Register now to get rid of these ads!

the guys from illinois

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by srdart67, Dec 16, 2008.

1. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Freeport here, there are probably 5 or 6 HAMBers from the Freeport area. Gene

2. Well I'm in Tennessee but my wife is from Oswego/Montgomery/Boulder Hill area due west of Chicago. We're on our way up next week to visit her family for Christmas. I'm always bored as hell every time we go there-no body to talk cars with. Anybody have anything going on next week close by that I can slip away to?

3. I'm in that sliver of land between Rockford and New Milford

4. I'm near Addison and Cicero. Around the corner from the Chevy Shop, which is struggling to keep the lights on. Razbo and Roger have been there since '68. I'm going to do a photo-shoot next week with some old pics, too. These guys need business. They sell and rebuild new and rebuilt sbc and bbc stuff, usually cheaper than Sumshit and no shipping charges. Best price on crate motors, too. And, if you're unhappy you can throw the stuff back through the windows. Cash talks. They have some old racing parts, too.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  5. You're about an hour away from the SW Chicago HAMB & Egger's breakfast. It starts at 7:00am so you gotta be an early riser...it's never boring! It's at Chuck's BBQ at 79th and Central, Burbank.

6. 55_nail

55_nail

I am in Peoria...there are afew of us around these parts. I will be attending the hot rod 101 class this winter...looking forward to checking out the shop and meeting some new folks.

7. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

I'm from Fairbury in central Illinois. I guess the closest breakfast around for us would be Farmer City, maybe we'll try to make it sometime.

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

<TABLE class=tborder id=post3398736 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid" width=175>TudorJeff<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3398736", true); </SCRIPT>
    Alliance Member

[​IMG]

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_3398736 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Re: the guys from illinois
    <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Django [​IMG]

Jeff, the 13,000 people at the Pileup comment is priceless! Hahahaha! :D

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Hell, I figured make 1 friend out of 13,000 people.. even Breeder could do that! :p
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    My project:
    http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...eff/?start=all
    <!-- / sig --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid">[​IMG] [​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls -->[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <!-- / controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- post 3398736 popup menu -->
    <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>TudorJeff</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>View Public Profile</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Send a private message to TudorJeff</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Send email to TudorJeff</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Find More Posts by TudorJeff</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Add TudorJeff to Your Contacts</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <!-- / post 3398736 popup menu -->

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #3398736 --><!-- post #3398769 --><!-- open content container -->
    <!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post3398769 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->[​IMG] Yesterday, 04:34 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid" align=right> #52 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid" width=175>Django<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3398769", true); </SCRIPT>
    Alliance Member

[​IMG]

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_3398769 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Re: the guys from illinois
    <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Yeah, but that is offset by how many people he pisses off. ;) Hahaha! :D
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Hot Rod Hucksters . Chrome Czars Motor Club . Hot Rod Chassis & Cycle and
    Victory Speed Equipment
    <!-- / sig --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    smart asses~! :)

9. 59 flamezz

59 flamezz

Streator here, 14 miles south of Ottawa off of Interstate 80. Worth the drive...

10. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

11. Nitrosquid

Nitrosquid

I'm in Fox Lake, but I share a little workshop with Kantgetnun in Round Lake. Feel free to hit me up, gonna be living in the garage this winter...I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

12. Zurekbrau

Zurekbrau

I would be up for a NW HAMB breakfast.

13. Mr Grim

Mr Grim
    from Chicago,IL

streamwood here I've got elgin on one side and schaumburg on the other

14. power58

power58

Sandwich-Somonauk area, 30 min from Ottawa. 30 min. from Oswego. 45 min. from Dekalb. It's not the end of the world , but you can see it from here.

15. A Boner

A Boner

Lions Hot Rods is in McHenry!

16. Hey neighbor! I'm next door in Crystal Lake, IL. My friend JET DOC is in Woodstock. We've got a hemi '31 tudor coming together at my house and tomorrow night JET DOCs '26 T coupe is gettin a 6" haircut. Plenty of action right here in McHenry County. PM me for a garage tour.

17. dynamic88

dynamic88
    from Chicago

In Jefferson Park, northwest side of Chicago! The last Chrome Czar who actually resides within the city limits!

18. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

My wifes from Oswego/Boulder Hill. Like Oldbobsign said, join us for SW Chicago HAMB and Eggs.Saturday the 27th at 7am. About 45 minutes to an hour from Oswego. Have breakfast at the old resturant in little downtown Oswego, full of memorabilia from the drag strip, its cheap too.Take a cruise[20 minutes] to Plainfield and check out Midwest Hot Rods if theyre open over the holidays. Bring hats and gloves. Cold up here.

19. ROADSTERJEFF

ROADSTERJEFF

Does any buddy know this car and the history of it! i got it in Zion Ill.
    Jeff

Attached Files:

• t.jpg
      t.jpg
      File size:
      133.6 KB
      Views:
  20. hotrod34

hotrod34

South Elgin Here.

21. bluestang67

bluestang67

I can see the lights from Chicago Land Speedway . Just south east of it off Laraway rd .

22. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

Jeez..pretty close to me. I'm off of rt. 52 in the sub division next to the christian youth center.

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

FYI, the previously mentioned holiday party/open house at our shop got postponed to this coming Thursday, Jan 8.

24. ...I'm just south of the famous Zettle Bros. Speed Shop.(Forreston. Il.)..I'm in Polo, Illinois.

25. magnet

magnet

Streamwood here... seems to be a fair amount of hambers in the NW chicago burbs... we should get together and grill out one day when it gets above freezin.

26. nickeynova

nickeynova
    from texas.

in the wounderful town of joliet.

27. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

I'm currently in the hell-hole known as lemont IL

28. 187 speed

187 speed
    from central Il

I'm about two and a half hours south of chicago in the middle of a cornfield!!!! (Bement) There is usually some hot rod related activity going on either in my garage or over at Plowboys!!!

29. Juztyn00

Juztyn00

I'm only about 5 and half hours south of Chicago... I'm south of the cornfields at least.

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

OHH. like first week of may????:eek::D

its balmy today here though.....45 and no wind!!!! yippie!!!!