Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest A Texas-Sized Thanks to my Aussie Pal Stovebolt

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dreddybear, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

This is what the Hamb is all about.

As many of you may or may not know I've been building a Model A Coupe for a while now. The car was obviously laying on it's left side because nearly everything on that side was gone. Over the course of the last year I've found everything for that side of the car. Except for the spot where the beltline in rotted away:

[​IMG]

Well last night I came home to a box on the doorstep. From Australia. Inside along with a couple of AWESOME Aussie Hot Rod Magazines called "Chopped" was this :

[​IMG]

It's in great shape. I can patch this in no problem. I can't express how much this will help me along. You can all understand how hard it is to find this kind of stuff. I'm shocked. I want to express my gratitude to Mark aka Stovebolt. You're a true Hot rodder, an inspiring Hamb'er, and now one of my friends. I hope I get to buy you a beer someday in Australia. Cheers my friend!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  2. retics4me

retics4me

thats way cool !

3. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

That's what makes this the greatest place there is.

B:DB

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Amen!

5. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Paul,

You are very welcome. The HAMB has provided me with many hours of enjoyment, and files and files of good technical information. People here have given me parts, and I've made a lot of great acquaintances. I've sold and bought stuff here.

So giving back will only spread good Karma.

Good luck with the build, and keep me informed as to how you're getting along.

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Good karma is coming your way sir. I know it. :D Thanks a million!

7. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Too cool. Thats a good way to live my friend...

8. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Viva La Hamb.

9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Mark.
    I'm glad to know you as well, From the 1st letter before we met on the HAMB to present. You're a great person and you make the HAMB all that much better.
    Again Viva La HAMB!

10. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Give when you can, and what goes around will come around.........

11. Wheelless

Wheelless

Dreddybear,

I have the same problem area with my 1929 A coupe.. what was your plan for fixing that if you didn't get that panel? I have been stumped about how to tackle mine.. mine also goes almost all the way across the rear above the trunk panel area.

Thanks in advance.

JD

12. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

That rules! I know how long Paulie has been looking for this piece. Super nice hookup from Stovebolt!

13. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Crazy-nice hookup!

To tell you the truth what I was going to do was:

Make a paperboard template of the right side, Reverse it, then Wheel it outta metal and add a bead.

The other idea I had was to take a sedan roof section and section and pie-cut the beads down to size.

If you're uncomfortable with this stuff then you could always find a metal fabricator to do it. And it's certainly not as expensive as you would think...

14. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

That`s cooler then the dog and duck tonight :eek:

15. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

ol' stovebolt is one of those alright kinda guys, and I'm glad to call him a friend.
    Zach

16. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks for those compliments guys.

I like to think that we're all in this together, and if you can't make another guy happy by lending a hand, then you shouldn't be in the hobby. If you're only in it to make money, well ......