Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you like about your car that upsets others

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turdytoo, Dec 8, 2008.

1. That it's a 4-door with a six in it, and by god it's staying that way.

2. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

That it is a 4 door

3. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

That its a 48 Chevy Fleetline Aerosedan (fast back?), but it ain't a Low Rider.
    "Why'd ya take all that chrome off?"

The reason I didn't ask everybody how to do this car is cause I don't give a shit if THEY like it. I do.

4. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

The paint.
    Just yeaterday in the grocery store parking lot. Lady wants to know when I'll be "finished with the restoration on the model A". I gave her the idiot treatment, "What do you mean?" She said "What color are you going to paint it?"
    She was amazed when I explained that it ain't a model A, and ain't repainting until it needs it. :D

Attached Files:

5. Is your Holley pump mounted to the floor?
    Or chassis?
    Floors make great sounding boards.

Mines on the chassis with the factory rubber mounts.
    You can hear it, but it's not very noticeable.

Pipes end just past the rear axle, but they go underneath the axle.
    The lack of a trunk floor just above the pipes and the fact that they're spaced down a ways probably helps in the drone dept.

6. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

I like my Roadster because it is different than most, and some choice people on here hate it....LOL, but I didn't build it for them
    100_0754.jpg

7. My Studie is a mordor and that invites comments, but.....Studebaker in their post war cars used a heavier gauge steel for the fordor frames than they did for the tudor frames, go figure. For me it means less twist when I stand on the loud pedal!

8. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

The lack of exhaust + "TEXAS SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF" = Funny Shit!

Marty McF.

9. jpaull

jpaull

10. jpaull

jpaull

This is my favorite comment!!

11. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Me having fun always pisses people off!!!.....And aparently a number of safety violations and the YOM licence plates according to the police

Other than that everything is changing to Straight 100% traditional, hell i'm junking the 350 for a 301!!

12. Give up - everybody has an opinion, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink. I like my car as it is or, I'm planning to change what I dont like. It's MY car.

13. nikdoestattoos

nikdoestattoos

Fuck what people say.Its one thing to give opions and ideas but shit talking is stupid.I dont care what people think about my car.

14. I get the "raised eyebrow" looks because of the Iron Duke 4-banger. The younger Camaro and Mustang types ask, "Why don't you put a big block in that thing ?" Hell...I love the little motor, especially the sound. The fuel mileage ain't too bad either. :)

15. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

i like it when people ask me where my bed is and why i would leave open frame rails. i say look closer:Dcan you weld like that???

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I live in a neighborhood full of Donks and Ricers. When I used to roll through with my hot rod, it messed up their heads. Some kinda had an idea of what it was, but for the most part they just looked and stared. Every once in a while a ricer would try me and I'd shut him down. back when gas was $4.00 a gallon, an old lady asked me what kind of mileage I got!? I told her it wasn't built for mileage, it was built for fun. Somehow, I don't think she got it, but then, like a lot of "sheep", she probably never will.

Nothin' and I mean NOTHIN' beats cruising a hot rod in a world of cookie cutter, sheep mobiles.

17. Slick Steve

Slick Steve
    from Indy

Awsome!

18. Slick Steve

Slick Steve
    from Indy

Bad Ass car!!! I love it!

19. the b.c.b.

the b.c.b.

4 doors, done in primer (temporary), bad/missing chrome, lack of decent interior, 235 (and no plans for EFI or 700R4), and now my new lettering (which I did from inside the car after I got robbed)
    [​IMG]
    (Well, I can't practice on your car)

20. My favorite part is what pisses most of you guys around here off the most. My Oliver tractor grill!!

[​IMG]

21. Fiddytree

Fiddytree
    from Durango

What do I like about my truck that upsets others?

Cutouts. Electric cutouts.

I usually "warm up" and "tune" in front of the house that wanted more speed bumps.

22. greendream

greendream

4-door, air ride, stock wheels, I guess there is a lot... oh well, I don't care.

23. sun down

sun down
    from tx

It is paid for..

24. 'Gee, why don't you put a small block Chevyin that thing and make it a real car."
    (about my 53 studebaker starlight coupe with champ 6 cyl., my 50 Ford business coupe and 53 Ford sedan delivery both with flatheads and my 49 Studebaker truck, again with a flathead 6)

25. Also, when I am in my 60 El Camino, they ask how can you drive that on the street, arent you worried, All the while they are in their AMG Mercedes that cost 3 times as much.

26. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

First That Oliver Grill is So Bitchin!!

and i like that Mines a Truck and not a car...plus its an ugly ol' gal to boot(depending on who your talking to)

27. I like everything on my car, or I change it. Don't really give a rats ass what everybody else thinks, it's not everybody elses car.

28. H3O

H3O

now it's pretty much that i drive it everywhere and that i'm not afraid to drive it. only thing i can agree with them is it needs cupholders.

29. Love it!:D
    With mine I guess it would have to be the extra set of doors (4 door). Some don't like 4 doors, but I don't really give a shit what other people like:cool:

30. No one likes the fact that it's too new.
    They love it at Corvette runs and Cruzin for a Cure. :D