Register now to get rid of these ads!

Live from arkansas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by jersey kid, Dec 18, 2008.

1. jersey kid

jersey kid
    from arkansas

Been here about 3yrs. very slow pace, I guess I'm used to the city. I've been told I talk to fast(a few times) But over all it's o.k., I've started a trailer business doing fine in these tough times. About 3yrs. ago I bought a 54 chevy P/U 3100. Nice truck good body, would love to make a hotrod out of it, just get so busy with the trailers, But being a welder really help's out. so far put new floor pans in,welded teardrops back of bed, covered pockets in bed, rebuilt rearend, new bearings, new brakes, rebuilt head, but a hotrod is a horse of another color, had plenty of people offer me a $1000.00 dollars for it, just people seeing it an stopping by. I don't under-stand its not a rust bucket.(that's right I'm in arkansas) I've had guys that own body shops offer me $5000.00, I felt a little better!!! It's hard to sell.
    I have alot to learn about building a hotrod. With your help I'm sure I can.
    THANK YOU!!! (KOOL)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  2. HotRod33

HotRod33

Welcome to the hamb from st louis.....old trucks rule.....

3. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

4. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

5. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

Welcome from Conway... where in AR are you... there are a bunch of us in central AR...

6. Krylon King

Krylon King

Welcome from Georgia.

7. jersey kid

jersey kid
    from arkansas

Dardanelle (The only thing I'm missing here is a rocking chair things move pretty slow)

8. jersey kid

jersey kid
    from arkansas

Dardanelle, all I need is a rocking chair things move pretty slow!

9. jersey kid

jersey kid
    from arkansas

Thank You from arkansas

10. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

Check out the Arkansas Hamber's group... click the link below in my signature...

11. Welcome to the HAMB ! That is a beautiful valley, glad to hear things are going well.

My folks retired to Russellville in '82 (they're both gone now). Virtually all my wifes family live in and around Pope and Yell counties.