31 years, before retiring. I taught middle school social studies and/or English most of those years. The powers to be around here have also decided that technical education is no longer needed as everybody should be going to college -- that is their idea, not mine!

8. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

9. paintcan54

paintcan54

Starting into my retirement, I worked my whole life waiting for this, and I'm not going to miss out on getting my money. Doing Repo man thing right now, anything that rolls or flots, if I find it you loose it, getting ready to do that part time, as I want to enjoy my cars and grand kids.

10. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I'm a parts guy at a Lincoln/Mercury dealership.

11. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

I am a PLUMBER. I have a shop for the last 25 years. It feeds the familey and put 3 kids through school BYU. But that is about all TEN more years Ten more years going out at 62 52 now

12. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I'm semi retired after 30 grueling years at a manufacturing plant. That means that I'm going broke fast. At least home is paid for and only have the wifes car that is financed. To pay the bills I'm selling our insulation on the internet and at swap meets.

13. jetcycles

jetcycles

I do "online diagnostics" for petrochemical plants and refineries. I'm usually climbing distillation columns at heights up to 300' and hanging off the side of them with small radioactive sources. It has allowed me to travel the US and many other parts of the world on other people's coin. I left the motorcycle industry to do this, and now i have my passion back for motorcycles. Whatever you do, enjoy it!!!!! This is the only life we'll get, I'm living mine to the fullest while i can.

14. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

im a 35 year transmission veteran.
    seen em go from cast iron to computer controlled

15. Vic

Vic
    from Florida

I've loved cars all my life but I have never worked in an automotive related industry. I'm a television producer/director and broadcast and internet advertising sales rep.

16. I guess you're gettin' ready for the next generation of traffic control huh? Read about the stuff in AOPA.

17. petegordon40

petegordon40
    from Bartow FL

I am a high school agriculture mechanics teacher. I teach welding fabrication, engines from small to diesel and we have a paint booth to paint a few cars. We keep a hot rod in the shop most of the time. I teach the ones that don't do well in a classroom with a book. My main goal is to keep them in school and have a few skills to go to work when they graduate or go to prison. After 25 years of doing this, I am not wealthy but I have saved a lot of "starfish"

18. First I had an all expense vacation to South East Asia .Then I worked 20 years in the trades and 20 years in the electronics industry . THEN..... I retired and married a physician . Best move yet .

19. Swede64

Swede64

I´m a crew controller for Scandinavian Airlines. That means that i see to that we have crew that fly and that they are within the working time limits set by the European Union.

20. Received my A&P cert but never worked on aircraft.

Went into the workforce in a supervisory/maintenance roll in a widget factory for 5 years. Sick of the low wages so.....

On to being a millwright in a coal fired powerplant for 10 years before I became a safety manager in the same company in our generation facilities where I still am today. As a millwright I spent most of my time listening to people complain about safety so rather than talk about it forever I decided to do something about it. I think I am making a impact but I am not sure sometimes.

21. Currently my business cars says Sales Manager for a large Exhaust/Header manufacturer. On the sales side I mainly concentrate on Harley's and Street Rods. In reality I also do alot of R&D and prototype work. During 09 my title at the company should change and sales won't be part of it - I hope and God willing.
    34 years ago I BS'd my way into a counterman job at a VW Speed Shop and worked my way up to management. In the years since I have held various jobs in the automotive and motorcycle industry including VP of an Exhaust manufacturing company. I took a break from it all for 10 years and owned a small chain of music stores in the 80's and after 2 years of 7 day weeks had built the business to a point where I only had to work a couple hours a day. So I opened a small shop on the side and went racing in Rally Cars and later Off Road Trucks. For some stupid reason I decided to get out of the music bus. and sold out to return to the automotive industry. There went the free time and money to go racing.
    Before the current gig I did have a Hot Rod shop for 4 years, built some really cool cars including multiple GNRS class winners and one of the Significant 75 32 Fords but got tired of the BS of someone else's idea of how to build a car and what they think it should cost so I closed it and got took this job. I still have a small shop that I do a little work on friends cars and my stuff and since it's next to Jimmy White and Leonardo's Authentic Hot Rods I see all kinds of Hot Rods every day.

22. 25 years in the computer data storage business. Not hot rod related but pays for them!

23. 4th grade Special Ed teacher. Coached highschool softball for 8 years. Now I'm in a Masters program to be El Principal :cool:

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

Over 20 yrs in technical service fixing photocopiers, got into it cause the pay was good, and I like working with my hands, decided against getting into the automotive trade cause I figured it would not be as enjoyable as a hobby if I had to work on other peoples stuff all day long. I have seen this industry really change over the years, used to have to have great mechanical skills and good with electronics...now you also have to be computer savvy ,software expert, fax and internet smart , deal with customers who cant be bothered to open the damn book and try and learn about the machine they just bought bla bla bla........still hoping to win the lottery though:D otherwise I will be working till I die......

25. slepe67

slepe67

<-------------- see photo

26. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Yeah its kinda like those pyramid mircle get rich plans...:rolleyes:
    We recently upgraded the system back in 96 with the DSR system. This equipment scratches its own butt.
    The NAS is not going to get any better until they put down some more concrete.
    Basically in a nut shell. You can't build a 400 home suburb near a tiny town and expect traffic to be the same as yesterday. You have to widen the roads. The port authorities are still operating on a two lane infrastructure.

27. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

28. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I am career firefighter for Pratt & Whitney Aircraft.

"We protect the Dependable Engine"
    IAFF Local I-69

29. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

Prosthetic Technician by day.....International Man of Mystery bu night!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.