Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Aussie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by coupeman, Dec 30, 2008.

1. coupeman

coupeman
    from Australia

G'day, love the site seems like loads of info here and lots of stuff to look at, I'm from Brissy in sunny Queensland and own a 57 fairlane retractable, 57 fairlane 2 door coupe and a 58 plymouth belvedere 2 door hardtop coupe,glad to be part of this site :cool:

2. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas ! A 58 Plymouth ! That is one of my favorite cars. What engine & transmission does it have? Good LUck !

Lucky667

3. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Welcome from southern Illinois...

4. Welcome. I understand that there's quite a bit more heritage regarding Y-block speed parts down under, so you should be in good stead for your '57s.

5. Welcome from Texas! Any pictures of the cars?

6. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Welcome from the sunny gold coast. Howdy neighbour.

7. fat141

fat141

Welcome from mid north coast Enjoy yourself

8. coupeman

coupeman
    from Australia

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, the 58 has a 301 poly and torqueflight but is in the resto stage, it was originally a 57 with some 58 panels but is a project, still need things like a 58 lower grill valance etc but it is a fairly solid car with only minor rust. I found the car locally over here which was really good luck. It was imported in around 1979 and has sat ever since, never registered. I'm working on this one at the moment, I'm also working on the 57 fairlane hardtop coupe which i also bought locally, basket case but now is looking more like a car after replacing both full rear quarters and wheel wells as someone decided to tub it very badly. It's being built as a budget custom. Now has an original diff, fordamatic and rebuilt 272 with offenhauser tri power and 94's, should be finished soon if i can get the last of the parts from somewhere! The retractable sits in the corner of the shed frowning at me, fully restored but not registered yet. I'll get some photos up soon as i can but havn't ever done it, dont know how to, but i'll work it out, as soon as i do i'll post them,Cheers

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  9. That's all good, but don't use the rat rod term around here, it's rods and customs. The r word has bad and unacceptable connotations. Just a heads up.

10. kevron

kevron

hey coupeman brisi is the place to be rods and customs are every were hope to see you at the swaps kev i still love the smell of burning rubber so much i will still be buying condoms when im 90

11. LeighP

LeighP

G'day.....from sunny Sydney. :)

12. welcome from nz. love the coolngatta do and willowbank just plain ROCKS!