Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 34 roadster progress picts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot rod pro, Dec 8, 2008.

1. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

2. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

thanks guys,it means alot.

-danny

3. Fantastic, methodical and professional work as always Danny !!

Just quickly, is that QC centre the Winters one?

I understand it allows you to bolt up the STD 41-48 bells, and with a flange change on the housings ends u can run late 31 spline axles with a Detroit locker type centre ?

Rat

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  4. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

the quick change is a winters champ,with their adaptors to go to 35-48 bells.it is a one piece package,you get the center with all the guts along with a true trac diff..a true trac is a torque sensing dif that locks and unlocks very smoothly,unlike a locker,that has rachets that click in and out.i am running 40 bells with big bearing ford type ends welded on.the axles will be from dutchman motorsports,which are on the way.

thanks for the questions.

-danny

5. Thanx for the info Danny, keep the pix comin

Rat

6. HasonJinkle

HasonJinkle

Man- why don't you take some time and clean up that shop, it looks like a friggin' pig stye.

;)

Amazing work, and I'm really digging that hairpin jig as well. I can't wait to see all that front end pipe all polished up, I loves me some Stainless!

7. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

yea,i know i need to mop.hard to work in all this filth.

i have a mexican buddy (bluesman) that wants to clean for hot rod parts.i may take him up on it.:D

-danny

8. Petey

Petey

Great work as usual Danny.
    Your posts always inspire me.

9. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

glad you like it.

the guys that inspire me are the ones that make killer cars out of there garage.i have been blessed with the tooling that i have,but the guys that are banging things out with hand tools are the true fabricators.

thanks again.

-danny

10. Dirty2

Dirty2

Danny , I dont like to get this drama started but I read your other post and didnt find any thing wrong and it got zaped. Now we have a thread about Betty Page and this that has went 11 pages .Clint Eastwood's '32 Ford Roadster .There is like maybe 5 pictures of cars and a lot of repleys about who is going to win in a fight. Very trad post ? Did you really make someone that mad ?

11. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

The original post was shut down because alot of people started a bitching match about the car being used for the build(myself included), nothing that Danny said was out of line. As I said in my post over there, I respect the man for his outstanding work, his customer on the other hand...:rolleyes:

Again Danny, beautiful work. Definitely set the mark high!:D

12. Hey Danny: Awesome stuff! I'm in the middle of a ground up 34 frame build - my first. I'm using a Model A rear cross like you - with a big Frankland Q.C.

Anyway, was wondering whose rear spring you're using and how you determined the correct spring hanger width? I noticed that the shackles in the mock-up were almost parallel to the floor - is this how you setup in the chassis/frame jig? With weight on the car, my guess is that with the spring compressing that the final shackle angle will be close to 45 degrees. As I haven't done one of these before, I don't know the correct way to mock-up . . . and how to know what spring hanger width to use (id to id). I have a Posies Model A spring (super-slide type).

Hope my ramble makes sense . . . MUCH appreciate the work, you are a great inspiration to a guy who is learning as he goes.

Dale

13. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

dale,thanks for your interest in this project.when i build a rearend,i use a posie model-a spring that is 2" narrower than stock(part# 29-31r-c).with that said,the stock perch width is 48",so i make the new perch width 46".after i find the correct width,i set the pinion angle at 3 degrees up.once that is set i weld the spring hangers level to the ground,that gives you a correct pinion angle when the rearend is mounted in the car.

i hope this gives you the info you need to get started.

feel free to give me a call if you need more info.some of this info is easier to speek than type.

-danny

14. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

on the other post i thought it would be fun to stir up some trouble,and i did.i knew that starting with that car would bring on some fun remarks,and it did.i also knew that it was going to get shut down,and it did.i agree that some topics get a longer leash to run on,but i'm ok with that.the fun is seeing how long the leash is,not whinning that you have one on. :)

ryan and kevin,you guys do a great job making this board fun for all of us.

thanks.

-danny

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  15. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

The builds going on at Bruces Rod Shop are down right amazing!There shop is a car guys dream, you have see it in person.There passion for cars shows in there work!Danny himself is great guy and knows his business when comes to the hot rods.Great work as always hats off to yall guys!:D

16. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

the other member of my fan club.:D

randy you are blowing smoke up the wrong skirt,dad is the one with the flatheads for sale.:D

all kidding aside,thanks for the kudos.

-danny

17. Bluesman isn't he the guy that wants to mop the floors for HOT ROD parts? Ya thats the guy that has custom cars and now wants a Hot Rod.Thanks Randy.

Bruce

18. fordflambe

fordflambe

Danny (Bruce's Rod Shop?) - need some consultaiton within the next couple of weeks (through the holidays) regarding rack and pinion and louvers for 48 Poncho vertible......will the shop be open so we can talk?

19. fordflambe

fordflambe

Thank you Danny for taking time to show me around! Your facility is amazing and it is easy to see the quality and innovation you guys build into your cars. Your work clearly shows your passion for Hot Rods. For all on the HAMB looking for a quality shop, I recommend you stop buy and see Danny's work in person. Looking forward to having you punch those louvers..........ff

20. tinmann

tinmann

Danny, your level of fab work is amazing. Can I ask one stupid question? In one of the shots showing the fabrication of the hairpin, you are threading the tubing obviously under power on the lathe. I've never been brave enough to attempt threading with the lathe "on". I've only just pulled it over with the chuck key. How do you know how much pressure to lean into the tail stock? Have you ever snapped a tap? Thanks in advance for listening to the questions of a novice machinist.

21. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

first off thanks for the kind remarks.second,i have heard stupid questions,but your's is not one of them.

in the pictures,it looks like it is turning faster than it really is.i spin my machine around 45-60 rpms when taping.i also try to buy the best taps i can afford when working with stainless.i have broken smaller taps,but not 1/2" and larger taps.when taping,i get the threads started then let the threads pull the tap into the work.

hope this helps.

-danny

22. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

glad you could stop by.

-danny

23. BTTT - This is a post I go back to for ideas at times . . . wanted a few more to you to see it. Danny does fantastic work and has helped me with quite a few questions. True class act here!

24. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns