Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fed up with winter...where to move?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billj, Dec 20, 2008.

1. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

:confused: Why are sheep a good thing? that sounds kinky!:rolleyes:

2. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Dallas has a ton of car stuff going on all the time, and Austin is a cool town. I think everyone in Texas likes Austin, but the traffic fuckin blows, don't get in any hurry!!!!

As for Houston...I dont think there is one person in Texas that likes Houston unless they live there.

I love Arizona but don't know what it would be like to live there, or how the car scene is.

3. This is the south coast & Kangaroo Island. That land on the horizon behind my Fairmont is Australia. In Adelaide we build the G8 Pontiac and have a submarine build contract thru to 2020+.
    South Australia is copping drier skies- the worst in the world- half hour from where these were taken lies the mouth of Australia's longest river and it is an environmental disaster. But it's not all gloom- our winter lows are 8- 9 celcius. Long hot summers- 42+ celcius highs. You can see the beauty here yes?
    P.s. Knappstien Lager & Cooper's beers ( best in world- proven ) and the best wine anywhere ( proven )- most kiwis only ever taste Melbourne beer. And Melbourne's beers are queer.
    P.P.S; Antigua looks pretty crowded.
    P.P.I.S; Those folks in PA oughtta catch the bus. Bus riders are more intelligent. ( I think that's been proven too. )

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  4. old dirt tracker

old dirt tracker
    from phoenix

az has been good to me moved here in1967 from kcmo and never regetted it. dont know about the job market as i have not worked for a co. since 1974. houses are really cheap here now.yes the summer is hot, but its only 2-3 hours to the mountians.great car enviroment.drag racing winternationals, 2 nascar races, several dirt tracks, winter car auctions. come check it out.their is a reason az was the fastest growin state this last year.a nice by product besides the weather is because so many come from some where else to live here you dont have that feeling of being a outsider or any regional bias. pm me if i can be of any help.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  5. We have bikinis too. And the best racing salt flat anywhere. 90 miles long; sea level. Google D.L.R.A.

6. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Vegas.
    3 hours from El Mirage.
    4 hours from San Diego.
    4 hours from L.A.
    6 hours from Bonneville.
    4 hours from Phoenix.
    Miles and Miles from reality.
    365 days a year of motorcycle riding and hot rod weather except when hell freezes over and dumps 6" of snow. It happens every four to ten years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. jmurphy

jmurphy

That is so true. I am from Houston and would never move back. Any place in Texas is good living. San Antonio is the smallest big town you will ever see. 1.3 million people and it feels like 200,000. Good Job market and still a good housing market. We kinda have a little bubble over us when it comes to that type of stuff. Oh Yeah and Round Up is only 65 miles away!

8. skidsteer

skidsteer

Okay, you've all convinced me that in my next life, I'm gonna live in Texas, but for now, I'm going skiing (or snow-shoeing, or both). I appreciate the fact that winter comes every year around now, it forces me to take a break from thrashin on the hot rod, and go slide in the snow with the kids. My brother's barn where I keep the Plymouth is not heated, and I kind of like putting it up on jack stands, giving it all a rest, and making plans for what I'm going to do on it in the Spring. Kind of renews my enthusiasm.

9. billj

billj

If all my stuff can fall in place, I sure got alot of info. Doesn't make you feel the economy is totally f'd up also.

10. LAROKE

LAROKE

When I got up this morning, it was a bone-chillin' 68 but I'm dealing with it.

11. sololobo

sololobo

I am going to The Lone Star Roundup on a one way trip!! E-nuff already!!~Sololobo~

12. 067chevy

067chevy

Ah man, It warmed up today. I think it was 21 for the high. Seemed like summer after the last few days.

13. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

yeah what KEN said.
    I need a CNC tech in my area. The work...dune buggies and off road trucks...sheet you could make it.
    The weather....in my opinion. The greatest. We have thrown out all the shitty seasons. IE FALL and winter.
    We can get hot but its a different hot. Not the sweat your nutz off FLA humid hot. More like a nice dry heat.
    When its 72 and perfect...you almost feel weightless.
    I have lived in FLA most my life and have been doing everything to get back to SOCAL.
    Other places I have lived..va..sc..ga..ok. Co...TX..LA..Ill.
    The only place I could even consider besides SOCAL would be NC outer banks and Costa Rica.
    BTW KEN is not BSing about the house....perfect set up.

14. Orange Crate

Orange Crate

The US military says Seneca, SC is one of the top places to retire. We're 5 hours from the Ocean, an hour from the mountains and 100 miles from, yeah FROM Atlanta!

15. kustomrods

kustomrods
    from Tampa Fl.

Last March I moved from Cincinnati to Tampa to get away from the snow & grey skies, had a good job when I got here but it only lasted about 5 months...Plenty of work around here, but nobody wants to pay for your skills, they would rather give someone 10 bucks an hour and then complain that they can't find any good workers.

16. billj

billj

I heard wages are poor in Florida also but alot of people live there. How do they do it? I love the Keys.

17. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

It was 60 here last week two days later we had 20in of snow. You have to love that kinda weather. TODAY ITS 60 AGAIN AND THE SNOW IS GOEN WE HAD A WHITE CHRISTMAS.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  18. greasemunkey

greasemunkey
    from katy, TX

I second this motion

19. greasemunkey

greasemunkey
    from katy, TX

Sorry...THIS motion

20. When Adolf Hitler was convinced that he would rule the world he had some of his people research the best places to live, as he would have that choice.
    The #1 spot was San Diego, CA and the #2 was San Antonio, Texas.
    So there you go.

21. Pez

Pez

Hot Damn!!! someone tell me how to get a green card, either that or who has an export license for these :D:D

22. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

23. The friggin' cost of livin' and the goofy politics!

24. TDak

TDak
    from Oshkosh

Hey,

We're in Florida. Good weather but pretty lousy car shows. A big show here is 100 cars!! Stay put if the economy supports you. We have great car stuff up north and in the end it's about people, not weather (although the Texas pic looks pretty good!)
    Bumps

25. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

Im moving from iowa to arizona in a couple weeks. Fuck snow.

26. JRODHOTROD

JRODHOTROD
    from Manor, TX

Do not move to Texas. The food sucks. The women are hideous. "the lady above was actually from Chile, not texas, but same flag." Everyone is unemployed. It smells like shit. Its hot as hell all the time. People here have no hospitality. Despite what folks tell ya, its crowded here, worse than Nuevo York. And the smog, I wont even go there.

You gotta marry one of these for a green card:D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  27. brewsir

brewsir

Aaah...Florida...I remember taking a shower and never being able to dry off from all the damn humidity.....and everyone has a screen porch out back....I guess thats for the outrageous insects. Then ya got all those damn old retired people that can't drive for shit.....besides all that it was a lot of fun for an 18 year old kid (when drinking age was still 18)
    I almost moved to Austin a few years ago...well general area...but it just didn't work out. Maybe when I retire! Then again .....Antigua looks pretty damn inviting!

28. junkmonger

junkmonger

Austin Texas. You've got the Continental Club, Mercury Charlie, Fat Lucky's... What's not to like!

29. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

I'm with you! Winter sucks! I'm seriously considering Long Beach.

30. yeah winter sucks,I just rode the Harley to the store and had to wear a damn jacket........