Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tmacracin, Dec 10, 2008.

1. tmacracin

tmacracin

I've been trying to buy some rebuild parts for a 392 and a 354 I'm doing but these guys don't phone or email me back???? I want to place a fairly sizable order from them but its got me spooked. Anyone else have problems?

2. silent rick

silent rick

i never had a problem. i have placed several orders with them.

3. tmacracin

tmacracin

I have only been told good things about them.BUT I have been waiting for a response back for 10 days. I left two phone messages and 2 emails?

4. 73RR

73RR

Perhaps we can help ?

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

had good dealings with them...

6. tmacracin

tmacracin

I'm not trying to "bad mouth" them I just thought I would check into them a little further.

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

They have answered the phone every time I have called and all parts ordered have come promptly and exactly as expected. I have absolutely no complaints. I am guessing they are a pretty small outfit relatively speaking. Maybe they had a family emergency or something. Seems a little unusual based on my dealings with them.

8. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I've had good dealings with them, but I did get the impression they are a couple man operation. I'm not saying that as fact - just an impression. I also don't think that's a BAD thing either, but one has to expect that they might get bogged down from time to time.

They shipped my stuff in a timely manner every time I bought anything, but I WAS able to place my order via phone talking to a real person.

Good luck!

9. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

I have never had issues with them. They were always there for either an order or to answer a question. I wouldnt say they are the most computer oriented so try the phone. They are east coast so call them between 9-4 EST. I would say they are the best Hemi oriented guys out there.

10. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I have had excellent dealings with them. I would strongly suggest not stopping till you actually talk to someone on the phone. I had a set of .060 over 241 Dodge pistons back ordered, had I not of called them they may still have been sitting on the shelf. They arrived 3 days after talking to somone on the phone. Like anywhere else don't call at peak times like Monday morning etc.

11. Camm

Camm

Never a problem, maybe you have a bad number.

12. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

I wish all venders did as good a job as HOT HEADS. I have had only the best expierence with them and would recommend highly. I have bought alot of stuff from them over the last 4-6 years and NEVER had a problem.

JMOHO

13. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Hot Heads is one of the best out there!! There tech help is amazing, and there service is good too!! Everytime I have ordered something It came when promised.
    Jimmy White

14. lolife

lolife

Bob runs the place with his wife (and son I think), and he's not a big email fan. He comes from an earlier era I think. He can probably run a fax machine and telephone better.

I bought a lot of stuff from him for my dodge hemi. Had a couple of minor issues and he fixed it as soon as I called.

I'm kind of wondering if his email is screwed-up, because I emailed him a month ago and didn't get a reply. I figured he was just busy over the holidays. But since other people are having problems too, maybe his internet provider is hosed.

I'd call him. Don't just keep sending emails if you want action.

15. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I know Bob and Deborah pretty well--I met them working through magazines, but it's more than a business relationship. They are VERY, VERY good people. In fact, they're some of my favorite people in the industry.

Bob does get swamped with calls. Best time is right off the bat early in the morning.

It's also the holidays, so that might have figured into it. Keep trying, and you won't be disappointed. Generally I have to call several times before getting a chance to talk with Bob--he spends A LOT of time on the phones talking to people at all hours.

-Brad

16. hemicoupe32

hemicoupe32

I've bought a ton of stuff from them over the last 3 years. Never had any problems. Allways got back to me either that day or the next. Only time they missed was because they were at a national show. Bob Walker is good people.

17. concreteman

concreteman

They are the best ,I order all my parts from any vender over-nite .they always pulled it off ,you may have the wrong ##

18. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

top drawer operation! i've had nothing but the best of service from them. timely delivery of the correct parts every time. they are a great bunch of people that i consider to be my friends. when you run a desoto motor you need friends like bob and deb.
    dan

19. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Very helpful folks. Will spend the time with you to ensure that you are a happy customer.

20. Weasel

Weasel

Bob Walker is good people. Just keep trying - it's worth it.

21. If he is so good he would learn internet and or phoneskills. 10 days with no reply?Phone AND email...........sorry, he sucks. In this day and age I can email customers on the top of Denali to stay in touch. Lame

22. tmacracin

tmacracin

Sounds good to me I will give them another call in the morning I imagine they are just busy.
    thanks for the info

23. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Damn Tman, that sounds pretty harsh and can't really agree, sorry.

I am all for computers, internet, etc., etc., etc., but like I said, they have always actually answered the phone when I have called and listened to and answered my dumb questions with no complaints that they have probably heard a million times. They have a pretty decent website, a lot better than most with tons of useful tech info on it and they even have a free classifieds section which is very useful as well. I give someone way more credit for actually answering a phone and talking to you than sending e-mails back and forth. Like most have said and have experienced, they typically are very good at answering the phone. In fact, this is the only time I have ever even heard 1 bad thing about Hot Heads. They are not so much into the period correct vintage speed stuff, but they do make damn good stuff, that actually fits and works on top of the generally very good service - respectable prices too. They give out free printed, very well laid out and useful color catalogs if you ask too, but all the stuff is on the internet as well.

Plus, they are an apparently successful, as far as I know, small American business devoted to providing products for a very limited market that they personally are interested in. I haven't bought a lot from them, but am happy to when needed and glad they are around. Again, personally, I have no complaints with them at all. They have been nothing but helpful and very nice to me and I suspect typically pretty much anyone else that calls as well. I doubt I am getting any special treatment somehow.

I know Don Garlits uses them because he contacted me through their on-line classifieds about a part once. If they are good enough for him in regards to hemi stuff, they are good enough for me.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  24. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Hot Heads are a small Mom & Pop type outfit. They may be hard to get a hold of once in awhile, "but" their service is still tops in my book. Bob has been a big help in my K.S. Pittman project. All the parts and services I purchased were done on an exceptional basis. I would highly recommend them. Just my two cents.

Rocky

[​IMG]

25. moparjack44

moparjack44

DITTO !!
    Hot Heads is owned by Bob Walker, and he usually the one that answers the phone, not the norm these days. Very personal and helpful.
    Jack

26. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No point in leaving messages or sending emails. They're too busy. You have to call when they're open. If they're open they'll help you out.

My experience with them, overall, has been good and Bob Walker is AWESOME! Something got messed up with a pilot bearing I had and he replaced it free of charge and had it to me the next day and made it right.

On the flip side, I've had some discrepencies with various fitments and applications of certain products as well as an issue with the quality of their head bolts. Again though, they're straight shooters and always make good on anything. I recommend them.

If you find that you don't want to go with them, Quality Engineered Components (73RR above) is great to work with and can take care of your needs as well. Their number is 541-617-0613 and they're out of Bend, Oregon. Gary is great to work with and very knowledgable.

27. hemicoupe32

hemicoupe32

I got plenty of parts and plenty of help from them. Good good people and know there shit about early hemi's

Attached Files:

28. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

just ordered a lot of parts for my build and got great service over the phone. i just wish they were a alliance vendor!!!

29. Lancer

Lancer

Answered all my dumb questions while working on my Destoto Hemi, got the parts I needed and they were great to deal with, I would recommend them to anyone.

30. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Hemi Hot Heads is the best..Bob Walker really helped me when I needed direction building my 241..He spent a lot of time on the phone with me..
    Duane.:cool:

Attached Files: