Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where can you buy individual billiard balls

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ragtop, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I'm looking for a 5 ball for my shifter (I'd kinda like to find one of the older ones that had a black stripe around the white circle) but can't find any place that sells individual balls. Anybody know where you can buy these? I know, back in the day ya didn't actually buy them.

2. aldixie

aldixie

Local garage sales are normally good for them. I've seen a few sets go really cheap.

3. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

Ebay probably would be a good place to look.

4. 972toolmaker

972toolmaker
    from Garland Tx

i never even heard of BUYING a billard ball.

5. thebrassnuckles

thebrassnuckles

A store that sold billiards accessories and shit like that dart boards, barstools, pool tables pool cues. there was one around here they sold individual balls. they moved their shop somewhere else so i dont know where they are now.

6. thebrassnuckles

thebrassnuckles

or you could just go to a bar, put your quarters in the pool table and take the 5 ball, walk up to the bar nd say, "that pool table is missing the 5 ball. the walk out fter you get your 75 cents back

7. The Wizard!

The Wizard!

I bought my 9 ball for a shifter off of ebay pretty cheap! Everyone asks why a nine ball so be ready to answer! lol

8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

9. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

you got class

10. kruzin karl

kruzin karl

Please tell me where you live that you can still play a game of pool in a bar for only 75 cents?

11. Concrete B

Concrete B

Check out the local bars. Balls go missing regularly, They may have one laying around, or grab it off the table when nobody is looking, if you are into that kind of thing. Thats where those other balls probably went.

12. OLLIN

OLLIN

haha. thats the first thing I thought of too...

13. Jasonic

Jasonic

I have two of 'em in a drawer out in the garage.

14. I used to work in the vending Industry, and my boss would let me have the old pool balls instead of tossing them away, let me check my stash, I might have one, most of them have a nice weathered look, plus the cig smoke kind of yellows them, just send me you adress and I will see how much to ship, you can have the ball for free, but a little for shipping.

15. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

get more than one , they are brittle ! they want to chip .......... steve

16. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I would go to a pool hall. Some jerk allready stole a ball from a set so the owner has the remaining 14 balls to sell.

17. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

REALLY?? does anybody even try to figure shit out before they start threads any more? seems like theres more and more common sense threads starting, just think of a question and start asking instead of acutally checking on shit.

where can i get oil to put in my motor? BOOM new thread!!!

where is the nearest auto store from my house ? OH SHIT new thread for tomorrow!!! YES

18. weldtoride

weldtoride

You might try tile drill bits, Home Depot has them, they like like arrowheads, I have drilled all kinds of hard stuff with them.

19. Or go to a poolhall and gaffle one yourself, then you'll feel like a hood, like in the fifties. This stuff isn't rocket science.

20. candyman

candyman

Thrift stores have them frequently.

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Really? This is your response to someone trying to find a vintage 5 ball for his car? Wow, does anyone have a decent response anymore? :eek:

22. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

where did it say vintage?

23. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

24. Rusty Kustoms

Rusty Kustoms

My dad bought one years ago. I can't remember where but I can remember clear as day how it broke when he was shifting and cut his hand open pretty bad

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Right there... the description of what he is looking for describes an older, i.e. vintage, ball. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. So I guess you don't know everything about pool balls?

By the way just to help, look up your local billiards or game supply company, give em a call and describe what you're looking for. Most likely they have a few non-complete older sets lying around.

26. 61TBird

61TBird

Drilling a hole in one is easy.
    What you do is use a round file and make an X where you want to drill.
    Use a drill press and go slow.
    I've done at least 10 and have never had a problem with them breaking or chipping.

27. Abomb

Abomb

HAMB........the new google.

While I admit, sometimes you just know that what you want to know is here, right away, in somebodies head.......but there are search engines on the internet too.

That being said, I probably have one, what's it worth to ya ???

28. goodwill or local thrift store.

29. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I mentioned that and it's something I might have done that back in the 60s but I'm a little too old for that and I think anyone that would stoop that low now must be pretty hard up. BTW, I called the billiards shops around here and no-one had the older style balls. I googled it twice and went through every page looking for these things. There was a set of four old style (vintage) 5 balls on ebay but the auction had ended. I research this stuff and I'm sure most people do. When that doesn't work and it's something appropriate, I ask here and usually get a decent answer. Some people just want to argue I guess. I'm trying to decide why a guy would want to read a post if it doesn't interest him - just to bitch I guess.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  30. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I picked up a box of about a hundred pool balls at a yard sale a couple years ago,
    just dug through where I thought they were
    damned if I know where they are..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.