Register now to get rid of these ads!

flathead to T5 Adapter.. What one did you use???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tankwilson, Dec 9, 2008.

1. tankwilson

tankwilson

I am building a 26 T coupe using a 1952 V8 Ford flathead out of a pickup with a 89-90 S10 T5

I have the bell housing and starter.

What adpater did you guys use? Good? Bad? Expensive? Cheap?

Any and all info is greatly appericated.

Thanks
    matt

2. Krylon32 here on the HAMB has one . He'll give you all the info.

3. tankwilson

tankwilson

Looking for your experiences with adapter kits good and bad.

Thanks

4. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I just parted with a 50 F-1 with a built flatty and T-5. Mine was already done when I got it, but it had a speedway adapter.
    The truck drove great, shifted great etc..

All I can say about it....besides it had a 40 swan shifter in place of the S-10 stick.

5. JF

JF
    from Utah

I purchased a flat alum plate adapter from Dwight Bond for $135 incl shipping with pilot bushing. I have it bolted to a 1984 S10 T-5 (still sitting on the work bench) and will hopefully soon be going in my 51 F1 once I get the 8RT ready and the frame prepped.
    I cant find his email off hand, I'll look for it at work in the morning. If your planning on using the stock linkages etc it is a lot cheaper route as compared to the speedway stuff.

Josh

6. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

The Dwight Bond adapter is cheap and cool i have one too. it even has a place to hang ya pedals. You do need a bell housing from a truck with a granny transmision to complete the package.

[​IMG]

7. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Here is it assembled
    [​IMG]

I have another mini bellhousing thats needed if anyone wants to go this way
    [​IMG]

8. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

I've got an F1 with an 8BA flathead that I used an adapter plate between the bellhousing and the t5 that i got from Dwight Bond. I spent $183.00 for the adapter, throwout spring, and used front trans hub. Dwight is very helpful and the stock clutch linkage works out fine. I'd bought one from speedway but got the wrong one and ended up selling it. I had to turn out the center of the flywheel and I think it was a clutch disc from an Astro van that I used with it. Good luck, TomCat 1

Attached Files:

9. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

I used a 50 car bellhousing and a speedway adapter. It fit up OK.. Look at my hamb album for picts...

10. 38 Hump

38 Hump

I used the adapter and associated parts offered by Cornhusker. The instructions were easy to understand and everything withe the install went fine. I am running an 8BA with a mercury car bellhousing and stock clutch linkage in a '38 Ford Tudor. It runs like a champ and I wouldn't switch to anything else.

11. BUICKS38

BUICKS38

I used the speedway adapter with a 4 speed. One of my buddies used a speedway adapter also with the 5 speed. They both work out great.

12. tankwilson

tankwilson

Can someone give me a list of what i will need if i use a Dwight or Speedway adapter.

Thanks