Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT Autobody man In Southern California.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Demon_Jeff_71, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Demon_Jeff_71

Demon_Jeff_71

Hello, I am new to the Hamb and I am looking for someone to do some sheet metal work and rust removal and body work on my 1971 Dodge Demon. The lower quarters wheel lips are about it for rust and it is mostly dent free. I want to get it ready and primed and get the rust out as soon as possible. Feel free to call at 775-772-4926. I am located in Oceanside, CA and am willing to travel to the south county San Diego area and possibly around the LA area also.

Thanks

2. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Jeff , I probably should just let this fall off the board with 0 replies. I see you may be a Military man and I can forgive a soldier of almost anything .Please read some more posts and BS and get an idea what happens here. although we drive later model cars they do not get any attention on this board. Traditional Hot Rods from the 40,50,and 60's are what everyone is interested in.
    Merry Xmas

If you are a soldier THANKS for your service ,You have my respect.

3. Demon_Jeff_71

Demon_Jeff_71

I understand that this site is based on and for hot rod style cars and I enjoy hot rods myself as much as the next guy. I want to built an old Dodge Roadster if I can find one for a decent price. However I have seen some of the body work that has been done on custom fabrication on hot rods and metal finishing and everything of the sort. In that sense I know that hot rod people are the best people to find to do metal finishing because I dont want a car full of bondo. My best friend is a regular of this site who has been around for a while and he is the one that suggested I try here to find someone to do the work. Also knowing that hot rodding and drag racing are largely originated from the Southern California area I thought this would be a good place to look. I am in fact a Marine and I appreciate your support. There are too many people now days that dont understand and appreciate the cost of all of their freedoms.

Thanks

Jeff

4. Hey Jeff, I would be glad to help but I am about 2 1/2 hours north of ya, We are a bunch of Mopar people and have a few of the A bodies of our own and also have quite a few parts layin around.

5. conceptfab

conceptfab

Hi, I am not in SoCal, but could do with your car what you need done. I am in a little military town in Az and I give military discounts. Pm me with what is needed. Thanks!

6. Demon_Jeff_71

Demon_Jeff_71

I wanted to post some pictures of exactly what is needing to be done on my car and everything. It is nothing ridiculous so I dont think it will be horrible I just want to get it done as soon as possible so the cancer does not spread.

Thanks

Jeff

Attached Files:

7. Jeff, A friend of mine has a very clean one he is selling and it would be a lot cheaper than fixing yours, another option for ya. sent ya a pm also.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  8. just sent a PM with a friend's number that did a 70 Duster for my shop. he's Orange County.

9. conceptfab

conceptfab

Yep you got some rust, buddy. X2 on what rodhotz said. But sometimes we have memories in a car and we want that one. What do you want as far as a total outcome of the car? Street car, race car, cruiser? Wild graphics, modern take on the original, factory paint? Mopars knew what the hotrodders were going to do with those cars and they left plenty of room in the rear for wide tires, so that's a given.

10. KidAgain

KidAgain

Hey Jeff,
    Try Bodywerks by Jerry in Ramona. It's a professional shop so expect to spend so $, but his guys did a nice job on my 55 Chevy 210.