Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cleveland Ohio out of state inspection needed.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Dec 11, 2008.

1. dannyego

dannyego

Well I put out this request back in August, but I figured there are some new people on the board since then. I need an out of state inspection on my 56 chevy and I dont really want to pay for the tow to the BMV to get it done. If anybody on here works for the BMV or a car dealer locally that can do it please let me know. I will compensate you for your time. Im in Willowick Oh. The local police do not come out to do it here so that is not an option.:confused:

2. Zombo

Zombo
    1. oHIo

I don't know if they still do it but, may father in-law had a state trooper came to his house. That was years ago though.

3. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Have you tried asking Arko Auto Sales? Maybe en route to/from work someone can stop. They're close enough.

4. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

I dont understand why you need an out of state inspection? I hear that they do them at the DMV just talk to them they may help you out. I need an inspection to but just not yet its not running haha

5. dannyego

dannyego

The BMV does do them there. The only problem is unless I push it, it aint gettin there you know what I mean. I have an old New York title/registration card for the car which they will currently accept....for now. They said they will not be accepting it soon and I want to take care of it before it becomes an issue.

6. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

i see maybe if you call the highway patrol they might do it... but prob not.... unless you have donuts :)

7. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

u haul trailer is 50 bucks....

8. dannyego

dannyego

I have a 2004 Colorado. the only thing I can tow is a Falcon or toyota, and believe me the Falcon was almost too much weight for it.

9. EDSROD

EDSROD

rent for cheap drive slow with 4 ways on, better than loosing out? hire a rollback for 100.00 better than loosing out???????????????? easy answer just be creative!!!!!!!!!!

10. Not2low

Not2low
    from Eaton,Ohio

If you cant find a local to help you I can help you.You will have to give me info and send a whopping $3.25.Glad to help if you want it.
    Chris

11. dannyego

dannyego

UPDATE! I now have a clear title thanks to the Hamb and Chris (Not2low). Man I love this message board!

12. tjm73

tjm73

If they are going to stop accepting the NY proof of ownership, how are they gonna handle old cars that are sold to Ohio buyers from NY. Cause I'm pretty sure NY isn't gonna change their ways on this just for Ohio.

13. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

New bonded titles. AZ requires notory stamps, LOTs of states dont even have a spot. AZ wont accept it without, so, new bonded title.

14. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Ohio is one of the most difficult states regarding titling old vehicles. They stopped accepting paperwork from 'title companies' well over a decade ago. I actually had to provide an insurance card once along with a GA registration and bill of sale - all matching the seller.

What hampers Ohio is that there is little consistency between the individual bureau locations.

dannyego, glad you had the '56 handled. Congrats!