Register now to get rid of these ads!

New girl....

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Kenzie, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Kenzie

Kenzie

Hi all, my name is McKenzie and I'm from Arkansas. I was looking for some articles on building a rat rod when I stumbled across the site via google. I'm LOVING it so far! I've found loads of good info in the archives.

I'm currently an import owner (a few Mazdas...a MX-3, MX-6 and a handful of RX-7s) but don't hold it against me! As I said, I'm looking to build a rat rod pu over the next few years so we'll see how it goes ;)

2. well the people here might not hold it against you for having imports, everyone makes mistakes in life, but if you wanna stick around and get help from some of the purist types on here try not to refer to your future project as a rat rod. that description is almost as bad as racial slurs. good luck and watch what you say, even if its yours, not many on here think the same.

3. TwistedMetal

TwistedMetal
    from Wisconsin

Welcome from -7 degrees here today. Everything you need to know is on
    this site Including the terminology. (Ratrod) Pleas explain your avatar for us.

4. Kenzie

Kenzie

Oh, sorry for the mistake. So it's one word not two? Or is the mistake in calling it a ratrod in general?
    My avatar is my unfinished tattoo...still needs color and some final details.

Thanks for the welcome

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

6. Rule # 1 Never use the "R" word:eek:
    Rule # 2 Refer to rule # 1
    Rule # 3 Have Fun:D

See, That was easy now wasn't it:)

7. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Love the tatts! Welcome from colorado!and please, we say a lot of things on here, but we don't use the "r" word! Lol!

8. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

Welcome to the H.A.M.B., look, mingle, and gather all kinds of info.....but just don't say Rat Rod or anything that starts with Rat. Just say Hot Rod, and everything will be ok.......and I LOVE the Tattoo work your getting.....

9. Kenzie

Kenzie

Ok, I'm piecing together a hot rod....am I forgiven? LOL

10. Hey Kenzie,
    Welcome, these guys are spending way to much time in the garage. This old guy says a 10 can call it anything she wants!!!

11. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

You are forgiven......now check out the pic of my Rat Rod on my profile page...

12. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

Welcome, to the site from another noob to this forum

PS leave that ink black n gray, color makes em look like comic strips

13. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Welcome,Welcome it never hurts to have a pretty face in these forums.You definitekly have to watch yourself around here though they will chew you up and spit you out for somethings from one newbie to another just a word of advice make sure you search the forums before you post something you think could have possibly been asked before if not they tend to get a little snappy.

14. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

You're forgiven. I wouldn't put to much stock in it. If you build it, you can call it what you want!

15. Zombo

Zombo
    1. oHIo

welcome McKenzie. The wifie and me were throwing that name around if we have another girl. Nice tats too.

16. Yea welcome to the HAMB, bunch of good guys and gals here , always liked the state of ARK.,Hank

17. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Only if we get a better pic of that tat.

And Welcome.:D

18. haymaker

haymaker
    from Enid, OK

Nice ink! And welcome.

19. widow maker

widow maker
    from nj

welcome darling............

20. Welcomefrom The great white north!Don't worry about the import thing,sounds like you've seen the light!As far as what you call your car[rat rod,hot rod ect]this does not matter as long as it what you want! p.s. your pic is distracting the hell out of every body!

21. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

Imports are awesome. I've got an Evo and I've had 2 turboed 240sx's. I've also owned a Grand National and a '68 Mustang. But I've also got a model A with a 400" Pontiac in it. They are ALL awesome, just for different reasons. Why not have your cake and eat it to?!

22. TwistedMetal

TwistedMetal
    from Wisconsin

I can't think straight......tell us about your ratrod import.
    J/k, hopefully you did some searches and found some good info for your next project.

23. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

There 'ya go!

Welcome from AZ :cool:

24. Welcome to the network, and HOTROD trucks rule! Good luck on the future project!:D

25. hemi28modelA

hemi28modelA

Welcome from Oklahoma, have you got a specific project in mind?20's 30's 40's 50's? Good luck in your search. You have found the right place to educate yourself, don't worry about the terminology you will get respect if you are not afraid to get dirty and plan on driving your HOT ROD. Stick around and have fun. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Oh and I agree your avatar is making everyone nervous, but we are just intimidated by a pretty girl that can wrench also.

26. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Welcome from NJ... :)
    Nothing against rice...It's what's for dinner ;) I came from the mini-truck scene looking for the same thing you are but since I have come here, I read a lot, posted some here and there and have redefined my future build goal into a traditional hotrod. Lot's of good info on here for sure! Just heed the advise given and you'lle do fine. There are actually a few women on here.

One other thing... You have to post up pic's for us now... We need a face to put with the abs... ;)

L8R - Joe

27. Abomination

Abomination

I'm a rotary FREAK. Love 'em, and I don't care who knows. :)

Here's a social group you might want to join as well - The Ladies of the HAMB:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=50

Welcome aboard!

You're in good company - you'll probably be shocked how many other stay-at-home mom and dads are on here! LOL!

~Jason

28. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Welcome from MO, Love the ink, got any more?

29. Onelow34

Onelow34

Welcome from iowa

30. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Welcome from southern Illinois...really like the pinup on the piston.