Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P. Flathead Dools

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jalopy gal, Dec 28, 2008.

1. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i didnt know him , but dont need to to understand the great loss . so sorry . way to young ................................... steve

2. kenseth17

kenseth17

So sorry you lost your dad. I lost mine this past fathers day also at 62. He fought cancer for a year, shocking how quickly it can progress. Even if we argued and got under one anothers skin sometimes. Even though I had some warning and knew he was in pain and probably wouldn't make it that long, or suffers a loss at sometime in their life, it didn't make the words or losing him any easier.
    Christmas was a bit hard for me, being the first one without him, and me driving him into town to look at christmas lights the christmas before, saying it will probably be the last time he'll see them.
    The hurt will continue and tears in your eyes when something makes you think of your dad, but you will eventually be able to pick yourself up and carry on with life.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this difficult time. Remember all the good times you and your dad shared.

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'm 64...............suddenly I feel VERY old. I never had the pleasure of meeting your dad but from the posting here it was my loss. Sounds like he was the kind of father everyone should be blessed with. My condolences and prayers for those he left behind. He willl never be gone from your heart and the mere thought of him will help sustain you the rest of your life.

Frank

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

It is hard losing a parent....prayers to your family.

5. Having never met the man I feel as though I have missed out on the opportunity to form a special friendship,,,the outpouring of support from his friends is proof he was a much loved man.

You and your family are in my prayers,,, HRP

6. visor

visor
    Member Emeritus
    from Missouri

Sarah I'm so sorry. Give your mom a big hug for me.
    We all are sure going to miss him.
    I'll see you soon.
    Mike

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear this... :(
    I met your dad at Bonneville this year and he seemed like a great guy.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Malcolm

8. Mike Duffus

Mike Duffus
    from Iowa

Dools was one of the guys to show me around my first trip to Bonneville.
    Prayers and hugs to you and your mom.
    A Great Guy and a Good Friend.

Iowa Mike

9. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

my prayers for you and the family

10. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

Sending out prayers to you Sarah. I never knew your father but if he was a car guy he had to be alright!

11. Zeke

Zeke

Loss of a father is tough. I lost mine the year before my daughter was born. he would have loved her. Shit happens it's up to us to deal with it. Sorry for your loss.

12. mi novia26

mi novia26
    from Montclair

sorry for your loss,and my deepest condolens to you and your family. que dioes lo vendia.( may god blees him)

13. Dear Sara... sorry to hear of your loss...

I loved meeting your father and hearing about him helping you with the coupe when we were at the HAMB Drags... and I thought... Dad must be proud of his Little Girl!

He still is proud of his Little Girl... and your smile says it all... you're proud of your Daddy...!

God speed Dave...!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  14. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Sarah:

Words fail me, Bonneville and HAMB drags, Hunnert, the Nats. All of these will seem a lot emptier now, I will miss shooting the breeze with Dave and picking his brain for his flatty knowledge. I'm sure he is watching this from above and should be very proud of the memories that he has left for us to share.

God Speed David, the salt won't be the same.

B:(B

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am sorry for your loss. Im also sorry I dont have anything to say that can make it all better. Loosing a loved one is hard but keep your head up.
    Doc.

16. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

sorry to hear of your loss

17. Kustm52

Kustm52

My condolences to you and your family in this time of loss...

Brian

18. pool

pool

Sarah, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your mom. Your dad was one of the most genuine good guys I've ever known, always there with a helping hand or a good story. If you or your mom need anything I'm just a call away. Jeff.

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm in shock, and so sadden by the news. My condolences to his family and many, many friends. He was a great guy and special hot rod pal. We hit it off the minute we met and spent many hours sitting around chatting hot rods and teasing each other over life stuff. He certainly is going to be missed by many.:(

This year at B'ville
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

First row, far left
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  20. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'm so sorry to hear this. Your dad was the real deal. It was always nice chatting with him when our paths crossed. We had a great conversion about my Rajo head this year at Bonneville, he held so much hot rod knowledge! I'm sure he will be missed by many :(

21. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

So sorry for your loss. The physical being is gone, but the spiritual and the memories will always be with you.

22. atch

atch

Dave's funeral will be Wednesday at 1:00 @ Mount Pleasant Cemetery. Hopefully link1 or link2 will get you a map of how to get there. Arrive approximately 12:45 and drive a hot rod. Dress casual; jeans & car shirt. That's the way Dave would want it. Let's send him off well. He would do the same for us.

Sarah, I'm just a phone call away if you need or want anything.

Attached Files:

23. Ole don

Ole don

As to the wishes of the family, memorials can be sent to Save the Salt, Russ Eyres
    3673 Millikin Ave. San Diego CA. 92122

My check will be in the mail after pay day.

24. 41 Dave

41 Dave

It is such a loss for your family. It is very sudden and unexpected. I wish I had got to know your dad. He sounds to be one cool hot rodder ! Our prayers are with you and your family.

41 Dave

25. I want to say a huge thank you to all who have sent their condolences, thoughts and prayers. My family and I are doing as good as can be expected. It comes and goes. We find ourselves joking about him, then crying, then griping, then crying some more and then joking some more. It's going to be a long road but we'll pull through. We have soooo many things to take care of and my hard part will be his garage. So many memories for me in there.
    As long as there will be people out there hot roddin around the streets, his memory (and many others) will live on forever. Thank you again everyone.

26. My condolences...never met your Pop but he sounded like a really cool guy...may he Rest in Peace

27. atch

atch

28. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Dave travelled to Australia many times to attend the Annual speed week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia.
    Dave loved Australia and I think every Australian that met Dave loved him.
    Here's a shot of Dave standing in front of our ol race car on one of his trips.
    Geoff aa whodaky
    [​IMG]

29. BinderRod

BinderRod

I will be there in my hot rod

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

God, I am truly sorry that your family lost your father at such an early age. I lost my father almost 2 years ago and I still find myself in disbelief. Keep joking it's the only thing that kept me sane. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.