Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration *****Sunday Model Cars! Dec. 28th******

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Omega, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

So what did you guys get done this week?

Me? I finished my first build in almost two years! (i start alot of projects, but never finish them)

Based on a cut down AMT 1953 F100

Details are-
    Buick nailhead from tommy Ivo kit.
    Torqueflight transmission from a revell 1941 street rod.
    Seat is from AMT 1941 Ford woody-(back seat)
    Rear wheels are from Revell Merc.
    Body is a cut down 1953 Ford from AMT.
    Front caps are generic smoothie moons from AMT with Revell 1941 Chevy hubcap decals applied.

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

more photos here http://public.fotki.com/73OldsOmega/newly-completed-models/1953-ford-f100-truckster/

Build up photos here..
    http://public.fotki.com/73OldsOmega/models/1953-ford-f100-modified/

I ordered my kits for the build off! That should be fun starting!

2. chopt49

chopt49

very nice... Love the build up pics too!

3. Not quite as well done as Omega's pick-up here's my new parts chaser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. argond

argond

This is an 8th scale Willys roadster. I started with a fibreglass coupe body and removed the top and laid back the windshield. The body has had a wedge taken out of it and the cockpit surround has been molded and a wrap around dash will be added later. The fenders have been molded to the body and the headlight buckets will be laid back for custom headlights. The cowl has been sectioned and the hood has been pie cut to follow the wedge shape of the body forward. The hood sides have been molded to the front fenders.

It will ride on a scratch built Morrison style chassis.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      20 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      20.2 KB
      Views:

5. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Ooo I like that Carps! Whats the front wheels from, AMT 1934?

6. Front wheels and tyres from AMT '34 coupe and rears from AMT Deuce coupe, as is the engine, although carb & aircleaner is from my parts dept.

This one is moving along quickly and I got much of the time consuming details sorted today.

[​IMG]

With the engine plumbed and mounted a few hours running got it nice and oily, and boy those old Stromberg 94s really do leak fuel don't they?

[​IMG]

Naturally a blanket protects the 'pristine' original upholstery. The local craft store has lots of fabric that can be used to replicate a Mexican blanket. When using fabrick like this I generally glue the top of the blanket to the seat-back and then immerse the whole lot in water. While still wet the fabric can be formed to the shape of the seat or if you desires, creased or wrinkled etc. A little white glue may be used to help it stick and retain the shape. However, in this instance I used a couple of washes of water based 'oil stain' and 'mud' to give it the desired effect.

[​IMG]

As for earning it's keep, even unfinished it's surprisingly handy. Tomorrow it will be completely finished and road registered.

[​IMG]

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, tis is what I have, not much so far.
    [​IMG]

I had to unpack all of mu model gear and build myself a bench to work at first so Im a little behind in this build!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The body started off as junk perts of an AMT 5 window without a roof and a Revell 3 window roof I had. I glued them together roughly ages ago when I was bored so the fit was VERY poor. To get it to the stage in the first pic its been sectioned, narrowed, chopped and had the roof and rear cut out to make the Fuel Coupe. There is still an awful long way to go to get that body decent!
    Chassis is based on a Kellison but I had to change it when I found my plans were wrong so its now a Watson chassis!

Doc.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PS, Carps if you have any spare Hemi's there you can use the new trucks maden voyage to drop it off at my place!!

Seriously, looking for a Hemi for this build or should I use a 421 Pontiac?

Doc.

9. BiggMike

BiggMike

Very cool stuff this week fellas.

Mike

10. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

I've been a rut so i started another project :)

it'a a AWB 56 ford

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

keith

11. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

Very KOOL build!!!!

keith

12. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

SWEET!! and that bed is awsome!!

keith

13. 067chevy

067chevy

Thanks for posting. Those are incredible. Love the detail on the roaster and that garage is to cool.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is it just me or is this thread getting smaller all the time? C'mon guys there has to be some of you out there building?

15. ATOMBOMB

ATOMBOMB
    from Kentucky

Here is one that i built in a month! Just trying things out right now, doesnt look as good as youre alls!

16. ATOMBOMB

ATOMBOMB
    from Kentucky

How do u post pics on here

17. Parts chaser is done and in the garage......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. I'm kinda pleased how it turned out for a three day quickie. Some more of the details.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Gearstix

Gearstix

Guys, I don't want to frigg up your thread, but I'm interested in building these.
    Is there any places on the net where you can buy engines and wheels and stuff? I don't really want to buy a kit and rob parts from it.
    I think I will make mine outta diecast not plastic..

Looks great though.

20. Rem

Rem

That looks great, but....how does it drive? Any problems with the steering? I think your pitman arm is upside down - should point down. :)

21. Steers good, I found a NOS Aussie steering box, which when used in LHD car, works in the opposite direction, flipping the pitman arm solves the problem. My story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

22. ATOMBOMB

ATOMBOMB
    from Kentucky

Here are some pics of my 32 Ford i started building before Thanksgiving and Finished it right at Christmas Time! Hope Everyone enjoys! FrogRod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Rem

Rem

LOL! I understand that if you have a '32-'34 steering box, a '35 sector shaft does the same, although it is a half-inch shorter.

24. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Here are a couple shots. I just started modeling again, (that didnt come out right), building models again. My new converted area and a couple of the '49 merc. First one in about 30 years? Very relaxing.

Brian

Attached Files:

25. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Carps, That A came out Perfect! I have a stocker A pickup myself..half finished, I should really finish it in 2009 :) I like the pliers in the cab and that bed!

Awesome stuff all.

Yea Doc..I noticed it gets smaller every week, just about. I Think we should post in it during the week ourselves.for the hell of it :)

26. rodenvy

rodenvy
    from Vt, USA

Carps, love the parts hauler, just junky enough... Ryan, nice job on the truckster-so many little details.
    I started another one on sunday, so I gueass it's ok I'm a few days late posting it. Sectioned 41 Chev pick em up.
    [​IMG]
    Took 1/16 of an inch out from below the beltline to get the bed rail to match the belt. Took the same outa the hood and grill, lots left but it's my first time sectioning a body completely(I've pie cut before).

27. Scale 1 1/2", nice and subtle. Will you chop the top ?

28. JEPPA

JEPPA

I just keep buying kits and never finishing them. Here is my new one. It is comprised of two halves, a tail and base. It actually came with instructions. LOL! wish me luck.:rolleyes::D

[​IMG]

29. rodenvy

rodenvy
    from Vt, USA

No chop on this one, I like the look of full tops on trucks. This will be more of a east coast mild custom. Blown Pontiac 421, some nice WWW's should be it.

30. That Chevy looks cool with a slice out of it.

Hey Jeppa, the bad news is the two big halves don't fit together so well. I have one I started filling and sanding on 12 months ago and it's still not ready for paint. LOL