Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What was your best moment in 2008

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4HawkRod, Dec 27, 2008.

1. my list is short
    one... getting thru it !
    we have had 8 funerals (2 the same day and time )this year
    .....spent 175 of 365 days in hospitals or Dr's offices or E/R's and then watching 5 grand kids 5 and under for another 80+ or so but who's keeping track...
    two... i received a Tardell duece grill clock from the naybor for xmas and it was just the perfect unexpected thing(really brought a tear to my eye)......we did not see much of each other this year.
    i do need to spend more time with my 32 projects a great reminder.

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

The morning back in the spring when I was eating breakfast at my favorite table in the cafe with all my pals and my good friend Cuzzindeke hands me a scrap piece of paper that said "hemi engines for sale, must take all". Had a phone number on it and I called it.........

3. timmy t

timmy t

Went to the Goodguys Colorado show and got the terrific T, and Street Rodder top 100 pic (what a trophy whore).But the real fun was hanging out with all of our Black Hills HOT ROD buddies.

4. Being blessed to be around to witness the birth of Veda, my grandaughter. :)

There have been a lot of other things but they just don't rate that high on the list.HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  5. MLK

MLK

Lots of little things I would have taken for granted in the past.

The two (actually several) biggest things, was being told I was cancer free and all of my CT scans have so far been clear.

Mike

6. 54BOMB

54BOMB

The birth of our baby girl , 2.26.08 and getting a model A coupe. Two things that have really put me in a different direction from 2007.

7. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Had to be at 12:30 p.m. October 16th. That's when I was released from St. Joe's Hospital, a short 62 hours after being life-flighted in with a heart attack.
    Won't forget that moment!

Another highlight, which happened a couple weeks prior, was running 6.98 @ 189. My first trip into the 6's

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  8. Lucky77

Lucky77

March 6th. move in day at Autorama. In the basement of Cobo Hall we rolled my barely finished, untested sedan off the trailer. I got in, fired it up and it moved under it's own power for the first time. I set off all the alarms in the tuner section, and Kirk Hanning put it best when he said I needed a plastic surgeon to get the smile off my face. Later that day, the guys in the Nightmares welcomed me into the club. Plus fab32 and FuelPump were there to see me enjoying results of my hard work that they had such a big hand in. I'd have to say that whole day was my best memory for 2008.

After that, any time I jumped in my hot rod even if it was just to get groceries was the best day of my life:D

9. rusty48

rusty48

Still being alive after having cancer,seeing my oldest graduate high school and start at UNC,driving my old junk !

10. slammed

slammed

Putting the Impala on the road (finally) driving it all summer, and making the road trip to the '08 Pile Up! And meeting some of you on the way..........

11. Getting my roadster on the road and taking it to speed week, starting on my B-Ville car chassis, picking up a new sponsor, (Social Security).:D

12. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

13. Celebrated 45 years of marriage today to a lady that I will never figure out why she has put up with me.
    Later,
    Dick

14. the birth of my daughter Ella on 08-22-08

15. norms30a

norms30a

No. 1 is, Watching my 8 yr. old girl grow.
    No. 2 is, Dragging home an A coupe project.
    No. 3 is, Being told about the HAMB.

16. Making it to Mokan and Beating Buzzard by .002 of a second after watching him from behind for 3/4 of the track...! (The win calculated out to 2 feet ahead of him at the finish line!)

But the next biggest thrill of 2008 was finally hooking up for an 11.71 @ 119.96 mph

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  17. Finishing my Sr Dragster project and racing it at Shannonville

Attached Files:

18. bolty

bolty

Joining the H.A.M.B!!!!! also going frome Detroit Autorama to Gusoline ally to Canada using only our driver's license.

19. skyrodder

skyrodder

making it to the Lonestar Roundup in my ride....

20. Paul2748

Paul2748

Completing (both ways) a cross country trip in my unrestored 56 Bird without any problems. Great scenery and those mountains - WOW

21. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

joining the HAMB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! steve

22. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

#2 Driving my car from my home just outside St. Louis to the Springfield swap meet and the HAMB Drags, making four hard launch passes (slow times but it'll be way better next time) and driving all the way home with no broken parts just a little running out of gas issue-funny story.

#1 When my girls and I were making their Powder Puff derby cars for Girl Scouts and they said "this is really a lot of fun working in the garage with you dad", That made my year.

Marty McFly

23. senior fried

senior fried

Hands down , winning @ the HAMB Drags ! :D

Attached Files:

24. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

After 39 years, deciding it was time to find out who my biological mother is. After not thinking about it really hard all these years, it was tough to take the 30 pages of info on my adoption process. She has completed and released all of the paperwork allowing me to know her information/location. So, hopefully we can meet for the first time within the month!

25. Mike53

Mike53

The day my child support ended!

26. metalman

metalman

Kinda a toss up between buying a new house, smaller BUT paid for, (Yea, no morgage!) and being able to close the shop to customers. Now I can build hot rods I like instead of street rods the customer likes. I guess it's called retirement but I'm working harder then ever it seems, lot more fun thou!

27. PurplePearl50

PurplePearl50
    from Sedalia,Mo

backing my 50 out of the garage after the chop was done and driving it to town with no glass. First drive that it had made since Bill Hines and Brad Masterson worked their magic on the ol girl.

Driving it to Greaserama in KC. Had a blast even though we got lost every night.

Decided to take a 48 cab my Dad gave me and grow some balls and section it. Started on it two weeks ago Friday and the section on the cab is almost welded up. I have been taking it slow tring to to a damn good job on it. For all the guys that have sectioned things hats off to you.

Dane

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

Got a great 30 Ford coupe body from Coopsdaddy... drove all the way from SLC to OK to get it. That was great but the best was on December 26, Rockefeller Center in NYC @ 11:50 AM I proposed on the ice and my girlfriend became my fiancee.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  29. S.F.

S.F.

Finally dragging home my roadster after 6 years of trying to get it.

30. saints

saints

my dad turning me from a 90's mustang drag racing punk kid to a lover of all things hotrod and now my addiction of finding them in the back of peoples property's and making them mine to restore......currently im up to 4 cars on the side of my house(2009 needs to bring me a bigger garage)