Register now to get rid of these ads!

T-Bucket battery mount

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travj31, Dec 27, 2008.

1. I'm building a bucket without a small bed in the back, any suggestions where I should mount the battery?

2. Chicken Scratch

Chicken Scratch

Did you mount your gas tank yet? Mount it in the bed if the gas tank didnt take up all the room. If there's no room there, get a red top gel cell battery and mount it on its side up under the passenger side of the dash.

If you have the gronud clearence you can get a frame rail mount and mount it under the bucket.

3. Flatman

Flatman

Any room in the floor under the passenger seat?

Flatman

4. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

under the seat,mounted to the frame on the passenger side.cut a whole in the floor for access.thats how i mounted mine in my bucket.

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Doesn't anybody READ what he asked? My take on it is he doesn't HAVE a bed to mount things in, so any suggestions on just where to put it in the bed are pretty much useless - or at least not pertinent.

dj

6. Phil1934

Phil1934

Honda batteries are about 7"x3"x6". Get a brand you can lay on its side and put it under the floor.

7. timmy t

timmy t

mounted mine under the dash on my modified. its an optima so its rather large but i made a bracket with a door hinge on one end so I can swing it down to get at it.

8. Put it under your seat. Mikey

9. I made a cardboard box the size of the battery and went under the car until I found a place that was unobtrusive, happened to be under the passenger seat. The red top sealed batteries can be put on their sides for even more clearence.

Just Gary likes this.
  10. thanks...i've heard about mounting batteries upside down or on the side, but i was a lil skeptical at first

11. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Yup, they can go upside down, I e mailed Optima and they said it can go in any position including upside down...they are sealed. here's a couple pics of mine mounted under the bed during mock up stages, it's been under there for a couple years no, no probs

Attached Files:

• 102.jpg
      102.jpg
      File size:
      48 KB
      Views:
    • 103.jpg
      103.jpg
      File size:
      45 KB
      Views:
  12. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

thanks...i've heard about mounting batteries upside down or on the side, but i was a lil skeptical at first"

not wanting to be a smart ass here but, you do understand that they are talking about dry gel batteries, right? like Optima batteries or Odyssey batteries

13. yep, i understand!!! thanks for looking out though...

14. This is why I have a pig pile of empty beer boxes...

15. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Mount it by the motor, very ingenious and different.

It'll draw a lot of interest. People will ask "what is that?":eek:

Attached Files:

16. you have empty beer boxes because you don't have a state tax on each can like here, we use those boxes to take back the cans in...lol

17. RPM

RPM

We mount the battery under the passenger seat, in the buckets we build.

18. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

the Optima battery is not sealed nor is it a gel style battery. It is an Absorbed Glass Mat battery. This means the liquid is absorbed into the cells. It is still a liquid not a gel. The battery is not sealed. Those two little charcoal looking protrusions in the cover are called flame arrestors and are there to cover the vents. The battery will vent a gas but not a liquid.

So yes, they can be mounted on any axis without issue but they are not a gel battery, a dry battery nor a sealed battery.

19. Humidi-T

Humidi-T
    from Louisiana

I'm with RPM, mine is under the seat, on the passenger's side, in it's own batttey box with the top of the battery flush with the floor, and the terminal sticking up. I have it all the way against the frame rail.

These buggers get pretty tight underneath, with battery, transmission, Transmission oil cooler, driveshaft, parking brake cables, horn, master cylinder, and shifter all trying to occupy a square yard of space.

But damn are they fun!