Register now to get rid of these ads!

newbie from Milwaukee Area

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 36OldsEight, Dec 4, 2008.

1. 36OldsEight

36OldsEight

Hello from Milwaukee - currently figuring out what to do with my great grandfather's 36 Olds Sedan... At this point, it sits in mostly stock form, worked my way through all most of the bad wood in the doors and rear sills. The 8 runs (not great, but runs) and would like to keep it in until I have to remove it - don't see many of them - not to mention it has such a unique sound.

2. 36OldsEight

36OldsEight

Couple of photos of what I am working with

Attached Files:

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

I like that car. Could freshen it up and drive the snot out of it until it needs more. It might be fun for local trips until you put together a solid plan for it. Oh yea welcome from colorado where it is snowing finally...ghost

4. Welcome from New Berlin...

5. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Welcome from the Fox cities ! That '36 looks like a great project with family history to boot .Awesum!!

6. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Welcome from Milwaukee, that is a real nice machine you got there mister!
    What part of the MIlwaukee area do you hail from?
    Do you agree that snow sucks?
    Sincerely,
    CheaterCarl

7. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Welcome from Cedarburg, not far from the bridge in your photo. A 36 olds coupe was one of my first projects back in HS. Can't zactly remember if it had a torque tube drive or not. Knee action baby!

8. joebuick

joebuick

hey welcome from ca, but originally from milwaukee hopefully ill see the 36 around on one of my visits home

9. 36OldsEight

36OldsEight

Thats the plan at this point - still trying to figure out what direction I want to take it in...

Thank you!

Thank you - thankfully it sat undisturbed for 40+ years in a barn in northern WI. Grandpa found it seized, dropped in some WD and came back a year later (sometime around '85.) My old man began to work on it in the mid 90's, lost interest in favor of Harleys. Mom threatened to plant tulips in it... so I took up the cause. I love driving that to grab groceries amongst the lexi, beemers and benzs

Yep - the snow sucks. Gotta get the snow blower fixed too, that'll teach me to put things off til the winter (couldn't possibly be like last winter, right?) We are in Cedarburg

Gotta love the knee action... rides like a couch! I think that I took that picture on my way to Waynes last summer. I am also in cedarburg.

Only if you are up in Cedarburg - I don't get too far away at this point, don't trust it yet.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008