Register now to get rid of these ads!

Don't you love it when parts are better than you thought?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Psychoholic, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Psychoholic

Psychoholic

So I thought I had a '68 472 from a hearse in my basement that I have been contemplating putting in my '51 Buick Roadmaster (straight 8 is cool, but lets be honest, it's a freakin boat anchor) - I went down there to get the casting numbers from the heads, crank and block and it turns out to be out of a '70 with the 950 (non-smog) casting heads. Went through a few bins of extra parts and I think I have almost everything to put the motor together (minus some odds and ends).

Looks like it's off to the machine shop to get cleaned up and take an inventory of what I'm going to need to get this thing running.

2. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Sweet bro. Lets see some pics of the buick.

3. Psychoholic

Psychoholic

4. You mean like when I bought a 9 inch pumpkin to get the 28 spline spool out of it and found a Detroit Locker instead?

5. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

never had that feeling...most of the time the shit i buy is always worse than i thought...

6. oldsman71

oldsman71

I took this 350 chevy in as a core,I ran it she had good oil presser and it sounded stock but ok, to make a long story short I put it in my motorless
    racecar (old turd body gutted with a cage one seat stock t-350 with a 3.08
    rear with a mini spool and old i.m.c.a tires) first run was 14.25 with timing
    and a little carb adj dropped to 13.86! nothing super but thats with a cast
    iron Q jet intake ,1406 edelbrock, cast iron exaust manifolds a couple of short
    exaust pipes. later i freshened it up it had a good set of 441 casting heads and flat top forged pistons the cam had no part #s but had .300 lift at the lobe. still in my daily driver today! nothing super but im getting some use out of the old turd!