Register now to get rid of these ads!

just ordered a new set of Cokers for my T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hugh m, Dec 10, 2008.

1. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Just ordered a new set of Cokers for my T modified, 450/16 fronts and 700/15 rears, (firestone blackwalls) these are bias ,4 plys. Also just got an earful from a pal saying what a mistake I just made, not getting radials. Have to admit I ordered these cause they looked perfect for the car, the radial offerings just did't seem to have the feel I am after. So what is the consensus here, will they drive O.K.or what? By the way, saved about 10% with the HAMB discount. Thanks.

2. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Majority here use biasply's They run just fine!

3. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i have radials , but it is a personal choice . rags are fine ! ..... steve

4. You really screwed up on this one.

You should be building your car exactly how someone else tells you.

JH

5. Check out the Rolling Bones website, check the pics and see what they have to say about them.I would'nt run them if I planned to put alot of miles on.

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

Don't ask me about tires....I am running cheater slicks on mine. I must be a spaz.

7. Is it already time for the weekly "Put ugly radials on your traditional car" thread?

8. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

I've run both bias and radials on my cars . A lot depends on the weight of the car and what kind of driving you do . I've found that they both work very well , I've driven long trips on both . The bias won't work as well when turning , seems like you just keep turning and turning and they roll under a little at slower speeds on my '40 coupe . Radials ride well but so do bias with correct pressures . My .02 worth............Z.D.

9. You did good. Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about.

Bias ply tires on a small car not only drive good, but LOOK good too.

Pat yourself on the back for narrowly escaping a big mistake.

10. the 16/15 combo seems odd to me but other than that youll be fine

11. 26 FlatRod

26 FlatRod

I did the same thing for the 26 T roadster I am building and it looks just great. My thought is that I want it to look as much like a hot rod built in the late 40s as possible. If that means it does not drive or handle like a new car so be it. I am going with a flathead, old manual steering, drum brakes etc, so there are a few more things that won't work like the latest technology and I ain't worriying about them either

In my book, ya gotta be true to what you are building, If you want something that is a mishmash of different eras and technology, thats ok too, but you should decide which way you want it to be.

-Dave

12. Offy

Offy

Please yourself, if it is the look that you want then run 'em. I got a set of wheels wth radials and another set with traditional bias and change 'em to suit my driving and mood.

13. 26 FlatRod

26 FlatRod

I did the same thing for the 26 T roadster I am building and it looks just great. My thought is that I want it to look as much like a hot rod built in the late 40s as possible. If that means it does not drive or handle like a new car so be it. I am going with a flathead, old manual steering, drum brakes etc, so there are a few more things that won't work like the latest technology and I ain't worriying about them either

In my book, ya gotta be true to what you are building, If you want something that is a mishmash of different eras and technology, thats ok too, but you should decide which way you want it to be.

-Dave

14. 26 FlatRod

26 FlatRod

Here, I just found some pictures of mine with the tires on.

Attached Files: