Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects How to ruin a perfectly good 54 Chevy!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aceuh, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

Cool thread, hope to see it updated soon! Thats sittin very low in front, which might be scary. I wonder how much is caused by that rearend stickin up so high. Im curious to see the clearance and overall stance once the ass end is down. Good luck!

2. Hate to sound like a broken record,but those welds look kinda ''cold'' if you know what I mean,and I've been doing that sort of stuff for 25 years.The kind of machine dosen't mater,it the man or woman running it.

3. aceuh

aceuh

You know I just really want to let this thread die out on it's own which is why I haven't bothered to update it. I guess it just has a lot to do with no matter how much I say "yep, That's fucked up...I'll take care of it" People still want to talk about how it was bad before.

Well, we took care of it.

To those that like it, thanks.

To those concerned for the safety of myself, my wife and anyone else who may have been on the road with us, Thanks. Sincerely, you may have saved my life or the life of my loved ones or someone elses life out on the road.

To those just wanting something to bitch about...well. I'm glad I could help!:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  4. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Looks good. Any info on the rear suspension? How much of the original welding did you redo if any? By your post it sounds like you may have.

5. elvi411

elvi411

6. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

7. Slick Ride MAN - I like it! How does the cam run? I have a 268 in mine and like it! I just thought it was funny because you gave the same cam I picked to your wife. I am lame!! ha ha ha Later -

8. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

You nailed it!

Good job

9. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Looks awesome! nice going.

10. custom50

custom50
    from Indiana

The car looks really good now that you have it sitting right. Good job. Your wife will get a lot of attention with the new look. Hope you don't have to contact cheaters!!:)

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I enjoyed your build. thanks

12. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

what are you running for mufflers? open up the trunk and show off the rear set up. :)

is that 54 150 model? kinda looks like it. my 54 is a 150.

13. blown green t

blown green t

NICE JOB! Two months start to finish and it looks great. How does it drive?

14. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

Hell ya, looks great! I second Roadsterpu, whatd you run on the rear suspension? Did you just use the Gambino kit? Looks great, hope mine gets like that soon!

15. JRODHOTROD

JRODHOTROD
    from Manor, TX

hell yes. we are all still waiting on the rear suspension details. throw them up

16. 51NINETYEIGHT

51NINETYEIGHT
    BANNED

Sweet now you wanna do mine? Looks awesome man good job

17. poorboy

poorboy

18. Pair O' Dice

Pair O' Dice

Looks damned awesome! I love the whole combination, the height, the hubcaps and whitewalls.

You don't have any high resolution photos do you? Bigger than 1280 pixels? I'd love to have that as my desktop background, especially some of the outdoor ones on your photobucket. Looks fantastic. Makes me want a '54 Chev now! I love that grille!

19. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

That's a GREAT attitude. Enjoy your new ride.

20. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Looks great. I won't say a thing about the welds because I don't know shit from shinola about welding. Mine all look like bubble gum and bird shit. I will say that I had a '47 Jeep CJ2A once that had factory welds that scared the hell outta me, but they held for 50+ years, so there ya go. I'd like to see the rear end set up as well, but I won't blame you for not posting pics after the grief these guys gave you the first time around. :D Sweet ride for sure.

21. Racrdad

Racrdad

The stance is freakin perfect! Way to go!

22. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Good example of how stance can bring it all home-nice.

23. nickeynova

nickeynova
    from texas.

ur car looks sick. i have a 52 u could ruin. wish u many good cruisin.

24. I love it. Wish I could move that fast on a project and make it look that good at the same time.

25. Very nice car! Dont sweat the welding it looks like it will all be just fine. Many that criticize on here could not do any better job themselves but feel like they have to poop on any one that is really doing something cool. Nice car dude you have a winner there!

26. roddinron

roddinron

Looks good man, I never did think the welds looked that bad, could stand some improvement, but I've seen worse. Look at some old magazines from the 50's and 60's if you want to see some bad looking fab work, and it was in a magazine, imagine what the average guy was doing in his driveway with a Monkey Wards buzz box!
    Some people really are concerned, but others just look for things to bust your balls about. I often wonder how many good tech posts we never get to see because some guys figure it ain't worth the harassment.

I still think you should have made the wife do the work though.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  27. Needs 14x6 reverse Cragars or Supremes on 5.20s and it would be perfect!

28. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Yep, always thought the 53/54 Chevy's were cool. Had a 54 Belair myself. Friend of mine did pretty much the same thing you have going. Got the engine in. Decided to chop the top and angle the posts. Not sure if it's ever going to see the light of day again now. Great start, leave the top alone. Hang in there. Drive it and smile.

29. mcload

mcload

30. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

i was thinking the same thing.....may wana bump up to a bigger welder or something.......