Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs List of 1949 - 1951 Mercury reproduction parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Someone asked earlier about lower front fender patches and lower 1/4 patches. They are available from Birdhaven Vintage Auto Supply. The lower fender patches it says inquire, but the lower 1/4 patches are 98.00 each side. Also Mercuryland was selling door repair panels too. John Kouw in Michigan is producing some really nice new rockers. They are patterned off some NOS ones, I hear they are as good or better than Green Mountain. He is also working on a new trunk floor that should be available within the year. He is making 2 styles, 1 smooth w/out tire well the other with it. Check w/ Joel. Besides Mercuryland and Birdhaven, you should also try MACS, and Concours parts.
    Hope this helps
    Matt

2. Squablow

Squablow

Good to know. This thread is going to be a great resource in the future.

3. If folks have website addresses handy, I'll take a crack at doing a post with all the suggestions.

That's cool to find out about fender and quarter panel patches, that's the first I've ever heard of that guy and I called around like crazy, thanks Fatford!!

4. jimmyv

jimmyv

Macs has some stuff like rockers, rubber seals, stuff like that I think.

5. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Green Mountain also used to make the replacement front fender dogleg patch panels out of 16 gauge steel. They also made trunk floors and front and rear floors. But, alas, they are no longer in business.

6. 50merc808

50merc808

http://www.classic-new.com/

7. Luckythirteen

Luckythirteen

8. Norwegian 49 Mercury

Norwegian 49 Mercury
    from Norway

9. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Hell yeah!! Somebody buy this from me and use it as an engineering mule to make all of the patch panels.:D

10. When I lived in Tuscon I picked up a Bunch of NOS 50 Merc Parts
    I have Rocker Panels an The Rear Pan between the Tail Lights obove the Bumper & a Used Trunk
    NOS Quarter Panels & 1 NOS Front fender plus some other Parts all NOS
    Mac's sells a Lot of Rubber Parts for the Mercury's

11. Randy Ferguson

Randy Ferguson

Hey Guys,

If there's enough interest, I would start making these panels. I would need patterns. This could be either an original part or a good plaster cast of an original part. Original parts are obviously better.

Let me know if there's any interest.

12. I know of a rough tail pan in the Kankakee area.

13. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

14. AugustIII

AugustIII
    from Maryland

I bought some seals from Mercuryland. Not trying to dump on them, but the seals I bought were horrible. It took forever to get them,and when I finally go them the seals were hard as a rock and sucked.

Yes...to one of your questions...Steele Rubber Products has a lot of these parts. I found them to be really really good, and if they don't have the parts, you can actually ask them about making the parts. check em out....I really think they have the best stuff.

15. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I tried to convince the company that is repopping the $750 49-50 Merc lower rear fenders to also make the ones for the 51 Merc. Was told it just wouldn't pay as it's a one year only car. Suggested I buy the 49-50 ones and rework the rear area to make it into a 51. Saw an NOS pair go for about $5k on "eekpay" about 3 years ago.

16. ems customer service

ems customer service

we are thankfull to all the guys who have bought parts from us and respect the guys who look towards us to supply parts for their cars, but the ems automotive company will not be producing parts for the 49-51 mecury.
    it does not fit into the company business plan. but we wish well to anyone who does

17. evoisevil

evoisevil

I just bought a 51 Merc and I feel your pain. I need the front half of one of the quarters and I need the lower halves of the front fenders. I've looked everywhere and all I find is fiberglass or full quarters for $850 apiece.

18. Maybe try Winfield, though with stuff like that I'd like to hear from folks who've had good experience with the sheetmetal. Otherwise it just makes sense to bite the bullet and fab/have someone fix the fenders.

19. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Great thread to save!