Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Progress: My 1960 f-100 runs again! Pic's & video

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BIGREDTODD, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Well, Finally fired up the '60 last night. The truck has been apart for awhile...but I am on the home stretch. The punch list is shrinking...just have to install an electric fan, check all the mounts and fasteners, etc...

Here's a crappy video of the fire-up, after I made sure nothing was leaking:D

I haven't been able to roll it out for pictures, so I just grabbed a few quickies...you'll have to excuse how dusty it is, I am more into working on the tasks at hand than washing it...:rolleyes:

Sharing the stable with the 'Bird:
    [​IMG]

This one kinda gives an idea of the stance...though it's a little cramped to get a full shot:
    [​IMG]

For having no air bags, I am pretty happy with the ride height:
    [​IMG]

Back is pretty low too:
    [​IMG]

Here's the engine compartment, in all is dirty glory...the Kragen special air cleaner is just temporary. I have a 10" Riley mushroom sitting in a box just waiting:D
    [​IMG]

I will drag it out and grab some better pictures soon...but pretty excited about getting it back on the road VERY soon...

(the black primer is 12 years old, by the way, I know it's dingy)

Thanks for checking it out...

Todd

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!,,that must be a great feeling,,,,,,,,
    sounds FANTASTIC,,bet you can't wait to get her on the road,,,,

3. Thanks Jim...

Yeah, dying to get it back on the road (and to a muffler shop:D)

This was a truck that I bought and drove to high school...body still only has 89k miles on it...

getting close...

4. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Congrats! It won't be long...........

Later, Bill

5. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

Looks great! I never realized your truck was a long box. They always look better either slammed or jacked up a mile in the air - rarely in between.

I have a long box '60 too. I can't expect it to be that low with my set-up but the MII is a little out of my budget right now. In that first pic, your wheels look gold - not a bad illusion.

Post more soon.

Todd

6. Thanks...

truth be told I wish I still had the I-beam, but a MII was the only option I was made aware of when I first put it together...(1997)

I like the proportions of the longbox too...

7. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

I kind of like the long bed better then the short. Nice to see another one.

Any chance you would part with the 60 grill on the wall? I need one to get my 60 back on the road.

8. I might, but there's someone trying to talk me out of it already...I'll think about it. I have a painted one also.

No one is talking me out of my N.O.S. tailgate though!:D

9. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Thanks, let me know.

10. 100% Matt

100% Matt

11. If I play my cards right, may actually get a test drive video this weekend...

12. damn nice truck!

13. Thanks HOTRODSURFER...

all of the time-conuming nickel/dime projects are starting to pay off...I'll keep my eye out for a pair of caps for you...

14. thanks brother

15. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

That sounds incredible Todd! I guess I should have kept my fool mouth shut last summer because "Earl" is most definately going to be done before my car, WAY before. Still planning on rocking some scallops?

16. throttlein

throttlein

I love those trucks I'm gonna try and find one when I get through building my model a sedan. Looks good and sounds even better!

17. I dunno about the scallops anymore...maybe unleash a hungry pinstriper on it instead:cool:

In all fairness, I didn't cut my truck in half...that may have slowed your progress down a bit...:rolleyes:

I am going to look you up next time I have a work weekend. I want to trim a bit off the front X-member and move my bumper down and back a bit...

BRT

18. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

Nice stance, Ive never been a fan of long beds, but yours looks good. It looks right.

19. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Yeah, I lost two doors and a WHOLE LOTTA roof. Bring the truck on over and hit that cross member with the plasma (while I still have it) and then you can help me put my car back together. Bring the little lady and I'll get John and Sabrina and we'll make a party out of it.

20. HAHA...I'll probably just unleash the gas-axe on it over here...not quite ready to drive it across town without exhaust and a few miles of shakedown around the 'hood...I'll hit you up next time the holiday and honey-do lists aren't in control:eek:

Why don't you throw some pics up of the fury you unleashed on your '48?

21. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Yeah, maybe I'll do that. Having trouble hanging the coupe doors. Once thats done I can make some serious progress. Hanging 54 inch long doors by yourself sucks.

22. Looks good Todd, I had a 60 F-100 longbed also, back a few years. All stock, 292 with auto. Used as my daily driver for a little over a year I owned it. It passed through several HAMB'ers, eventually getting a Must II front suspension like yours and rearend flip on top of the leafs in the rear. Not sure who has it now, it was red and white and very good body.

23. funny, because mine was red/white when I got it too...once I had ironed out the few dings on the body, the primer spots were really bugging me so the black arrived. It will be red/white again someday.:eek:

24. With any luck (and some fair weather) it will move out under its own power this weekend...

here's hoping!

25. good luck todd,got my fingers crossed for ya