Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration NEW Hot Rod ART book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeem, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

....Masters of Chicken Scratch

Dwayne Vance, hot rod art guy and Hot Wheels designer has written and produced a book about, yep, HOT ROD ART. Can't wait to peruse the contents in my own grubby hands! Check out the website.....
    www.hotrodartbook.com

Dwayne's art is featured as well as Brian Stupski, Randy Ricklefs, John Bell, Eric Brockmeyer, Michael Miernik, Max Grundy, Jimmy Smith, James Owens, Justin Chin, Thom Taylor, Larry Wood and Steve Stanford!

If you feel you MUST HAVE a copy, order on the site above, or find the book at the GNRS 60, next month!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  2. Who's Jimmy Smith...?

:D

3. GreggAz

GreggAz

looks cool... I think I know one of the artists.... maybe he can get me a discount.

hey Stupski help out a fellow person of Polish descent, what do you say?

4. FutureElements

FutureElements
    from Corona

Here are a few images from the book.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. looks cool...can never have too many books like this...

6. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Ah, hell Gregg... Someone's got to represent our heritage in the desert, right? I'll trade ya for a quart of duck soup.

The book is amazing... Between Dwayne's insider look at creating the work he does to the "Who's Who" in the industry of featured art, it's just incredible.

Jeem... glad you posted this here... I'm going to get you to sign a copy or five.

7. Looks like very cool book and it features my favorite artist John Bell. I can hardly wait to pick up a copy.

8. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

frickin A. that is so friggin RAD!... hell Jeem. you should put out a book of your own. i'd buy it!

9. That green bucket is grooooovey Jeem!

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

that orange sedan is one of my favorites. it screams Fat Jack...

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks fellows.....Boones, the orange sedan IS what I would've liked to have seen FJ build after that coupe got all wadded up. The green T should be done by now, a young guy built it....used to work at Squeeg's Kustoms.

12. FutureElements

FutureElements
    from Corona

Here is a small sample of the video content that comes in the book on a DVD. It shows the process from Sketch to rendering plus a few extras.

<object width="400" height="302"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2536087&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=d6b07e&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2536087&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=d6b07e&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="302"></embed></object><br />Hot Rod Art Book Sample Video from Dwayne Vance on Vimeo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  13. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I gotta get that!

- Joe

14. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Met Dwayne at last year's GNRS - nice guy, took the time to talk to this aspiring artist - I've signed up for one, can't wait to get my hands on that DVD!

15. FutureElements

FutureElements
    from Corona

The book is moving along really well. I should have the first shipment in January and ready for the Grand National Roadster Show. I will only have 100 books for the show then the final shipment comes in February.

16. hell I gotta get one!! nothing like supportin the Homeboys

17. FutureElements

FutureElements
    from Corona

Update on The Hot Rod Art Book:Masters of chicken scratch

Just received the first print of the book over the Holidays. IT is the unbound version. Found out that all the books are headed to binding. The book is looking great! I can't wait to start shipping in out and hearing from everyone.

18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Can't wait to get to Pamona!

19. FutureElements

FutureElements
    from Corona

I will certainly be lookin for ya

20. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

my order is in. can't wait to get it!!!

21. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I bought one:)
    I can't wait till it arrives!
    Really looking forward to it,
    CAB

22. FutureElements

FutureElements
    from Corona

Here are a few pics from the book. It comes out February 12th and will be shipped shortly thereafter. Here is the link to the website to get your order in
    http://www.hotrodartbook.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Max Grundy was selling them at his booth at GNRS...cool book...meant to pick one up on the way out and forgot...need to order one...

24. FutureElements

FutureElements
    from Corona

25. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Bump for an old thread......

Just got this book as a gift and it's freaking awesome, Dwayne even autographs if you buy from his sites.

If you're like me and collect automotive coffee table books....an absolute MUST HAVE. Simply excellent.