Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 54 Buick Top Swap & Chop (part 1)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratstu, Dec 31, 2008.

1. I'm not crazy about the tail lights either and I don't understand moving the holes. Not that it's not cool but I just don't see where it adds anything worth the work. Just my opion, not bad, other wise it's awesome!

2. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Looks really cool. I was hoping it would have been the Super/Roadmaster roof, because the lines on that roof are unbeatable, but what you're doing looks amazing.

Where are the painted pics? I'm dying over here.

3. Winfield

Winfield

I really like the Buick, can't wait to see it in paint. But the car I really like is the one that you built for the nice, older grey haired gentleman. You know the one, the blue '50 Ford Coupe.

4. Lost me at the taillights......I love the rest of the car. You are some gifted guys! Centurion9

5. Ratstu

Ratstu

TwoChops - I know what you mean - the 57 windshield raps much tighter & has a greater "A" pillar angle. Yours looks excellent with the filler piece. Winfield - I believe I do recall the older gray haired gentleman & his shoebox - heh heh! Now as far as the 50 Chrysler taillights go - The idea came from a 51 " Barris" built convertable Merc. They are small however I believe once its all together it will give the car the look I'm after.

6. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

I must admit, I agree!
    Cuttin up what looked like a minter had me frowning. Possibly the ONLY thing I could criticize about this, is there's not enough build/progress shots along the way. Excellent work.

7. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

KOOL AS ALL HELL!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!!

8. kruzr

kruzr

Nice job guys,looks all great to me 'cept the tail lights,was expecting Cadillac bullets frenched in.I like the idea of lowering the fender scoops.
    Keep up the good work and more pics:D

9. twochops

twochops

The Merc with the taillights------------

Attached Files:

10. Big Block Bob

Big Block Bob
    from BC, Canada

I'm new here, don't worry guys did my intro.
    All I can say is amazing work and eye to detail. Everything about this project is so right, the roof, head light bezels, tail lights, port holes etc.
    What color are you going to paint it, what engine you gonna run, and what kind of wheels and tires are you going with (bias ply white walls I hope?).

This ride will be famous, sure to see it in a few magazines this time next year. Very nice work so far.

11. gonzo

gonzo

Great work thanks for posting.
    John

12. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

The car looks fabulous Laurie, just like all the cars you guys build......We gotta torment brother Geoff into building a nice greasy custom for himself so he can roll with the big boys ! lol...... Canada Customs are gonna represent this year !....

13. Ratstu

Ratstu

TwoChops - You're the man! That's the Merc - Good job. Big Block Bob - The car is back to black , it has the original 322 nailhead & stock suspension with fatman dropped uprights & the lower conrol arms, I moved the spring pockets down 1 inch. The buick has p/s & power brakes & it actually drives decent for an old ride. Tires are tall bias plys with 3" white walls & 54 Caddy wires. Paucho - Thanks buddy for your support & yes it would be cool if Geoff gets himself at greasey custom, maybe after his 31 roadster is finished.

14. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

very nice work keep the pic's coming.

15. Big Block Bob

Big Block Bob
    from BC, Canada

I think the Merc taillights will look killer, and nice choice with the Caddy wires.

[​IMG]

16. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

,,,, couldnt said it any better ,,,,
    very bad ass m8

17. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Real neat look. Doesn;t get any cooler than a 57 3 piece window. Awesome work!

18. Zeke

Zeke

Brother this is amazing!! very Inspirational.

19. Any news on this? Update?

20. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

21. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Holy shit that is cool!!!!!

22. Shit! I could do that! If, I had tools. If, I had time. If, I had talent...........

23. Custom54

Custom54

24. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Simply awesome....i love all the kustom touches...i wanna subtle changes but it would be an understatement..Great job & good eye...the porportions are perfect!!