Register now to get rid of these ads!

I hate the cold!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HR Classic Cars, Dec 16, 2008.

1. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

Working on the '50 F1 today, finally cutting out the original floors, I'm in the garage, got everything ready to go, compressor finally shuts off so I know I have enough air to cut the whole floor with the plasma cutter.

Start cutting, about 12" into the work and the plasma cutter stops, blinking air light.. not enough pressure.. I check my pressure gauge inside, it's at about 60psi. So I listen for the compressor, no noise coming from the compressor house outside.. weird. I go outside, the pressure gauge on the compressor is at 140psi, almost full tanks.. that's weird.
    Then I check the dehumidifier, it's frozen solid!!!!

I know you people up north must have this problem all the time, but I'm in Texas, it doesn't get cold up here.. I want to work on my car, not on my tools.

Sorry just venting.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Happened at work yesterday, that and found out the F-250 didnt have antifreeze

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Naw, we never have those kind of problems...and it was only 19 below this morn here in ColoRODo...you should be so lucky...!!!

R-

4. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Dude, the high was 7 here yesterday! 7!!!! And now we are getting 7+ inches of snow. Don't even get me started on the windchill........ jeez, count your blessings.

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

surf's up here in cali today too and my son isn't digg'n it.

[​IMG]

6. PoPo

PoPo

two words:
    HEATED GARAGE

7. 067chevy

067chevy

Yeah, yesterday was -9 and the wind was blowing like hell made it about -36 with the wind chill. Now that freaking cold.

8. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Ya it gets cold in Texas.... Especially in the winter... Must get down to 40*

-7 for the high in Minneapolis.... -15 last night... Looks like we will hit 0 as soon as Wednesday ..

9. camargma

camargma

snow coming into the garage. wont be working on the car anytime soon... :(

10. gearjammer

gearjammer
    from Montana

25 below here in Montana...high today was only 4 below..going down again! Time to install a block heater in the coop...but where do I hang the ugly plug....:p

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it was 50 or so yesterday and that would have been cold enough to keep me from working in the shop if not for the fact that I am putting a clutch in my daily driver.

had to do it so I did. won't work on anything fun when it gets below 60. I don't know how you guys who live in the cold can do it.

12. 067chevy

067chevy

That just ain't right.

13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I agree 100% with 49ratfink. You see that snow above don't you? :D As 49ratfink said - too cold. I need to fix some clutch pedals on one of my trucks and just can't bring myself to do it. 40-50 around here may as well be 20 below.

14. We had freezing rain last night. Everything is covered with 1/2" of ice. And it is still well below freezing. The main roads are open but I live a mile down a country road. Only vehicle I have seen so far today has been a four wheeler pulling kids on a sled. Bet the mailman is at home right now reading my new Rod & Custom.

15. Flatman

Flatman

It's below freezing in my garage, but the snowblower needs fixing....

Flatman

16. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

Actually got down to low 20's last night, yesterday was 37F with 40 mph winds.. ouch.
    Today freezing rain and high 20's.

I'm in Texas, three words: Air Conditioned Garage

17. Man, you need to grow some stones. Anything above freezing is damn near t-shirt weather up here in Canukistan.

18. We had a heat wave the last two days but today it's back to low 20's and dropping for the night.

19. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Well its 54 and Raining, that means we got it worse. Can't do nothing here.

20. 50 thats damn near tropical

21. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

When it's 70/80 here in the winter, I wish for 20's weather (a week at least). I'm from mn and there's something about it, if your prepared.

22. Lucky77

Lucky77

I went and had lunch with fab32 and FuelPump today. The roads were dry so I decided to take the old Triumph for a spin. It was fourteen degrees with a windchill of seven above. Open face helmet, no farring or windshield. To say it was "stupid cold" doesn't even begin to describe it.:D

23. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Ask any of the guys from the Suedes CC what cold is... Up North they know what cold is... I'm in the cities, where they dream about weather like ours...

24. PoPo

PoPo

I got that too if needed.. all 4 seasons make for extremes in both aspects

25. and THAT is why I live in Houston.........................no ice, never very cold, and no f---ing snow. Move dude,,,move

26. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I thought it snowed in Houston just the other day?

27. nikdoestattoos

nikdoestattoos

It was hailing today then snow a bit.I was outside in that playing with my car...well in the garage but still cold and im to poor to have a heated garage.

28. chaddilac

chaddilac

Uhhhggg, I hate it too!!

29. senior fried

senior fried

It did ,crazy weather here in Texas , in the teens today ,70's coming this Thursday. Thats why we can have the Texas Thaw in Feb.:D in the meantime stay warm...

Attached Files:

30. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Yes, yesterday it was ZERO here on the east side, I put on my long-handles, 4 layers/shirt/sweater/vest/coat/bunny boots/muffler and headed out to the garage. Came beer time, I popped a top, one swig, then did some more work. Went back to finish off the beer and it was congealed in the bottle, had to put a heat lamp to it! :eek: