Register now to get rid of these ads!

havent posted in a while. Here is my truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustumizer, Dec 18, 2008.

1. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

Got it on the road in June, not done yet still alot of little things to do on it. Over the winter im hoping to lower the whole truck 3 inches or so and finish the hood for it. Nate

Attached Files:

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks good, man. Personally, I wouldn't cover that engine with a hood. Looks sweet.

3. COS

COS
    from KCMO

That is a great looking rig!! Keep us posted!!

-COS

4. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

5. 4tford

4tford

I think the ride height looks good.

6. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

Great truck, I'd love to have it

7. nikdoestattoos

nikdoestattoos

Deffintly cool.but i wouldnt run the hood.Thats just me.

8. MISTERD

MISTERD

Super truck! Glad to see another powered by Ford.:)

9. Mopar34

Mopar34

Hey, that's a really sweet looking little truck.:cool: I'd be proud to have that in my garage anyday. Of course that would be where it would stay, because it appears to be a tad bit small for my big butt.:eek::(

10. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

thanks for all the comments. I am just planning on making a one piece top hood for it no sides, its make the look of the truck flow alot better and if i dont feel like running it i will just run with out it. I still have to do the interior and alot of of little things. Nate

Attached Files:

11. HotRod33

HotRod33

Great looking truck .....I like the hood top idea.....I am going to do the same thing on mine,,,,,,,,

12. Fiddytree

Fiddytree
    from Durango

Sweet stuff, Nate!

Want to share the goodies list? tranny, steering, brakes and stuff?

Fiddytree

13. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

I agree, no hood looks killer.

14. Skimmer

Skimmer

15. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

I will post more about the truck eithier tommorow or teusday, just got done from 14 ours of plowing and have to go back out in a couple hours, so im going to bed.. Nate

16. art.resi

art.resi

dito

17. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

here is a paragraph I had typed up when I was going to sell the truck instead of retyping everything.
    Well, I bought the truck on may of 2007, it was a running, driving truck. In october I took the truck to Dave husson in Alton. He took the truck completly apart and went thru everything.The body is chopped 3.5 inches and extended in the back 4 inches for more leg room. All of the truck is steel, and the bed is a handmade bed. The running boards are spray on bedliner and The color is porsche red. There are your normal patch panels on the doors, but other than that is a sokid truck for 78 years old. I would not say the bodywork and paint job is a 100 point show car deal, but good for a driving hot rod.
    The front of the frame is a model a that is fully boxed with mustang 2 front suspension(All Brand New). It does have front disc brakes, and rear drum brakes. The rear of the frame is im pretty sure from a toyota with a 80's bronco rear end(not posi). There is a 15 gallon aluminum fuel cell underneath in the rear. All the tires and rims and caps only have right arounf 750 miles on them. It has a brand new 32 ford grill and insert, with a brand new radiator and electric fan.
    The engine is a fresh rebuild with 750 miles on the 302 ford, bored .30 over with a crane cam , the heads are from a 289 with 3 angle valve job, ported, polished, small block chevy valves, roller rockers, everything in the heads are new. new intake with a 750 holley carb. New accell distributor and coil. New polished aluminum alternator, and march high perf. pulleys. With lake style headers that you can take the caps off and run open headers or run the underneath exhaust, which is glasspacks and turn down tips. The transmission is c4 that was rebuilt in july of last year with a lokar shifter.
    The interior has a dodge caravan seat. The interior has been completly insulated. It has a new painless wiring harness, new flaming river steering columun, u joints and steering rack. New 1940 ford steering wheel. New ron francis switches in new 32 ford dash, there is also a swicth underneath the dash for a fuel pump shutoff. New autometer gauges with engine turned dash panel. New kenwood cd player with new pioneer speakers. All the glass is in good shape.The truck is manual steering with manual brakes. The truck goes straight down the road and stops like a dime. Nate

Attached Files:

18. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

19. Vergil

Vergil

Very nice!!!!!!

20. tigerShark

tigerShark
    from Tampa Bay

GREAT looking truck but i would run some different valve covers. GREAT looking truck!

21. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

nice truck. good to see you back on here.

22. A-Bomb

A-Bomb

Love the truck ! Lakes pipes look great with full fenders. Put some sort of 60s style air cleaner/scoop on it and leave off the hood. Or Like you said, A hood top--FULL OF LOUVERS !!

23. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Real nice job, Nate...awesome P/U!:cool:
    I like your idea of lowering it 3" and the hood, that'll give it a totally different look. Make sure you post some updates when you make some more progress.

24. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Crap! A Ford IN a FORD! :thumbsup:

Nice looking ride and I bet it hauls ass with the correct engine in it!!

25. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

That is definitely a very nice, clean truck. Keep us posted, I think it will still look really good as long as you don't use hood sides.

26. oldsman71

oldsman71

looks sweet!!!

27. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

Thanks for all the comments. I am a ford guy and I didnt want a chevy engine and wanted the dependabilty of a newer motor. I am planning on changing the valve covers and air cleaner, but Ive looked and I cant find finned valve covers that will clear roller rockers for a ford. I am also planning on loading the hood with louvers, but during the winter months my money supply if low since I only plow during the winter so I am waiting to find some old locker doors or heating system doors to steal the louvers out of. Here is a picture of the truck when I bought it. Thanks Nate

Attached Files: