Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes 2008 show pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Really? (sorry for getting OT) I thought that the colors worked because they contrasted so much, but I guess everyone sees things different.

Thanks for the pics!

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Hmm, yeah, I kind of dig the colors. They work for me and different too, so I give him a lot of credit for that as well.

3. solid

solid

Bang up job on the photos. Thanks for sharing.

4. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i think Badbob might of got some pics of the bikes when we were walking around. great show was bummed i had to leave early:(

5. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I'm coining a new phrase- "HAMB Slam". "No disrespect" to you Sam, but are the unsolicited negative opinions really necessary? (NOT just you, but all of them that are posted everyday) Do the same people that hand out opinions so freely drive to a car show and let everyone know what you don't like about their car or just save it for the internet? Prediction- you will come back with some kind of pumped up angry response- but what do you really expect when you pretty much kick someone in the nuts- a THANK YOU note? I'm just not getting the "KEYBOARD CRITICS" anymore- over it.

6. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

How did I miss that dang it... did he mess it up?

7. Bryan

Bryan

yeah, it got messed up :(

8. HELLMET

HELLMET

Oh ya nice meeting evel today super nice guy. Billy

9. zombiehut

zombiehut
    from calgary

I got pics and video, will have to wait to upload once I get back to Canada sunday night.

Whats this talk about it being cold out?

10. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

wow,,Jim,really?,,,

,ive been on this board for 7 years,,,people have stated their comments about my rides over the years whether i liked it or not...MORE than i wanted to hear..remeber when i painted my 56 red & white??? ..:D
    whats the big deal?

i made a comment out loud,,the colors on the truck look ugly...that was my opinion atthe time i said that.....

sorry if you got hurt fellings ,,,

11. Bryan

Bryan

California "cold", not Calgary cold. Anything below 70 is cold

12. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

You won't believe me- but it has nothing to do with you (I would have said it to anyone). I see people freely kick around other peoples work (in this case creativity) and I don't understand why. Your original unedited comment was a little more brutal- I didn't mean to comment on the edited version.
    I was just complimenting your '52 conversion last week. I really liked when you repainted your '56 - most people were just bummed you covered up something so nice- not dissing the new combo. Again, not about you- just would like to think we can be a little more considerate to our "friends" in cyber space.

13. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

So ZombieHut how'd you like it bro? Sorry I didn't hang out more with you!!! Good to see you again!

14. 5051

Here is the only pic I had of the bike. He wouldn't start it earlier because he said it would clear out the entire area.

Said it had top speed of 50 mph.

Attached Files:

• Jet.jpg
      Jet.jpg
      File size:
      84.1 KB
      Views:
  15. jimcaf

jimcaf
    from san diego

just a few more photos from today

Attached Files:

16. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

you know what Jim...you are 100% right.

i got caught up in the "sitting behind the keyboard in my pajamas" thing ,,,

you are right ...

17. Are you saying we should be "Political Correct" going forward on the board? Only say nice things; keep the "Negative" (constructive criticism) in the bag?... not all cars are going to be liked by ALL.

Just my 2 cents.

18. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I don't want to be right- let's just try and be a little more friendly. The new guys will learn more from a few positive comments then negative ones. Also, I have a fear that some people have some really neat stuff they built that they don't share because they are afraid the first comment will be a negative one (and believe me- I've seen it happen that way pretty regular). Again, don't take it personal Sam- love your work & always appreciate your input.

19. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

If someone ASKS for a truthful opinion the result is "constructive criticism". Just saying someone else's finished car is ugly and their choice of colors sucks is NOT constructive criticism.

I'm not the "nice police" so if the only input you can add is that someone else's car is ugly, go for it. I'm sure your car is perfect and loved universally. I said too much, sorry- I'm done.

20. Jim: take a deep breath,

That wasn't my point. How in the hell did this get turned on me and my cars? I never mentioned anything about them. Since were here...I really dont care if people dont like my cars. If 1 person does happen to like it...then i feel my 'work' is done; and time to move on to the next. :)

21. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pics dudes, thanks for sharing!

22. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I said I was done. Better stick to that. ;)

23. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

Great shots, what a wicked show. I finally got a chance to check out robert Lomas 34. So many bad ass rides there today.

24. kustomkat50

kustomkat50

Thanks for posting the pics!

25. Searcher

Searcher

A few pic's...

Had a great time.....saw pinup girls and wheel stands and a bunch of very cool cars and people.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. NoFriends310

NoFriends310

/\ /\ /\ with the windshield wiper, radio antena and lights...please tell me that bad lil pickup was a driver as well as a tire smoker?!

27. Searcher

Searcher

28. Searcher

Searcher

I would think it was.....

And another....:) [​IMG]

29. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

nice photos guy, might have been a bad day for photos but i sure enjoyed the pics

30. Muttley

Muttley

Thanks for taking time to post the pics, someday I'll make it down there to the show.